[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs v Cardinals tonight

Chief Dick

How did Marcel Shipp look?  Just wondering if he looked good enough to pass up JJ being that JJ fumbled again this week.  I have a 2pm draft today and was considering taking JJ as my 3rd RB.  Just wanting to make sure he is going to be the starter.

940155[/snapback]

Shipp looked good, but I don't think there's much chance of his winning the starting job out of camp. That said, he could see plenty of carries as the season goes on if Arrington sucks it.

As it should be Chief, I hope so with the off season moves, but be warned, your boys are in for a good ole fashioned behind the shed lesson when you come to our park on the 26th of September.

940177[/snapback]

:D:D:D

How did the Priest look?  8 car. / 16 yds.  Was the line not blocking well for him?  I saw one of his runs and it didn't look like he was running hard.  Did he have any burst?

940156[/snapback]

Priest looks healthy to me. He had no holes to run through last night.

As it should be Chief, I hope so with the off season moves, but be warned, your boys are in for a good ole fashioned behind the shed lesson when you come to our park on the 26th of September.  Your boy Priest may just get rolled up AGAIN.  We'll see.

What did you tell me earlier, the Chefs are going to kick some Bronco ass??  or something to that affect??

Care to place your BBQ where your mouth is?  A couple dozen ribs or the like??  Let me know and we can set up the arrangements.

Oh, yeah, and the Seahawks SUCK!!!

940177[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind a little wager. A couple dozen slabs of ribs would cost about $250, and my wife would absolutely kill me if I lost that bet. :D

I would be willing to put up one slab of Gates ribs and some of their classic sauce. That's about $30 with shipping. Let me know what your end would be.

Edit to add: "We want the ball and we're going to score." :D

Edited by Chief Dick

I wouldn't mind a little wager. A couple dozen slabs of ribs would cost about $250, and my wife would absolutely kill me if I lost that bet.  :D

I would be willing to put up one slab of Gates ribs and some of their classic sauce. That's about $30 with shipping. Let me know what your end would be.

Edit to add: "We want the ball and we're going to score."  :D

940240[/snapback]

Yup, you're right. After an all-nighter of NL Holdem, the winnings and my words seem to be slipping. :D I really meant a slab or two as in a couple. :doah:

We REALLY like Corky's out of Memphis. I'd be willing to put up 2 of their best plus sauce for 2 of KC's best.

Yup, you're right.  After an all-nighter of NL Holdem, the winnings and my words seem to be slipping.  :D  I really meant a slab or two as in a couple.  :doah:

We REALLY like Corky's out of Memphis.  I'd be willing to put up 2 of their best plus sauce for 2 of KC's best.

940266[/snapback]

Sounds good.

:D

The Cardinals looked rough last nite. KC's defense was very quick, and blitzed alot, causing Warner to take on the appearance of a deer in the headlights way too much. Penalties killed Arizona while the 1st teamers played leading to all of KC's points (10), and taking away a 40 yard TD pass to Boldin.

Arrington looked more comfortable last night (even with 2 OL starters not playing - again), but fumbled not once, but twice (one turnover). Thats 3 times in two games. Hope this isn't an indication. Marcel Shipp looked good in garbage time, ran hard, lots of yards after first contact. If Arrington continues his fumbling ways, Shipp could see alot more playing time (Shipp is not a fumbler).

Fitz was a non-factor (see KC blitz), Boldin and Johnson saw most of Warners passes. Priest looked strong when he had room to run. Arizona shut him down at the line on half his carries. He got to the outside several times, showing speed and running through arm tackles. Samie Parker was pretty impressive as well. I'll be moving him up on my WR rankings. Larry Johnson was a beast. Granted saw most of his time against the Cards' 2nd string, but he's one hard-nosed runner.

The defensive penalties on Arizona's "D", made it difficult to gauge how well they actually played, as well as how good KC's offense really performed. Considering KC was one of the top offensive teams in the NFL last season (and should be this year), Arizona held their own.

KC's defense was flying all over the field. The blitzes from the corners really wreaked havoc on Warner and the Cards offense, leading to a sub-par outing. Hopefully the pressure will end up being a good thing for Arizona cuz I'm sure Denny Green will work on it at practice.

The defensive penalties on Arizona's "D", made it difficult to gauge how well they actually played, as well as how good KC's offense really performed. Considering KC was one of the top offensive teams in the NFL last season (and should be this year), Arizona held their own.

KC's defense was flying all over the field. The blitzes from the corners really wreaked havoc on Warner and the Cards offense, leading to a sub-par outing. Hopefully the pressure will end up being a good thing for Arizona cuz I'm sure Denny Green will work on it at practice.

940296[/snapback]

Thanks Fenokee! Appreciate the info. This is good news in my eyes. Don't know if you caught the Broncos game (granted it was against the 9'ers) but the Denver D was pure power and they brought the swarm. Should be a GREAT matchup against the Chiefs. The Broncos O will pound it down their throat. Reminds me of years gone by..... :D

Can't wait! :D:D:D

Edited again: to say the AFC West is going to be absolutely brutal this year. By far the best match ups to watch. Most didn't give any credence to Denver because most didn't think the D would be any different. I know I'm a homer, but you heard it here first, they are MUCH improved from last year. The Ohio twins may just pan out and Ian Gold is back!

Edited by Turf Smurf

Samie Parker was pretty impressive as well. I'll be moving him up on my WR rankings.

940296[/snapback]

Any KC insiders know what the chances are of Parker passing the old and oft-inconsistent Kennison on the depth chart? (I'm assuming slim-to-none, but I've been hearing good things all offseason)

Any KC insiders know what the chances are of Parker passing the old and oft-inconsistent Kennison on the depth chart? (I'm assuming slim-to-none, but I've been hearing good things all offseason)

940419[/snapback]

I'm not a K.C. insider, but having watched the game it is clear that Parker is definitely heavily in the Chiefs game plan, and first on the depth chart or not figures to have just as good a chance as Kennison to be second in the team in receptions behind Gonzo.

940419[/snapback]

parker doesn't have to pass kennison. he is the starter on the opposite side. i'm thinking he will have very nice numbers this yr. nothing spectacular, but 900 yds, a handful of t.d.'s and perhaps 60-70 recepts. good numbers for a number 3 wr on your team.

anybody else have a report on someone else i'm interested on the chiefs. kris wilson te?? how did he look? did he have any receptions??

Oh, the thoughtful wisdom that flows from you!!!  :D  All we're trying to tell you is that the way you operate makes you a tool.  :D  If your uber-childish remarks continue, you will indeed hear more about it from me and others. 

Seriously, grow up & play nice. 

Oh, and the Seahawks suck.

940157[/snapback]

Your a hypocrit you operate the same way along with almost every other huddler. But I dont say crap remarks to peoples posts for no reason. Sure I said The Cardinals are gonna do bad I have every reason to beleive so their starting QB is Kurt Warner! I mean come on. They are the same team as last year to me. I dont mind if I hear crap from you guys but then I'll just say some more smart ass remarks that get you pissed off. And By the way You and I both know the Seahawks dont suck. I'm willing to bet anyone hear 500 dollars the Hawks win the division.

chiefdick, beaumont, bueller.....anyone??  report on kris wilson??

940810[/snapback]

Wilson hasn't done diddly in either preseason game. Not sure why; he's apparantly "good to go"...

Did you just hear Peterson throw Tynes under the bus?  He basically just fired him on the air.  Now that's tough love.

939766[/snapback]

I heard it and hoped his mamma didn't!

Good Lord!

"Yeah, that's too bad; We've been looking for kicking competition for a couple of weeks now. I was hoping he'd be able to but Lawrence just isn't getting it done."

That offensive line has a lot of work to do. Do you guys think that they will get it done this season? If they can't do anything, Warner won't be able to pass and Arrington (who I love) won't be able to run no matter how shifty he is.

941244[/snapback]

I thought the OL did well under constant blitzing...

Arizona also had 2 starting OL scratched for the game. They lined up without a TE quite a bit (3 WRs, FB, RB) as well. Tunnel vision tends to set in when I watch plays, as I focus in on a player i.e., Warner running for his life, so I cant tell you if the backfield is picking up the blitz in a satisfactory manner.

It'll be interesting to see how Green handles this.