[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is just sad

Clubfoothead

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...e.11ee65cb.html

Awful news. My wife, daughter and I have a two year tradition that we had hoped would last for at least another 16 years. We will still go to the State Fair every year but looks like going the Friday before the Texas-OU game will come to an end soon. I'm a Michigan fan so I really appreciate big rivalries and this one WAS unique.

Hope they can find a way to keep it a Red River Shootout rather than a home and home thing.

:D

They do need to make a lot of improvments on the Cotton Bowl... If the city of Dallas isnt willing to step up, then UT and OU should play their games elsewhere...

I know that the city of Dallas won't step up... Laura Miller is a complete moron. She makes the cities police officers buy there own uniforms, guns, and kevlar vests... If they want to work a second job, as, say security for something, they have to pay her a percentage of what they make. The city of Dallas is a complete joke.

The problem is they want like $26,000,000.00 worth of work done on the Cotton Bowl. For my tax dollar at least one game isn't wort that.

Sorry but I don't consider the disturbing Al Limscomb Classic to be a real game, simply becasue of who it is named after, the local Marion Berry.

The problem is they want like $26,000,000.00 worth of work done on the Cotton Bowl.  For my tax dollar at least one game isn't wort that. 

Sorry but I don't consider the disturbing Al Limscomb Classic to be a real game, simply becasue of who it is named after, the local Marion Berry.

933627[/snapback]

I grew up in the metroplex (just a note). Dallas has to do something. SBC might go away too. So now the "Cotton Bowl" will be the Cowboy bowl????? Once upon a time the Cotton Bowl was one of the four major bowls, before the Fiesta Bowl came about in the early 70's. The vast majority of the NC games prior to the Fiesta bowl getting in the mix in the early to mid 80's were played in the Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Cotton Bowls........

It would be a real shame to see the Cottonbowl waste away into dust. The Cottonbowl is not just for OU/UT weekend, it has been a staple in College football since TCU won its only NC(1937)..... and it wasnt at the Cotton Bowl it was at the Sugar bowl, lol. To lose almost 70 years of College FB history would be a shame....

JMO!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dallas had the opportunity to get the Cowboys, cement in the Texas/OU game, clean up Fair Park, become a major bowl again, and host a future Super Bowl but the mayor and possibly the city council in all their wisdom didn't want to spend the money on such drivel. Arlington jumped at the chance and will greatly bennefit.