- The Huddle Forums
- → Most Liked Content
Most Liked Content
Posted TNtitans on 29 August 2013 - 10:04 AM
Posted keggerz on 04 November 2013 - 02:19 PM
Posted Tripleshot on 03 November 2013 - 02:48 PM
Posted Chief Dick on 24 September 2013 - 09:05 AM
Posted Chief Dick on 30 November 2013 - 12:44 AM
Posted Chief Dick on 30 August 2013 - 01:13 PM
Let's make it a message board participation. You can give us your roster, list of waiver possibilities, starters, etc. We'll vote as a group each week.
If you win, you donate the $500 to a charity, maybe something of DMD's choosing. Could be fun.
Posted Henry Muto on 23 December 2012 - 11:44 PM
Got to readd this 10 more times!!!!!
Posted Big Country on 21 December 2012 - 01:48 PM
To overrule the official NFL stats like this is absurd. Does your league review every single play and make their own determination about how a play should have been scored?
In short, it is absurd it even got this far, you are being screwed without lube, and regardless of the outcome of this sham of a vote, there is no way that I would be returning to this league.
Posted Big Country on 21 December 2012 - 12:22 PM
Oh the hughmanity, an agreement to do what one wishes with their own money that was rightfully won. Simply asking the commish/treasurer to distribute differently to save the extra step (and in the case of paypal, possible added expense) of distributing the money. I really wish I had your stress free lives that something like this was an actual concern. Or maybe I should just be thankful that I treat this as the fun hobby that it should be, and making a little money can be a nice bonus.
It's all about reducing volatility. I'm not playing for mortgage money in any of my leagues (other than FFPC, but again, the money used to buy in is budgeted and not affecting my lifestyle), so none of the winnings that I stand to gain in any of my leagues are life changing or would go to serve any purpose than to maybe see me hand it to my wife so she can go to the spa or something. Other members of the league may not be in the same boat and have a greater need for the money or it would be more significant for them - so no big deal. I'm primarily playing for the pride/challenge of winning the damn league, the money is nothing more than a little icing on the top. I am in two championship games this weekend - both in BOTH leagues - one is the Huddle California league - winner is scheduled to get 270, 2nd place 150. If my opponent wanted to split it say 200 each and winner gets the extra 20, who the f cares, we're still playing the game out for the bragging rights of being the champion. MSHB is a league where the buy in is for charity and we play for pride - and I am actually much more interested in winning that league because it is an 18 team IDP league, and I am far from being very IDP knowledgable, so the prestige of winning that league does mean a lot more to me than the potential extra $120 for winning the Cali league.
I have to admit, I'm actually surprised, though I probably shouldn't have been, that people would actually take offense, and be adamantly opposed, to the idea of two owners agreeing to a different distribution of the prize pool that is mutually beneficial to them once they reached the title game.
Posted electricrelish on 03 December 2012 - 11:07 PM
Posted scoop55 on 23 November 2013 - 09:14 PM
We have a GREAT commish in Relish who is outstanding in the day to day transactions. I will be terribly disappointed if all this back-n-forth disparagement causes him to rethink doing commissional functions going forward.
Relatively sure others share this opinion in all aspects.
Posted panhead55 on 12 November 2013 - 08:10 PM
Posted electricrelish on 12 November 2013 - 06:52 PM
Acknowledgements: The SOTL is modeled after a very similar report compiled each week by Big Jim's Mutnity who is the commissioner for the Fantasy Dreams Dynasty League.
We are down to the last stretch of the regular fantasy season in which the division battles will resume for the next three weeks.
MFL’s Power Rankings
The Power Rankings have no meaning as far as seeding, but it’s always interesting to compare these rankings to the league’s actual playoff seeding.
- Berlin Escape | berlin
- The Honey Ryders | MorningMud
- DieNasty Dbl-Os | GMBRKR
- The Puss Fellers | The Rhinos
- Kronsteen | Opie
- Vesper Lynds | ElectricRelish & Henry Muto
- Octosuzuki | panhead55
- Vanquish | BearBroncos
- Professor Dent | Lanning
- Winning Is Forever | westhemess2
- SPECTRE | GhostXray
- Quarrel | Brentastic
- Rolls-Royce Phantom | Phantom Menace
- "Jaws"t Win Baby | WashingtonD
- Goldfinger's P*ssyGalore | scoop55
- Casino Royale with Cheese | PhillyPhan311
- points_per_week_per_starter = A
- points_per_week_per_nonstarter = B
- all_play_wins_per_week = C
- actual_wins = D
- division_wins = E
The playoff teams are ordered below if the season were to end today, which means that all of the division leaders are listed regardless of total VP’s.
- Berlin Escape 31 VPs (7-3) 1363.30 – Despite losing Randall Cobb, this team has charged to the top of the league standings with its incredible ensemble of WR’s including key contributions from Jarrett Boykin and Golden Tate. Eddy Lacy has proven to be a huge boost at RB and both QB’s Robert Griffin and Russell Wilson are delivering, although figuring out which one to start each week still remains a weekly coaching challenge. This team may be the best balanced one with its only unreliable position being the coveted 1.5 PPR TE. Berlin Escape is in a three-way tie with the most VPs and trails the season’s total scoring by four points. Berlin Escape is currently regarded as the number one seed and overall favorite.
- Kronsteen 31 VPs (8-2) 1313.10 – When you have Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham on your squad, you have a team that is capable of beating anyone, which is what they continue to do. Although the team’s RB play has been inconsistent, CJ Spiller has been starting to show some signs and Chris Johnson’s upcoming schedule looks very promising. The key to this team’s success may lay with its inconsistent WR corps and whether they can deliver down the stretch. Although, it’s far from certain, Kronsteen is in a three-way tie with the most VPs and looks like a strong contender to return to the playoffs.
- Octop*ssy 24 VPs (5-4) 1206.70 – As if losing Aaron Hernandez to legal troubles (i.e. murder charge) and Titus Young to mental instability weren’t enough, you would think that the kiss of death would be when Doug Martin was placed on IR, but it wasn’t. This team has dropped its last three games, but continues to lead its division by 6 VP’s. Props must go to management who has recently cleared some roster and contract space to perhaps call up someone to the big show from its practice squad who looks long overdue. Plus, Percy Harvin may be returning any day now to keep this resilient team playoff bound.
- Professor Dent 19 VPs (5-5) 1128.50 – Riding a two-game losing streak is not a problem when everyone else in your division is losing as well. There’s no replacing Reggie Wayne, which was a huge “dent”, if you will, into this team’s championship chances, but there is still time to make some moves before the final trade deadline or perhaps pick up some help if the GM can make the time. Dent’s core players Cam Newton, Darren Sproles and Jordy Nelson can get hot and lead this team to victory especially if Dennis Pitta returns soon. Dent holds a 5 VP division lead and still remains the best team in the Bond division, which means the team’s post season position appears secure for now.
- The Puss-Fellers 31 VPs (9-1) 1324.6 – This team holds the overall best H2H record and is in a three-way tie with the most VP’s, but has been producing a lot less in points since losing their top ball hurler Aaron Rodgers. In fact, Rodgers was the team’s only ball chucker before they picked up veteran Chad Henne in a trade. The league’s trade deadline is coming up quickly, so it will be interesting to see what ballsy moves this squad makes if any to try and keep afloat while they hope for a speedy return from Rodgers perhaps in time for the playoffs. The good news is that their RB Shane Vereen may be back to help in week 11.
- The Honey Ryders 30 VPs (8-2) 1367.3 - The defending champs sit atop the league with the most total points and trail in overall VPs by only one thanks to outstanding RB play from Adrian Peterson as well big WR production from Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey. Hats off to the GM for making this team better throughout the season with good trades and good waiver wire pickups. This team will see a QB change in Week 11 since Tony Romo will be on a bye and Jay Cutler has been ruled out in Week 11. The Honey Ryders are riding the league’s longest winning streak at eight as they attempt to improve upon their 1-2 division record.
*** Outside Looking In ***
- DieNasty Dbl-Os 28 VPs (7-3) 1324.6 – Entering the final stretch, this team is the fourth highest scoring team in the league, but they remain the Graves division’s ugly redheaded stepchild since they are currently on the outside of the playoffs looking in. This team’s core has been very reliable with Matt Forte, Marshawn Lynch, Calvin Johnson and the emerging Jordan Reed. The key to the team’s QB issues may have finally been resolved with the pickup of QB Case Keenum who is proving thus far to be a better fantasy start that Eli Manning; therefore, don’t be surprised if this Cinderella transforms itself from division worst to division first.
- Vesper Lynds 26 VPs (7-3) 1216.75 – After losing Julio Jones, Arian Foster and Brian Hoyer to I.R., a lot of roster shuffling moves had to be made just to field a team each week, yet somehow this group has found a way to keep winning with the most unlikely of players of leading the way in Pierre Thomas, Danny Woodhead and Jericho Crotchery. Although making the playoffs seems unlikely, you can never count the Vesper Lynds out.
- Winning Is Forever 18 VPs (4-6) 1169.85 – The bad news is that this team is on a four game losing streak and is trailing the division leader by 6 VP’s. The good news is that the division leader has dropped the last three games, which means that the playoffs are still within reach. Despite losing Justin Blackmon to suspension, the team has a powerful 1-2 punch with Phillip Rivers and Jamaal Charles. Plus, Riley Cooper is starting to pay dividends, complimented by Steve Smith. One has to wonder why the team has not already promoted Zac Stacy, who could have helped this team significantly these past few weeks.
- Vanquish 17 VPs (3-7) 1216.75 – This team has its core pieces in place with Matthew Stafford, Le’Veon Bell, Eric Decker and Cecil Shorts, but its supporting cast has not been able to provide enough production to overcome losing Mike Williams and Dwayne Allen to I.R. Having recently traded away the number one KC Chiefs defense for a 2014 3rd pick, etc.; it’s clear that the owner has decided more help is needed to make a run next season.
- Quarrel 14 VPs (3-7) 1068.30 – The Bond division title is well within reach for Quarrel who only trail by 5 VP’s to a slumping division leader. The team needs a little help, but they have players that can break out on any given week including Andy Dalton, TY Hilton, Antonio Gates, Rob Gronkowski and the 49ers defense. Even Bobby Rainey is starting to make some noise on this team’s bench. It may take a perfect storm, but a playoff run is certainly do-able.
- SPECTRE 14 VPs (4-6) 1031.05 – SPECTRE is behind 10 VP’s and their only shot at the playoffs is for a complete meltdown by the other two teams. It looked like a promising team at the start of the season with Colin Kaepernick and Giovani Bernard leading the way, but the team has been let down by injuries to David Wilson and Danny Amendola along with disappointing production from Victor Cruz, Dwayne Bowe and Chris Givens. This team may still be a year away coupled with help from the draft.
- Rolls-Royce Phantom 12 VPs (3-7) 966.10 – Believe it or not, the playoffs are still a possibility for this squad since they only trail the division leader by 7 VP’s. It’s a long shot, but when your QB is Peyton Manning along with Alfred Morris and Josh Gordon, going on a winning streak can be done. It would help a great deal if DMAC can return from injury since the Bond division is still ripe for the taking. If not this year, then next season, don’t be surprised to see this team challenge for the division title.
- "Jaws"t Win Baby 10 VPs (2-8) 1040.60 – LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore have provided reliable fantasy production this season, but the rest of this squad has been far too inconsistent. Playing a lot better than last season, Jermichael Finley proved to be hard to replace once he went down, and Marques Colston is just coming off his best week all year, but it’s too little too late. Mike Wallace has been mostly mediocre. The fact of the matter is that Jaws needs more playmakers to make an impact. Sometimes that means making moves or sometimes it means your stars are just having an off year. It’s not always easy to tell.
- Goldfinger's P*ssyGalore 8 VPs (2-8) 931.05 – This team has no quit in them. Throughout the season, Goldfinger has continued to pick up FA’s and assigned them one-year deals including rookies, in order to field a competitive team each week. This team took a risk in the offseason and bid adieu to their cornerstone players Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster in exchange for youth and future picks; therefore, this team must remain patient and hope for Michael Floyd, Reuben Randle and Marlon Brown to mature into tomorrow’s superstars. Plus, it would really help if Kenny Britt gets a fresh start somewhere else next season.
- Casino Royale with Cheese 7 VPs (2-8) 854.55 – No team had more devastating hits to their active roster than Casino who lost Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin, Ryan Broyles, Dustin Keller and Kellen Winslow. Plus, a hobbled Santonio Holmes hung around just to take up a roster spot, in addition to numerous games missed by MJD, Stevie Johnson and Jacoby Jones. We also learned this season that this team’s GM suffers from compulsive QB hoarding with 4 on their active roster and 3 more on their DTS that were drafted this year. Fortunately, most of these QB’s look like they may have promising careers, so it will be interesting to see if Casino can move these players to help fill some other needs.
- Professor Dent @ Quarrel
- Rolls-Royce Phantom @ Casino Royale with Cheese
- Goldfinger's P*ssyGalore @ Octosuzuki
- SPECTRE @ Winning Is Forever
- Kronsteen @ Vesper Lynds
- "Jaws"t Win Baby @ Vanquish
- Berlin Escape @ The Honey Ryders
- The Puss-Fellers @ DieNasty Dbl-Os
Almost every single game this week is critical as they all could impact who goes to the postseason and who doesn't. Kronsteen @. Vesper Lynds is key for both teams to get the win. The Puss-Fellers @ DieNasty Dbl-Os is as good as it gets; however, nothing seems quite as enticing as the two highest scoring teams in the league going head to head, so GOTW is awarded to Berlin Escape @ The Honey Ryders.
Getcha popcorn ready as the Graves division goes at each others throats for the next three weeks!
Posted Chief Dick on 12 November 2013 - 03:06 PM
Posted flemingd on 01 October 2013 - 07:34 PM
Posted darin3 on 03 September 2013 - 12:56 PM
Posted Bronco Billy on 09 July 2013 - 12:15 PM
Posted Cowboyz1 on 09 July 2013 - 09:47 AM
Axe Elf stands accused being an Egomaniacal Psycho, whom we should all avoid like syphilis. However before we just pass a permanent Eschew sentence, whereby Axe Elf shall be permanently ignored by all, IT should have due process.
Now that the fog has fully cleared and the bright light of truth has illuminated the fungus that is Axe Elf, let us break down the evidence for the prosecution.
In this hearing there will be testimony from huddle members as well as incriminating evidence by the defendant itself, that will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that one Axe Elf is in fact worthy of expulsion from any and all legit fantasy venues and relegated back to the Yahoo world he came from. Further it is our intent to push for permanent Eschew of one Axe Elf and all his aliases.
Let us begin with the charges:
impersonation of Fantasy Football league manager/member
Multiple counts of disturbing the peace
9 counts attempted sodomy of fellow league members
9 counts misdemeanor theft
Multiple counts of being a Dill Weed bag
and lastly, perhaps the most ANUS of all the charges put forth,
Dressing up like an A$$ and running through the huddle as a newbie.
All rise before justice DMD presiding.
Thank you your honor. I will begin by asking my fellow colleagues if there are any additional charges that should be brought against the defendant.
I call any members of the "Proposition League". Please state your name for the court and any additional charges you wish be bring forth.
Posted SteelBunz on 04 September 2012 - 10:26 PM
BJ.....you are a wonderful person and friend. Have a nice day! Get yourself an ice cream or a fun dinner...treat yourself to something crazy!!
But most of all...celebrate the beginning of FOOTBALL season!!
Love ya man!