[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Latest on Marshall Faulk's Role

Lucky Jack

Martz has said he wants Faulk on the field as much as possible. That will mean 2-back sets, Faulk as a split-wide receiver, slot receiver, 3rd down single back, and who knows what else.

In terms of carries per game, I would say 5-8 carries a game. Probably 30 yards per game. Receptions-wise, I think he's valuable. If you're in a league that gives you a point per reception, he's a borderline starter, definite solid bye week filler. He'll probably net you 4-5 receptions a game, at bare minimum. That could translate into 40-50 receiving yards per game.

Of course, Martz is nuts and he could just be blowing smoke up the collective a$$es of us fantasy footballers.

i'm actually really interested to see how the rams utilize faulk with jackson this year. i think what darin said is right on, and if that's how they use him i think they could really give defenses fits. we'll see if martz can live up to being the offensive genius people say (or used to say) he is.

I'm thinking with the schedule that STL has got Martz will do his typical circus act and do some goofy - try and make the other team look silly type shananigans. I'm betting on Faulk to be used heavily in the passing game - and we know he's Martz teacher's pet. I wouldnt be surprised if he were sleeper material for this year as he wont get banged up as much either.

we'll see if martz can live up to being the offensive genius people say (or used to say) he is.

955034[/snapback]

Hey, Martz IS an offensive genius; he's just a so-so head coach, that's where the problem lies.