Member Conduct & Etiquette
- Be respectful of ALL other posters. Personal attacks of any kind are not acceptable and will not be tolerated. Even if you disagree with someone's view, you should still show respect to that person. This is not a virtual schoolyard for fights and name-calling.
- We do not allow the use of direct profanity on the forums. There is a profanity filter that is in place that will replace profane words with either "***" or a more suitable replacement. This included well known abbreviations such as "wtf". The use of profanity or attempts to circumvent the profanity filter will likely result in the entire thread being deleted and possible suspension at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator. So don't do it.
- Advertisements, promotions, spamming, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations of any kind are not allowed on these forums. Any such messages will be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator and it is very likely you will be banned.
- You will not post any material (text, avatars or signatures) which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, racial, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or unlawful. Any such material will be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator and continual postings will very likely get you banned.
- No SHOUTING. It's just plain rude and annoying. Typing in ALL CAPS may result in your post being deleted. Same applies for AlTeRnAcApS. Please keep in mind that the reason you are posting is so that others can read what you have written. Therefore, we ask our members not to use excessively formatted text and to keep fonts to a reasonable size that are easy to read.
- Post to the correct forum and only that forum. Do not post the same thread in more than one forum even if it pertains to more than one. This is known as cross-posting. IMPORTANT: Do not post Who Should I (Start/Trade/Draft/Pick Up, etc.) type questions on the main "NFL Fantasy Football" forum. Please use the "Fantasy Football Advice" forum for any and all team management questions. This is a necessity given the high traffic of these forums.
- If you knowingly post false/fake or fraudulent news articles in an attempt to mislead others, the post will be deleted and your account on these forums will be deleted and your IP Address will be banned. No questions asked, no second chance.
- These are not the only forums in existence nor are they in any way a public forum for unrestricted free speech. If at any time you feel that these forums are not reflective of your views, agenda, beliefs or intellect, then feel free to find other public forums that do and post there. Do not attempt to form these forums to fit you.
- The Huddle and its staff are under no obligation to moderate or police these forums. Considering the size and real-time nature of these forums, it is impossible for the administrators and moderators to review all messages or confirm the validity of all information posted. However, non-enforcement or failure of strict enforcement of the rules outlined on this page should not be construed as a waiver of rights by The Huddle. We will moderate to the best or our abilities, when deemed necessary and at our sole discretion.
- The Huddle reserves the right to perform any action which includes, but is not limited to: moving, closing, editing or deleting of any posting, profile, avatar and/or signature for any reason whatsoever at our sole discretion, without prior notification or explanation to the user. Keep your posts in line, use common sense and you'll be fine.
- Please be respectful when interacting with our forum moderators and administrators. They all work to make this a better place for the entire Huddle community.
- Moderation actions are not up for debate or public scrutiny. Any topics or posts intended to question moderator actions (whether justified or not) will be closed/deleted and the member will be dealt with severely, usually leading up to suspension or removal from the forums permanently. If you have a question/problem regarding a moderator or administrator action, the proper process is to send an email to the administrators. Abusive emails sent to moderators or administrators will result in severe consequences to the sender.
- Do not involve yourself in arguments or flaming threads with other members. Opinions will inevitably vary amongst the member population on these forums. If you end up saying something you shouldn't have, we'll have no choice but be forced to suspend/remove you. Many previously banned members have come to regret what they have said in these situations and there is nothing we can do for them after the fact. If you see others bashing/fighting, report the post to us, do not let your emotions consume you. Do not involve yourself and risk your account status.
- Each forums member is limited to one account/username/alias, unless otherwise authorized by the Board Administrators.
- Creating additional accounts while under suspension or under review will automatically result in all accounts being banned permanently, even if you're later discovered to be not at fault.
- Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself. Creating multiple accounts for the purposes of impersonating others or misrepresenting yourself will result in all accounts being banned.
Copyright, Advertising, Slander/Libel, Linking & Other Legal Matters
- Do not post personal information (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, or any other private information).
- Observe all copyright laws when posting copyrighted material. If the material does not belong to you, do not post the full article/text. Post only the introductory paragraph then credit the source/author and link to the article. Never post articles from other premium (for pay) sources. If you do so, your thread and account will be deleted.
- Do not spam or send unsolicited emails or Private Messages to other members. We will enforce the United States CAN-SPAM Act of 2004 against spamming of our users. Any spam received will be forwarded to the proper authorities and may result in severe civil liability up to and including criminal prosecution. If you are a minor, a parent/guardian will generally be liable.
- Do not post topics or replies that promote your business, site or service.
- Do not post pornography or links to pornography or obscene materials of any form here.
- No posting, PM'ing or linking of pyramid schemes, chain letters or hit/tag games.
- Do not post direct links to any illegal materials, including but not limited to: illegal software, viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, unauthorized music or video files, etc.
- Do not post slanderous, libelous, or other untrue statements about anyone on these boards. The Huddle does not monitor these forums closely for such content and we hereby disclaim all liability associated with these types of postings on our forums. If you feel someone has made false statements about you that do not fall under "fair comment", please use the "Report Post" feature to report these posts to an administrator. Members posting such materials may face criminal prosecution. If you are a minor, a parent/guardian will generally be liable.
- All posts are owned by its author. By posting or providing content to this board, you grant The Huddle permission to 1) use, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, modify, translate and reformat your content, and (2) sublicense these rights, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. The Huddle will not pay you for your content. For each content posted, you represent that you have all rights necessary for you to make the grants in this section.
- The Huddle does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message and do not represent the views of The Huddle staff or any entity associated with The Huddle.
- The Huddle reserves the right to send emails to the email address you use when registering for these forums. These emails may contain site announcements or newsletters, fantasy news or articles, or promotional material. The email address you provide while registering, along with any other personal information, will never be shared or sold to a third party.
- The Huddle may modify and amend these rules and terms at any time without prior notice. We will make efforts to make new changes known, but it is your responsibility to periodically check for updates.
Please obey the rules, use your common sense, and enjoy the forums.