[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pick your National Champion

theeohiostate

Virginia Tech or Ohio State .

I'm a Miami fan, but I am a realist. The defense should be killer, but the season will be dictated by the QB play. Time will tell. I hope for the best, but I refuse to act like a Big 12 fan. I'll speak OBJECTIVELY.

OSU looked tight, but watch out for Iowa.

I like Virginia Tech's defense, but I'm not sold on "Marcus" Vick, yet. I gotta see him first.

USC's schedule looks WEAK! They will walk through an easy undefeated season, but they WILL lose inthe NC.

Edited by Get Real

The Buckeye's will win the NC of course. Ginn is unstoppable, and their "D" is incredible. They'll take Texas out of the running next weekend. Notre Dame will bring Michigan fans back to reality. USC is way overrated. But Ohio State will have to run the table to do it. Because if the pollsters can find some twisted logic for awarding it to a Florida team (or USC); they will. JMO.

The Buckeye's will win the NC of course. Ginn is unstoppable, and their "D" is incredible. They'll take Texas out of the running next weekend. Notre Dame will bring Michigan fans back to reality. USC is way overrated. But Ohio State will have to run the table to do it. Because if the pollsters can find some twisted logic for awarding it to a Florida team (or USC); they will. JMO.

966236[/snapback]

The Buckeye's won't 'win' anything though they may be elected to be the champs.

The Buckeye's won't 'win' anything though they may be elected to be the champs.

967328[/snapback]

Of couse they'll win it G & S. If they don't "win anything", they won't be elected. When President's are elected, they win the election. You're splitting hairs for no apparent reason.

USC's schedule isn't weak. USC, as one of the few top teams that doesn't schedule a complete patsy or two during the nonconference schedule, has a solid all-around schedule. USC does lack a top-10 opponent. Notre Dame could be that opponent if it beats Michigan. However, USC probably will play at least four teams ranked in the top 25. And Get Real, did you pay any attention to last year's Orange Bowl? How about the Rose Bowl the previous year or the Orange Bowl in 2002? If so, you would have learned that if you give Pete Carroll a month to prepare for an opponent, USC will win handily. USC will not lose in the Rose Bowl. If USC loses, it will be before then.

By the way, future USC schedules include Nebraska and Ohio State.

979716[/snapback]

What are you smoking. Give Chow a month to prepare and USC will win, Carroll Im not so sure. Playing the soft Pac-10 is an easy task, beating Notre Dame may not be. If USC played in the SEC or Big 10, they may play 4 teams deserved to be ranked in the top 25. The Pac-10 doesnt have any team outside of SC that deserves to be ranked. Notre Dame is the only game on their schedule that they should have any trouble with, and Im predicting an Irish win

USC won handily last yr because OU self destructed and Chow made them pay for every mistake and it snow ballled, that game could have just as easy been 30 pts the other way if the same bounces fell the other way. USC wasnt that superior to OU or Auburn.

My National Champ pick is whoever wins the SEC and beats USC in the Rose Bowl.

Edited by Clark Griswold

Chow's contributions are overrated, and Carroll's underrated, by many. If Pac-10 teams are weak, why was it that three Pac-10 teams played USC close last year and Oklahoma got spanked? I'll say it now, if USC loses a game this year it will be to a Pac-10 team.

980794[/snapback]

You really are an idiot aren't you. Lets just see if USC goes undefeated without Chow with more talent than any team in the country this year, compared to last yr and 2002.

I seem to recall the 4th best team in the Big 12, Tech, thrash Cal. I said it once I'll say it again, the BCS title game was not an indication of strength of either of those 2 teams. USC was given short fields repeatedly and they took advanatage. OU pressed, and it snowballed. Which was very uncharacteristic. What seems more logical after watching both games, Cal got spanked or OU gave the game away in the first half. Im no Big 12 homer, but lets get real, watching both games its easy to see Cal wasnt that good, and USC wasnt nearly as good as the final score indicated.

BTW, aren't the odds kinda in your favor. USC plays what 8 Pac 10 games and 4 patsies b4 Pac 10 play, and only Notre Dame on the road worth a darn. The Rose Bowl will be a home game, so they should be favored. :D Forgive me I'm not that impressed with this so called 3- pete. LSU was the best team in 2002 and have the BCS title game Championship to show for it, while USC beat a weak Michigan team at home in the Rose Bowl. Michigan wasnt playing for a title game like LSU and OU and USC were. And last yr Auburn was also undefeated, and who knows what woulda happened if they actually played. So there was serious doubt USC was the best team either season. This season they are head and shoulders the best team talent wise, but will they get it done. I don't think so.

Edited by Clark Griswold

hmm.

Galt, John

ADVERTISEMENT

1779—1839, Scottish novelist. He went to Canada as secretary for the Canada Company, founding there in 1827 the town of Guelph and encouraging Canadian immigration. He wrote poems, blank-verse tragedies, and travel books, but he is known chiefly for his novels of Scottish country life, notably The Ayrshire Legatees (1821), Annals of the Parish (1821), and The Entail (1823). While traveling on the Continent as a young man, he made the acquaintance of Lord Byron, of whom he wrote a biography that appeared in 1830.

Like I said, who cares who John Galt is. And Im sure your momma named you John Galt as well, and who cares who you are.

Of Course USC had something to do with that, Im not denying that, but Im just as defiant about the lost the game as you are they were spanked in the game. I think the true outcome was somewhere in between. Anyway I dont care really about last yr. I just think you are an idiot. And you have convinced me of as much.

No, that is not the literary John Galt to which I am referring. You see, that is a real John Galt. A literary reference appears in literature. You're welcome for the lesson. And John Galt is not my name.

981018[/snapback]

So your not John Galt, but your handle is that of a literary reference. Now you hve really convinced me you are an idiot, and a F*ckin geek as well.

I'm totally aware that USC is going to missing a lot of weapons next year, but you haven't seen Neb O-line either. It probably won't be much better next year, but we already have a couple of good o-line recruits this year. So here's to hoping that they'll be ready in 2 years.

The defense is the bright spot right now. Neb has 5 tds this year, the def has 3 of them.

You fail to get it.  USC didnt beat OU, OU beat OU.  Once you realize that, you will get my point.   

And I call you an idiot, because your sigline says Who is John Galt.  A better question would be who cares.

980949[/snapback]

hmm.

Galt, John

ADVERTISEMENT

1779—1839, Scottish novelist. He went to Canada as secretary for the Canada Company, founding there in 1827 the town of Guelph and encouraging Canadian immigration. He wrote poems, blank-verse tragedies, and travel books, but he is known chiefly for his novels of Scottish country life, notably The Ayrshire Legatees (1821), Annals of the Parish (1821), and The Entail (1823). While traveling on the Continent as a young man, he made the acquaintance of Lord Byron, of whom he wrote a biography that appeared in 1830.

Like I said, who cares who John Galt is.  And Im sure your momma named you John Galt as well, and who cares who you are.

Of Course USC had something to do with that, Im not denying that, but Im just as defiant about the lost the game as you are they were spanked in the game.  I think the true outcome was somewhere in between.  Anyway I dont care really about last yr.  I just think you are an idiot.  And you have convinced me of as much.

980993[/snapback]

Jeez girls...stop yer man-love babble. Go hijack someone else's thread.

• 4 months later...
Don't count out Oklahoma either... they lost a lot, but I still say, they will get addition by subtraction losing ole Buckle Knees White. He was a liability against anybody with super speed on defense (LSU and USC) And the Big 12 still looks like TCTMOLG (The conference that makes Oklahoma look Good)

953739[/snapback]

Guess I read this wrong then....

You fail to get it.  USC didnt beat OU, OU beat OU.  Once you realize that, you will get my point.   

And I call you an idiot, because your sigline says Who is John Galt.  A better question would be who cares.

980949[/snapback]

OU beat OU .... I love it :D ! Typical Sooner fan :D ! They got OWNED by both USC and UCLA in consecutive years! Call it what it is :D ..... Domination by the Pac-10 ... again!

OU beat OU .... I love it :D ! Typical Sooner fan :D ! They got OWNED by both USC and UCLA in consecutive years! Call it what it is  :D ..... Domination by the Pac-10 ... again!

1277751[/snapback]

Didnt OU just whip Oregon in the Holiday Bowl. Yes I think they did. and didnt Texas just spank SC's lil ass. Sorry punk ass, But the big 2 in the Big 12 just beat the Big 2 in the Puke -10.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I wouldn't say that was predicting Oklahoma as the national champion. I figured they might have the chance to maybe pull an upset over Texas, and run through the rest of the conference (which they almost did). My officialy prediction was rather boring, as I slated Southern Cal to win it all. Obviously my dream was Iowa winning it all, but it took the defensive line almost 3/4 of the season to finally gel, and the offense never found away to stick the dagger in teams (ex. Michigan and Northwestern) I never thought in a million years the clones would whoop us. I haven't been that disappointed in an Iowa performance in a very long time. Probably not since losing to Wisconsin and Northwestern in 1997, with the Big Tens leading rusher. I didn't really expect to get out of the shoe with a win, especially with Ohio State no doubt having revenge on there mind after Iowa throttled them in Iowa City in 04'. Then like I said, we couldn't put Michigan away, and couldn't put Northwestern away. We shut Brian Calhoun down something only Penn State was able to do besides us, and then NO ONE but Iowa was able to slow the Minnesota offense down, and Iowa murdered them. And well... Iowa decided to show up to the party rather late against the Gators. Very disappointing season. Most disappointing since 1997. 98' 99' and 00' are the forgotten years for Iowa football.

Chow's contributions are overrated, and Carroll's underrated, by many. If Pac-10 teams are weak, why was it that three Pac-10 teams played USC close last year and Oklahoma got spanked? I'll say it now, if USC loses a game this year it will be to a Pac-10 team.

980794[/snapback]

Guess you were just wrong again, huh... :D