[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Anderson goes all the way.

Randall

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liking the sacks on Manning though...

952045[/snapback]

Was Manning mad at his back/linemen or at himself for not picking up that corner blitz? As he walked off, he looked like he was calling someone out. But I certainly didn't see him point out the blitzer.

Was Manning mad at his back/linemen or at himself for not picking up that corner blitz? As he walked off, he looked like he was calling someone out. But I certainly didn't see him point out the blitzer.

952048[/snapback]

no, that was on him. the back was on the other side of the blitz, he couldn't have done anything. Manning didn't see it coming at all

Edited by CaptainHook

For those of us who still have drafts coming up, it may be time to ask ourselves if Chad Johnson and Javon Walker are really better picks than Wayne.

I wouldn't have even considered that a week ago, and I realize that it's only the preseason, but the Bengals and the Packers obviously have some issues.

BTW, I still wouldn't hesitate to take Harrison during the second round.

For those of us who still have drafts coming up, it may be time to ask ourselves if Chad Johnson and Javon Walker are really better picks than Wayne.

I wouldn't have even considered that a week ago, and I realize that it's only the preseason, but the Bengals and the Packers obviously have some issues.

BTW, I still wouldn't hesitate to take Harrison during the second round.

952093[/snapback]

True but Walker and Chad are starters. That may not matter with the Colts.

Harrison may be available after Chad though. He has been going somewhat late.

True but Walker and Chad are starters.

952136[/snapback]

I am assuming you mean #1's and not "starters". The Colts have two #1 WR and Wayne will show it this year. In my league last year Harrison was 3 and Wayne was 7. I could see it being Harrison and Wayne at 4 and 5 this year.

Edited by CaptainHook

Article Last Updated: 8/28/2005 12:13 AM

broncos

Anderson takes hold of No. 1 tailback job

By Bill Williamson

Denver Post Staff Writer

DenverPost.com

On Aug. 27, 2004, Mike Anderson was taken into the Broncos' locker room on a cart. Tests revealed the worst; Anderson received news that could end a nearly 31-year-old running back's NFL career.

His season was over after he tore two groin muscles.

Saturday night, Anderson spent the anniversary of that potentially career-ending night by essentially securing the No. 1 tailback job with the Broncos.

Anderson, who will turn 32 on Sept. 21, was the offensive story of the game for the Broncos as he ran for 159 yards on 13 carries in Denver's 37-24 victory over the Indianapolis Colts at Invesco Field at Mile High.

After the game, he didn't have to be reminded of the date.

"I've thought about it," Anderson said. "It puts it all in perspective. I knew I was going to come back, even when I was carried off the field. But for this to happen tonight, it's a nice feeling. It really is. It all could have been over, but it's not."

The highlight of the night was a 93-yard run on which Anderson more than proved he has the breakaway speed to be a No. 1 tailback in the NFL.

"It was real nice to see Mike make a big play like that," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said. "It's very seldom you see a back in the National Football League break for 93 yards, and to see Mike do that was pretty impressive."

Anderson's regular-season career- best carry of 80 yards took place as a rookie, when he came out of nowhere to gain 1,487 yards and win the NFL's offensive rookie of the year award.

The former Marine is coming out of nowhere again, five years later.

Anderson emerged as the No. 1 tailback going into training camp after an impressive offseason workout program. Still, the general consensus was second-year pro Tatum Bell would emerge as the top tailback.

However, Anderson's performance Saturday night probably will all but sew up the job for him. It's highly likely he will be the starting tailback when the Broncos open the season at Miami on Sept. 11.

He'll likely sit out with the majority of the Broncos' starters in the preseason finale Friday at Arizona.

"Mike was awesome tonight," said Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer, who has been supportive of Anderson throughout training camp. "He's done a great job all camp."

Anderson has outplayed Bell in the training camp and in the preseason games.

Still, Anderson is not allowing himself to celebrate a job won.

"I can't think about it," Anderson said.

Shanahan said Anderson's play Saturday night was a payoff from a long rehabilitation process.

"I really had a chance to watch Mike in the offseason program, so you get a chance to evaluate a guy on a day-to-day basis," Shanahan said. "We really felt that Mike was in great shape, and we had no question in our minds that he was completely healthy."

Saturday night was celebration of his health.

"Tonight was a lot better than this time last year," Anderson said. "A lot better."

I have been telling anyone who will listen to draft Wayne this year.  He is gonna have a monster year.  He's a free agent next year. . .

951979[/snapback]

Wayne will be the #1 FF WR on the Colts. By passing Marvin this yr. :D:D

BTW, Denver was starting two rookie corner's in that game as well. Didn't see anyone mention the injuries on Denver's side. And yeah, Anderson will be the back and carry the load this year. I totally missed this one. Bell is going to ride the pine.

It also looks like I missed the TE prediction as well. Puzier is in on 2 TE sets. Looks like he's the #2 TE.

I drafted Andersen somewhere between the 8th and 10th rounds yesterday in one of my local leagues.  I was pretty hammered so I'll have to check my sheet.

954319[/snapback]

I picked him at 10.4. :D One of my buddies kept insisting that Bell was the starter. :D These guys all used cheat sheets from ESPN. :D Man I cleaned house on these chumps. :D

I picked him at 10.4. :D One of my buddies kept insisting that Bell was the starter. :D These guys all used cheat sheets from ESPN. :D Man I cleaned house on these chumps. :D

954426[/snapback]

While I didn't draft Anderson, my week 1 opponent in my main league drafted Bell in the 2nd round, touting how he was "the man" in Denver this season. :D

Gotta love trash talking rookies. All he has at RB is Priest, Bell, and Staley. :doah: