[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let the INSANITY Begin!

Get Real

Here we go AGAIN,

Year after Year after Year, the Big 12 and Texas get WAY OVERRATED again and again and again!!!

Texas is number 2 in most polls - Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!!!

And once AGAIN - we will ONLY have to wait a few weeks into the season (September 10) to dispel that REDICULOUS WISH (by the OVERLY HOPEFUL BIG-12-superbiased sports media) and LAUGH VERY HARD ONCE AGAIN!!!

At least the biased media regained a modicum of sanity and FINALLY swept Kansas State under the rug (Wheeeeew!). I mean... if I had to go through one more year of that LAUGHABLE NOTION (that K-State ever deserved ANYTHING close to the rediculous respect they received in the past - they were ALWAYS ranked in the top 5 - Ha-ha-ha) I was going to go postal.

Oklahoma is finally ranked appropriately (#5). Finally, we will be able to have a National Championship that won't be RUINED by the overhype for this program. I mean... two years in a row we lost out on what would have been AMAZING GAMES (USC vs LSU) and (USC vs Auburn), but instead had to settle for two amazing beeyatch-slappings!!!

Now we will have to continue for a few more years with the Texas JOKE!!!

Oh well... Let the INSANITY begin!!!

preseason polls are the ONLY reason, and I mean the ONLY reason Oklahoma got a shot last year. I agree they are useless.

BTW... I don't think Oklahoma didn't deserve a shot, it's just my personal feeling that just about any other team in the top 10 last year would have gave USC a better fight than they did in the Orange Bowl.

preseason polls are the ONLY reason, and I mean the ONLY reason Oklahoma got a shot last year. I agree they are useless.

BTW... I don't think Oklahoma didn't deserve a shot, it's just my personal feeling that just about any other team in the top 10 last year would have gave USC a better fight than they did in the Orange Bowl.

923054[/snapback]

Great Point!!

The should abolish pre season polls until week 5 or 6, that way there is a more fair approach taken.

Take any 5 teams in the nation, let them go undefeated and the two with the highest PRESEASON ranking plays in the show, that is BS!!

And another note , Get Real, with that kind of attitude, you'll have a bunch of Big 12'vers haten' on you all year. Good luck with that one. :D

By the way here's a complete ranking listing:

1 Southern California

2 Texas

3 Tennessee

4 Michigan

5 Oklahoma

6 LSU

7 Virginia Tech

8 Miami (Fla.)

9 Ohio State

10 Iowa

11 Florida

12 Florida State

13 Georgia

14 Louisville

15 Auburn

16 Purdue

17 Texas A&M

18 Arizona State

19 Boise State

20 California

21 Texas Tech

22 Boston College

23 Virginia

24 Alabama

25 Pittsburgh

For the record, the winner of the Iowa/OSU game takes the Big 10 this year. OU and Michigan will probably be out of the top 10 by seasons end also.

Edited by theeohiostate

I'm a Texas fan, and I will freely admit that I think they are over-rated. They deserved to finish where they did last year, and deserve to be a top 10 team this year, but I honestly can't say that I think they have a top 5 team. They will field a pretty good defense, and there is no doubt that they have a great running QB, but they really don't have the great RB that we have been spoiled with in the past, and still haven't found their next Roy Williams. If I had to guess, they will probably finish around #8 or #9.

If Iowa's O line plays better, and they can replace there D Line from last year... all I gotta say is, say your prayers to the rest of the Big Ten. Tate was unbelievable last year. Iowa's O Line has gotten too much credit. They were very weak last year, and have a lot to prove this year. Last year there entire offensive game plan was "Drew drop back, run for your life and make a play."

There running game HAS to be better. It can't possibly get any worse. But it all starts with the O Line. Defensively, Iowa has always been able to bring in new guys on the defensive line. Losing Roth, Babineaux, and Luebke was crucial, but I believe in Kirk Ferentz and Parker to have his boys not missing a step on defense. Those are the 2 big keys for Iowa. They have the quarterback, the receivers, and IMO, talented rb's, (they were all hurt last year). O Line and D Line.

And another note , Get Real, with that kind of attitude, you'll have a bunch of Big 12'vers haten' on you all year. Good luck with that one.  :D

It's not that I don't like the Big 12 or Big 12 fans. I hate the Big 12 fans in the sports media that pretend to be giving an OBJECTIVE (ha-ha) opinion (i.e. Trev Albert). EVERY year Texas and Kansas State have received such lofty preseason rankings that CONSISTENTLY proved to be undeserving (consequently, OU received too much credit for their record by beating them). It's a consistent demonstration of the Big 12 BIAS in the sports media. I really enjoy hearing OBJECTIVE sports opinions, but when they are marred with FANatic over-optimism, it gets tedious. Texas performed great in the Rose Bowl last year. But the way they got the opportunity (the polling fiasco) was another testimony to the currupt process.

I actually think that Texas might be the real deal, FINALLY. I wish them the best. But after failing so miserably in the past (giving the long history of preseason expectations that went consistently flat), I wish the Texas/Big 12 fans in the polling process would temper their "hopes/dreams" and refrain from essentially trash-talking by prematurely annointing them to such a lofty status. After years and years of "egg on their face" with the rediculous predictions of the past, I think they need to be keep it a little low key before bragging anew.

It's not that I don't like the Big 12 or Big 12 fans. I hate the Big 12 fans in the sports media that pretend to be giving an OBJECTIVE (ha-ha) opinion (i.e. Trev Albert). EVERY year Texas and Kansas State have received such lofty preseason rankings that CONSISTENTLY proved to be undeserving (consequently, OU received too much credit for their record by beating them). It's a consistent demonstration of the Big 12 BIAS in the sports media. I really enjoy hearing OBJECTIVE sports opinions, but when they are marred with FANatic over-optimism, it gets tedious. Texas performed great in the Rose Bowl last year. But the way they got the opportunity (the polling fiasco) was another testimony to the currupt process.

I actually think that Texas might be the real deal, FINALLY. I wish them the best. But after failing so miserably in the past (giving the long history of preseason expectations that went consistently flat), I wish the Texas/Big 12 fans in the polling process would temper their "hopes/dreams" and refrain from essentially trash-talking by prematurely annointing them to such a lofty status. After years and years of "egg on their face" with the rediculous predictions of the past, I think they need to be keep it a little low key before bragging anew.

926721[/snapback]

Welcome to the College Football Forum :D

I wish the Texas/Big 12 fans in the polling process would temper their "hopes/dreams" and refrain from essentially trash-talking by prematurely annointing them to such a lofty status. After years and years of "egg on their face" with the rediculous predictions of the past, I think they need to be keep it a little low key before bragging anew.

Well as a Husker fan I'll respond like this.

1. The Huskers will be ranked in the top 15 by the end of the year.

2. The Huskers will play in the Big 12 Championship, and beat Texas in it.

3. The Huskers will play in a BCS game and most likely get beaten in it, but who cares cuz, "WE"RE BACK".

Now I can go back to eating paint chips, thankyou.

It's not that I don't like the Big 12 or Big 12 fans. I hate the Big 12 fans in the sports media that pretend to be giving an OBJECTIVE (ha-ha) opinion (i.e. Trev Albert). EVERY year Texas and Kansas State have received such lofty preseason rankings that CONSISTENTLY proved to be undeserving ...

926721[/snapback]

Check the FINAL rankings for the BIG XII teams since its inception.

I for one do not think a poll should be posted until at least 3-4 games into the season.

And another note , Get Real, with that kind of attitude, you'll have a bunch of Big 12'vers haten' on you all year. Good luck with that one.  :D

1 Southern California

2 Texas

3 Tennessee

4 Michigan

5 Oklahoma

6 LSU

7 Virginia Tech

8 Miami (Fla.)

9 Ohio State

10 Iowa

11 Florida

12 Florida State

13 Georgia

14 Louisville

15 Auburn

16 Purdue

17 Texas A&M

18 Arizona State

19 Boise State

20 California

21 Texas Tech

22 Boston College

23 Virginia

24 Alabama

25 Pittsburgh

For the record, the winner of the Iowa/OSU game takes the Big 10 this year. OU and Michigan will probably be out of the top 10 by seasons end also.

924542[/snapback]

Wow, thats a pretty bold prediction. I dont know whos gonna win the bigten,It could be 1 of 4 teams in my book, Purdue doesnt play Mich, or Ohio St.

The winner of the Iowa purdue game could by fault decide the big ten winner.

The Bigten is loaded, it could be 1 of 4 teams to me.

Purdue,OhioSt,Iowa,MIch

I think everyone of the teams listed will have aleast 1 loss.

Some 2 or more.

Michigan plays at Iowa and Msu, those games worry me the most.

Ohio State would be up there, but since the game is in Ann Arbor, I feel

a little better about it. Could go either way.

Ohio State, tough games, texas,Mich and Iowa. Not sure if they have Iowa home or away. If the Iowa game is in Columbus, the buckeyes could be Undefeated going into the last game.

Iowa, has 3 games that will test them, Mich,OhioSt and Purdue.

I think they have Purdue, and MIchigan at home, which is hugh.

Pudue, has by far the best road to the Bigten title. There only tough games

will be Nd and Iowa. Which I think purdue is at Iowa.

Here is how I see it.

Ohio St 10-1 Lose to Michigan

Iowa 10-1 Lose to Ohio St

MIchigan 9-2 Lose to Iowa and Msu

Pudue 10-1 lose to Iowa

Teams strengths

Ohio St (WOW defense defense and more defense, and some guy name Ginn.

Iowa Mr.Tait and company, and Lb'ers from hell

Mich Should have a balanced offense, with the Rb's running over people.

Purdue Has like there hole team returning from last year

Weakness

Ohio St Need to find a running game, and someone to kick in those close ones.

Iowa Need to fill in the DL and get healthy at Rb

Michigan Needs a defense period.

Purdue Neds to replace Orton.

Wow, thats a pretty bold prediction. I dont know whos gonna win the bigten,It could be 1 of 4 teams in my book, Purdue doesnt play Mich, or Ohio St.

Purdue,OhioSt,Iowa,MIch

Some 2 or more.

Ohio State, tough games, texas,Mich and Iowa. Not sure if they have Iowa home or away. If the Iowa game is in Columbus, the buckeyes could be Undefeated going into the last game.

Here is how I see it.

Iowa 10-1  Lose to Ohio St

Pudue 10-1 lose to Iowa

Teams strengths

Weakness

928848[/snapback]

Purdue always fins a way to lose, ala Wisconsin last year. I think the MSU/UM game is a toss up. If Stanton is healthy and the DB's show up I see MSU winning. I have heard a lot of talk that Braylon Edwards helped make Henne's freshman mistakes into positives/TD's. Ture or not, if UM does not figure out a way to stop a team with a running QB, then I see a loss. But on the flip side MSU's DB need to show up and stop someone. We usually have major injuries by the time the B10 season rolls around so you never know what team you will face in MSU. I like Iowa just because of their home game against UM and their Defense. I agree with your analysis but think that Purdue losses 2 games because as I stated they always find a way.

Purdue,OhioSt,Iowa,MIch

Some 2 or more.

Here is how I see it.

Iowa 10-1  Lose to Ohio St

Pudue 10-1 lose to Iowa

Teams strengths

Weakness

928848[/snapback]

Iowa game is in Columbus.

1 Southern California

2 Texas

3 Tennessee

4 Michigan

5 Oklahoma

6 LSU

7 Virginia Tech

8 Miami (Fla.)

9 Ohio State

10 Iowa

11 Florida

12 Florida State

13 Georgia

14 Louisville

15 Auburn

16 Purdue

17 Texas A&M

18 Arizona State

19 Boise State

20 California

21 Texas Tech

22 Boston College

23 Virginia

24 Alabama

25 Pittsburgh

924542[/snapback]

Chad Henne, Mike Hart... No way in hell OSU takes it... Iowa maybe...

Iowa plays in Columbus, West Lafayette, and Madison. Purdue has the nice schedule and a lot of returning starters. They SHOULD win it, just by virtue of missing both Michigan and Ohio State. There game will be IN Minneapolis, in there Big Ten opener. That might be where they will get snake bitten. Wisconsin will still be tough, and won't be a push over. Minnesota needs to learn to tackle, if they do, they could sneak away with this thing cuz there offense is very good with maroney and that elite o line. Penn State has the opposite problem. They could very well have the best defense in the Big Ten, but can there offense show up?!?

924542[/snapback]

He knows from experience......

By the way nice to see ya again TOS Who......

Cant wait for FB to start. Sooners will lose 1 game again, this year.....gulp to UT, yuck I cant believe I said that!!(Hope I'm wrong)

I cant believe that Mack Brown :D has the balls to go play your guys in their backyard. This move removes all doubt that he is on something, whether it's crack, meth, coke, etc..... hes smokin something!!!!

He knows from experience......

You got that right! I LAUGHED my ass off at the beginning of last season with the REDICULOUS predictions and I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF WHILE PISSING MY PANTS at the end of the season with the MOUNTAINS of PROOF that my original statement (that the BIG 12 is ALWAYS WAY OVERRATED) was correct. Also, my declaration was PUNCTUATED with Oklahoma's HILARIOUS display in the championship (ha-ha) game :D .

Check the FINAL rankings for the BIG XII teams since its inception.

I told you last year.... Do your own homework. NONE of the BIG 12 teams have finished at or above their preseason rankings for the last three or four years.

And overall (back to the biginning of modern times) I'm CERTAIN that the Big 12 has ALWAYS received undeserved preseason hype.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:yay::yay:

OK Get Real.....if you insist on calling everyone and everything RIDICULOUS, maybe you should learn how to spell it. :D

943212[/snapback]

Thank you! Once I can overlook, but 3-4 posts in a row is painful. Biginning also. :D

OK Get Real.....if you insist on calling everyone and everything RIDICULOUS, maybe you should learn how to spell it. :yay:

943212[/snapback]

OOoooooooooo! I'm so embarrassed. I mispelled ridiculous..... like you nudnicks don't mispell any words from time to time.

Therefore, I did a quick search for recent posts that you've made.

Here is one from 8/22/05 in the Fusion Forum under a post entitled "Calling out Skylive 5":

:D.....congrats on the BIG move, Espana! How did the sheep fair in the UHaul? Hope they didn't freak out and go running back to the old digs after you let them out.

fair?????? At least my mistake was definitely a misspelling. Either you don't understand the meaning of the word "fair" or I am afraid for you to be around sheep. Is it like a "fair" ride when you get a little alone time with them. :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:yay::yay::fool::tup:

You must be a redneck hillbilly! :yay::yay::yay:

Edited by Get Real