[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MATT LEINART POLL

Randall

Yes or no  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• Yes, he loves college and wants to win nother title.
    • No, he is risking too much.

Is he smart for returning to USC. According to Coach Caroll he loves college and wants to win another title.

On the minus side he could lose a lot of money if injured and if he has a bad year could drop significantly in next year's draft.

He's insured if he gets hurt. Read the article in that ESPN rag.

Supposedly, he's using this an an opportunity to have a year of nothing but training for the NFL and trying to win another title. Sounds like Carroll is letting him do all sorts of pro stuff from audible $hit to film breakdown of NFL defenses. That team is still pretty loaded with talent in the offense and has a kush schedule. And with just a class in ballroom dancing he can then, in theory, stop worring about his grades so much and focus on getting even better.

Plus, he's THE bmoc at USC with a hot girlfriend.

A part of me would rather be Leinart right now than win the lottery tomorrow night.

How would he improve his draft spot?  He would have been number 1 in April's draft?

950267[/snapback]

Maybe not - his elbow and hernia were hampering him, and could've hurt his combine performance to the point of falling to the middle of Rd 1, which would've been embarrassing for the HT/Orange Bowl winner. And probably cost him money.

But like others have said, it wasn't all about the money. We're mostly 30-40ish working stiffs who have forgotten what the (relatively) carefree college days were like. And we didn't even have nearly as much fun there as he is having..

I think that his value pretty much maxed out last year, so one could argue that it may be financially unwise for him to stay in college for another year... especially if he suffers an injury.

Leinart's decision to not enter the NFL draft this year may be good news for the Bears, though. I'm sure that they'll suck badly enough this season to get a high pick in next year's draft.

Maybe not - his elbow and hernia were hampering him, and could've hurt his combine performance to the point of falling to the middle of Rd 1, which would've been embarrassing for the HT/Orange Bowl winner.  And probably cost him money. 

But like others have said, it wasn't all about the money.  We're mostly 30-40ish working stiffs who have forgotten what the (relatively) carefree college days were like.  And we didn't even have nearly as much fun there as he is having..

950284[/snapback]

what??? He'd have been the #1 pick FOR SURE.

I think that his value pretty much maxed out last year, so one could argue that it may be financially unwise for him to stay in college for another year... especially if he suffers an injury.

Leinart's decision to not enter the NFL draft this year may be good news for the Bears, though.  I'm sure that they'll suck badly enough this season to get a high pick in next year's draft.

950286[/snapback]

Good point.

Shhh don't tell RR or the other Bears fans. :D

Even if he blows out an elbow or shoulder, the insurance policy should have him darn near set for life.

Although the "hot girlfriend" factor is a bit misleading - yeah, she's smokin' but he should kick her to the curb and bang all that prime SC tail like a screen door in a hurricane.

So, let's see:

- highest-profile player in college ball

- ONE pud class to be completed

- another year of being the best player on the best team, as opposed to getting pummeled by large angry men who want to hurt you behind San Fran or Chicago's OL

- hangin' in LA with celebs - beats being a bench guy (or getting pummelled as above) in Buffalo or Green Bay or Kansas City

- financially set no matter what happens

...hmmm, I think I totally agree with Club.

950286[/snapback]

He's got enough insurance to be set for life. Combine that with the easy USC schedule, the opportunity to study uner a quasi NFL scheme for a year, the offensive talent returning to USC, the chicks and the weather and I'm not sure what he's got to lose.

I'd have stayed if I were him.