[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade: Ramsey for Kearse, Pierce & Dawkins

redman

Here are the guys on my roster who are pertinent:

Campbell, Jason WAS QB

Detmer, Koy PHI QB

Holcomb, Kelly BUF QB

McMahon, Mike PHI QB

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB

Walter, Andrew OAK QB

Geathers, Robert CIN DE

Kearse, Jevon PHI DE

Thomas, Bryan NYJ DE

Tuck, Justin NYG DE

Udeze, Kenechi MIN DE

Arrington, Lavar WAS LB

Crowder, Channing MIA LB

Emmons, Carlos NYG LB

Henderson, E.J. MIN LB

June, Cato IND LB - 8 FA

Koutouvides, Niko SEA LB

Pierce, Antonio NYG LB

Washington, Marcus WAS LB

Dawkins, Brian PHI S

Griffith, Robert ARI S

Sanders, James NEP S

Smith, Dwight NOS S

Williams, Madieu CIN S

Wilson, Jerry SDC S

We have to start 2 DE's, 3-4 LB's, and 4-5 DB's, but no more than 3 CB's or S's at one time. In other words, we allow a "nickel" defense, so the safety position can be important. Standard defensive scoring.

We haven't done final cut down of our rosters yet. If this trade goes through, I'll dump Holcomb and maybe Detmer too; Campbell is already relegated to the practice squad. I happen to have confidence in Ramsey to break out and do well this year.

Does this trade make sense for me? TIA.

I wouldn't do it for several reasons.

1. Ramsey is not assured to be the starter for the whole year. So although you do still have Campbell, you could essentially be trading starters for a back up.

2. Antonio Pierce should have a great year as the starting MLB for the G-Men. In fact most rankings I have seen have at least had him in the top 15.

So personally I dont see the benefit if trading a top 15 LB, a decent DE and a DB for a player that may not even help you when you need it, especially given that your LBs have some question marks. I am not saying 100% do not trade Pierce, but I think you could probably get a little better value for him if you shopped him around. Just my $.02.

I agree with Z, redman. That is just too steep a price for an iffy bye week QB. Since you have the Philly QB's all locked up, this is just for a bye week, right? Someone would have to give me a David Carr for these 3 D players. Someone I might actually use if McNabb got hurt. Way too much to pay for a bye week QB that hasn't done squat in the NFL yet, never mind the fact that Gibbs doesn't like him much.

I'm thinking about countering with a request for a 3rd rounder thrown in to me. That will certainly enable me to snag a quality LB next year.

I forgot two details.

1) it's a 14-team league; dunno if that matters;

2) I also have Steelers LB Rian Wallace on my practice squad.

Again, after watching the 'Skins closely, I have faith that Ramsey will blossom this year. Forget the preseason stats to date; they're clearly working him on downfield passing and I like what I'm seeing. I may wait until I see tonight's game vs. the Steelers to get an inkling as to whether his progress is as it should be.

Well, don't let homerism cloud your judgement..... I would approach any deal for Ramsey with fireproof gloves on. You should know better than anyone what sort of year he might have, but frankly, besides Cooley, I don't like his targets, either. Pierce could be very good for a very long time. That MLB spot in Coughlin's D is a point scoring spot.

For that sort of talent, I would be looking for a QB that was.... in a less vulnerable position. If the Redskins season goes south, Ramsey will be the first one with his head on the chopping block. That is my opinion on it.... to steep a price for a QB that might not even start by the time your bye week comes up.

Well, don't let homerism cloud your judgement..... I would approach any deal for Ramsey with fireproof gloves on. You should know better than anyone what sort of year he might have, but frankly, besides Cooley, I don't like his targets, either. Pierce could be very good for a very long time. That MLB spot in Coughlin's D is a point scoring spot.

For that sort of talent, I would be looking for a QB that was.... in a less vulnerable position. If the Redskins season goes south, Ramsey will be the first one with his head on the chopping block. That is my opinion on it.... to steep a price for a QB that might not even start by the time your bye week comes up.

950206[/snapback]

I acknowledge that that's the danger here. I'm going to think on this one a little more.

red, this guy knows you need anothe QB. You have to play him some. He is trying to hold you up, but that is a finger in his pocket, not a gun. Let it be known you are fielding other offers for a QB. And do just that. Put some feelers out. I realise that a 14 team league doesnt have QB's growing on trees. Get a Rattay for Kearse instead. let his other guy sweat, and come down to some reasonable value exchange. You still have plenty of time here. bide it.