[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Davis to the Pats

GTKeeper

Sucks to be a Browns fan.  Ouch.

941651[/snapback]

I hope you don't mean because of losing Davis. There's way more wrong to be worrying about. The WRs were our deepest position. The kid was expendable as soon as we signed Edwards. Bryant's been awesome in practice and pre-season games. Davis' only real contributions were to be his punt/kick returning duties. Then up stepped the rookie from Kent State, Josh Cribbs who's got 4 30+ yard returns so far in two games. I wish Davis the best as he's got some talent. He just was the odd man out here.

Edited by loaf

I like Davis, but he now mucks up the WR pic in NE even more: Branch, Givens, Terrell, Bethel, Davis, Dwight had a nice game the other night.....stay far away. :D

I hope you don't mean because of losing Davis.

941680[/snapback]

Not so much losing Davis but because Bryant is now yer #1. Bryant has a ton of talent but is not a #1 yet and he will get frustrated and lose focus since he is not ready for the role he is in now. He always looks good in the pre-season. I wish him the best and he has a $hit load of talent he just can't keep his head striaght.

Not so much losing Davis but  because Bryant is now yer #1.  Bryant has a ton of talent but is not a #1 yet and he will get frustrated and lose focus since he is not ready for the role he is in now.  He always looks good in the pre-season.  I wish him the best and he has a $hit load of talent he just can't keep his head striaght.

941693[/snapback]

psshh...he better be ready...he's been in the league, what? 4 years now?....

yuup...when he was a #2..and you can't even compare the 2 being a dallas fan hehe....Bryant isn't the #1 also and Bryant was a 2nd rounder...

941758[/snapback]

So Northcutt is the #1, Bryant the #2 and Edwards the #3?

I like Davis a lot more now, at least.

Indeed, makes things even more interesting as far as the Patriots receivers.

A good trade (I had this thought even before they aquired Davis), after the TO issues and the injury to Pinkston, might be to work something out with the Eagles and trade them David Givens.

Givens reluctanlty signed the 1 year deal that was on the table, I think he was a restricted FA and someone would have had to give the Pats 2 #1's if they signed him, which wasn't going to happen.

He might be gone after this year, and if something makes sense as far as value in return, why not if they are comfortable with Terrell, Dwight, Davis, etc.

From the Boston Herald today (before the trade), on how the roster is shaping up for WRs.......

Receiver

Locks: Deion Branch, David Givens, Troy Brown, David Terrell.

Still battling: Tim Dwight, P.K. Sam, Bethel Johnson.

Gone: Jason Anderson, Bam Childress, Cedric James.

Comments: If the season started today Dwight would be in. He might be in either way, because the Pats are once again experiencing fragility at the position. Sam, Terrell and Johnson have yet to be cleared to play. Johnson is eligible to begin the year on PUP while Sam has fallen behind the pack for the second straight year. No one knows how patient the Pats will be in waiting for him to enter the fray. The only way for all three bubble boys to make it is if the Pats carry six receivers, which they did in 2004, and Johnson stays on PUP.

Edited by charty

So Northcutt is the #1, Bryant the #2 and Edwards the #3?

I like Davis a lot more now, at least.

941774[/snapback]

Edwards is the #1...and you like Davis on the Pat's?....with T Dwight, Bethel Johnson, Branch, D terrell and Givens?...

Edited by Avernus

Edwards is obviously a big part of the Browns' future, but it won't surprise me a bit if Northcutt is the leading receiver for Cleveland this year. Like someone said, the guy is always underrated. In fact, the Browns considered Davis expendable in large part because they like Northcutt so much.

Excerpt from an 8/19 article in the Plain Dealer:

Even coach Romeo Crennel said Wednesday that Edwards will be hard-pressed to beat out Northcutt anytime soon.

Asked if he thought Northcutt would give Edwards a good run for his money for the starting job, Crennel said, "I think you have that backwards. He doesn't have to give Braylon a run for his money. Braylon has to do the running, because Dennis is the starter and Braylon has to catch up. That's just the way it is. He's been here, he's done it and it's his job until somebody else can beat him out."

Crennel, who was here during Northcutt's rookie year in 2000, has raved about Northcutt all camp.

"He came to camp ready to go and he hasn't missed a beat," Crennel said. "He has quickness, he has savvy, he's a punt returner, he runs excellent routes and he catches the ball."

Quarterback Trent Dilfer also has developed chemistry with the six-year veteran. "There's no doubt in my mind he's a starter in this league," Dilfer said. "He's somebody you can count on to make the tough catch. He reminds me of Bobby Engram, who I played with in Seattle."

Not suggesting that Northcutt should be drafted ahead of Edwards or Bryant--just that he's a guy who can be had for cheap who could do some nice things this year.

I like Davis, but he now mucks up the WR pic in NE even more: Branch, Givens, Terrell, Bethel, Davis, Dwight had a nice game the other night.....stay far away. :D

941685[/snapback]

Could make Brady look better though.

Not so much losing Davis but  because Bryant is now yer #1.  Bryant has a ton of talent but is not a #1 yet and he will get frustrated and lose focus since he is not ready for the role he is in now.  He always looks good in the pre-season.  I wish him the best and he has a $hit load of talent he just can't keep his head striaght.

941693[/snapback]

You're right. Our dreams of winning a Super Bowl this year just went down the toilet. :D Obviously, Bryant is only the #1 WR until BE is ready to take over. Just like Frye will take over for Dilfer at some point. We're basically starting from scratch (again).

I am extremely high on Antonio Bryant this year having drafted him in BOTH my leagues this weekend. This is just more news that make me smile.

I'd also like Reche Caldwell and Reggie Williams to blossom a little this year, Eric Moulds (Round 11) be productive and then I'll be in good shape at the receiver position.