[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Explain Your Login Name!

Shotgun Messiahs

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SM,

You realize you opened up the proverbial bag of chit! :D

#1) G & S's response isn't even valid due to his REAL name! :D

#2) Is zooty even close to a real name? :D

#3) Atomic???? Give me a break! :D Though it might be true. :D

#4) Is VET a real VET? I wanna see credemtials before I bring my puppy to him.

#5) I really think ILS lkes soup!

#5) bustedflush16.......still a newbie...wait-and-see.

#6) Darin3 .......Probly! He has no imagination.

#7) Glabra...........I don't speak greek or latin! :D

#8) Menudo...............Ya gotta be a homo w/ a name like that! Legit! :oldrazz:

#9) yo mama......really just a ghetto man lookin' for attention. :D

There's my anal-is-sys. Anyone else? ::D

it's all about howard cosell, george foreman & smoke'in joe. :D It tooks me quite a while to find the avatar.... but it's the real McCoy.

the fight betwen foreman - frazier in '74 was one of the greatest ever.

Howard Cosell: "I think Joe is hurt. Angie Dundee, Ali's trainer, right next to me, is saying it. You might hear him... Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!"

click on DGF - the 9th. soundbite from the top..... it's absolutely classic !

maybe the best soundbite ever, IMO.

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

Used to be Beer Swilling Miscreant but I shortened it because it bothered me that my post titles were always two lines. I felt like I was taking up too much space. Also like the fact BS carries more than one, pertinent, meaning.

As for the origin of the name, some buddies and I were at a party and were quite drunk and quite loud and we were informed by a not so lovely and apparently not so drunk female party goer that we were a bunch of drunk bad persons. I told her that I resented that remark and that if she were going to refer to me at all that I would appreciate it if she would call me by a more appropriate name. "I'm not a drunk bad person, sweetheart, I prefer the term beer swilling miscreant." It got a bunch of laughs(remember we were really drunk) and people talked about it for days so it sorta stuck.

I was at a comedy club one night and the comic on stage was sipping whiskey.  He made some reference about being nothing but a 'drunken monkey whiskey pimp'.  No idea why, but I was laughing my ass off at that name.  I did have that whole name at some point on here but it was too long and skewed my posts.  For most of my team names I used either Whiskey Pimps or Drunken Monkeys.

935983[/snapback]

:D ...and Juve

Last year I was in an IDP auction league with DMD. We did the draft over the internet in a chat room. David was the auctioneer and he loved saying, "Going, Going, Gone" before a player is sold. After a while it became a lot of typing so he abbreviated it by putting the current bid price followed by 'g', 'gg', and finally, 'ggg.'

I took my defensive player way too early and paid $10 for him. Maybe I burned an early pick, but I wanted to make sure I got a defensive back from the A-list, or as I used to say, a "DBA."

Ever since then, he's been busting my chops about drafting that guy too early and paying too much. Anytime I get excited about something DMD kids me by saying something like, "what's up, did someone just say 10g DBA?"

Zia is the symbol on the state of New Mexico flag. Since I was born there, therefor am a child of NM. 7 was always my # in any sport I have played and is also my favorite number (go figure). I originally had ziachild07, but forgot the password and since that was already taken (by myself), i changed it to ziachild007. Oh that and I am a top secret double agent.

Or a German war tactic, as it translates to "lightning war".

936022[/snapback]

:D

I chose this name for my original fantasy team (and board name) because my team was a terrifying combination of air power followed up by deadly ground pounders ... or so I wanted my opponents to believe.

Was originally SPWAN (my favorite comic book hero). Could not log-in any more with that name so I picked BigTen (conference of the greatest university ever , MSU :D ). No special reason, saw the BigTen logo when I was thinking of a name and wa-la!

Scourge: n. A source of widespread dreadful affliction and devastation such as that caused by pestilence or war.

I was once ranked 5th in the world in the first person shooter Quake by ID Software. I was also ranked in the top 200 in Unreal Tournament.

Back in the hey-day of Quake, I would inflict massive amounts of punnishment on my foes in deathmatch. Someone told me I was the scourge of deathmatch and the name just stuck.

In case you were wondering about my avatar, it is Duke Nukem. Duke 3D was not ranked except on my local gaming network at the time where I was ranked number 1. It is still my favorite video game of all times.

Edited by Scourge

#6) Darin3 .......Probly!  He has no imagination.

936007[/snapback]

I'm actually quite imaginative! Honestly, I didn't know these boards would get so "personal"... I use darin3 (or darin333) for every online login (poker, ebay, etc.) ... Just easier to remember. :D

If I were to "start over", I'd probably go with something like:

Fletch's Fro (I love Fletch!)

Johnny Leftfoot (Old nickname, I am the "foot equivalent" of ambidextrous... soccer thing)

DTTD (Play on words, so to speak... my initials mirrored w/ football reference)

Just to show how long I've been coming here....

When I first started coming to this site, Marty Schottenheimer was still the coach of the Chiefs. Thus, my first username was martyball.

When he left and Gunther got hired, I switched my name to guntherball. Pretty original, huh.

When Dick got hired, I held a contest to determine my new username. After many choice names, Chief Dick was born courtesy of Dr. Rock, whose previous name was darkbust. The reward was a sigline, which I have faithfully carried on to this day. A close second was Dickball, which I believe was from wiegie. Apologies if I am wrong.

I could tell you but you wouldn't give a rattsass.

We had 3 "Bill"s in my graduating class in high school. Since we all hung out together, our friends took to calling us by "Bill" + the first two letters of our last name: BillSC, BillKE and billAY. I was also just refered to as AY and have considered changing my huddle name to that. There are a couple of Bill's on this board and I've been confused with BillyBalata before. So if you ever see an "AY" hanging around, it'll be me.

Edited by billay