[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tatum Bell Disciples

Jumpin Johnies

These people are in complete denial right now. All of the outdated magazines propped this guy up on a pedestle and people have it stuck in their heads that this guy is going to be a stud rb this season. I was on Yahoo 5 minutes ago and they still have this chump rated 25th overall. ESPN's ranking isn't too far behind. DMD has the highest ranking that I've seen for Anderson and even he doesn't offer any insight on him(the only rb in the top 40 without a write up). I keep reading posts where people think that Bell will be the starter by week three. WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE BASING THIS ON? Some people think that Bell will take over as soon as Anderson gets hurt. I find this amusing because BELL IS ALWAYS HURT HIMSELF. Anderson's probably a better player than Droughns and look what he did last season while playing ahead of Bell. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO HIGH ON BELL AND SO LOW ON ANDERSON?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These people are in complete denial right now.  All of the outdated magazines propped this guy up on a pedestle and people have it stuck in their heads that this guy is going to be a stud rb this season.  I was on Yahoo 5 minutes ago and they still have this chump rated 25th overall.  ESPN's ranking isn't too far behind.  DMD has the highest ranking that I've seen for Anderson and even he doesn't offer any insight on him(the only rb in the top 40 without a write up).  I keep reading posts where people think that Bell will be the starter by week three.  WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE BASING THIS ON?  Some people think that Bell will take over as soon as Anderson gets hurt.  I find this amusing because BELL IS ALWAYS HURT HIMSELF.  Anderson's probably a better player than Droughns and look what he did last season while playing ahead of Bell.  WHY ARE PEOPLE SO HIGH ON BELL AND SO LOW ON ANDERSON?

955052[/snapback]

Well said. That's why I just laughed when Bell went in the 3rd round of my draft 2 weeks ago.

(Of course, I wanted Anderson, but he got snatched up before I could get him in the 6th).

Although I agree with you, I am not high on Anderson or Bell. I think a lot of people are basing it on what Shanahan did last year and pulled the plug on Griffen and went with Reuben Droughns.

IMO the denver backfield scares me to death and I would not pick any of them (including Ron Dayne) unless I am getting excellent value for them later in the draft.

Edited by 49erAddict-08

Although I agree with you, I am not high on Anderson or Bell.  I think a lot of people are basing it on what Shanahan did last year and pulled the plug on Griffen and went with Reuben Droughns. 

IMO the denver backfield scares me to death and I would not pick any of them (including Ron Dayne) unless I am getting excellent value for them later in the draft.

955071[/snapback]

I got Anderson at 10.4 yesterday after watching some idiot take Bell ar 3.5. No one even knew that Anderson was the starter. ESPN still call him a darkhorse to start on day 1.

T. Bell went in the 3rd and 4th rounds of my two drafts this weekend.  Mike Anderson lasted until the 7th in both and I got him as my 4th RB in one of those leagues.  :D

955074[/snapback]

I actually snagged big Mike at 9.12 in my local! Seems I'm a genius or something. :D

It's the lure of the siren. People see a guy rip off a couple of 50 yarders they get excited. And everybody remembers years when Shanny actually stuck with one back all year.

But I don't see Anderson lasting all that long in a featured roll. And let's be honest. None of us knows what is in Shenanigan's head. Hell he might come out with Q. Grif to start the season and it wouldn't shock me.

Bell is a guy you take in a keeper league where you are already strong at running back hoping to hit hte home run. If your risk is acceptable at that point of the draft he is worth a shot to some people.

Spin that wheel and look out for 00.

DMD has the highest ranking that I've seen for Anderson and even he doesn't offer any insight on him(the only rb in the top 40 without a write up).  I keep reading posts where people think that Bell will be the starter by week three.  WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE BASING THIS ON?  Some people think that Bell will take over as soon as Anderson gets hurt.  I find this amusing because BELL IS ALWAYS HURT HIMSELF.  Anderson's probably a better player than Droughns and look what he did last season while playing ahead of Bell.  WHY ARE PEOPLE SO HIGH ON BELL AND SO LOW ON ANDERSON?

955052[/snapback]

I just did the write up on Anderson - thought I had.

Anderson has been given the starting job in Denver over Tatum Bell and all signs point to him keeping the job. Anderson comes off a season ending injury last year where he tore the muscle from the bone in his groin. His rehabilitation has gone well over the past year and as evidenced by his 95 yard run against the Colts, he is healthy once again.

What is not in his favor is that he is 32 years of age and has never started more than 12 games in any of his five seasons in the NFL. His only season of note was back in 2000 when he gained 1487 rushing yards with 15 touchdowns but the next four years were without fantasy relevance. Add in that the Broncos face a tough schedule against the AFC East and NFC East and Anderson may be fortunate to hit his previous high of 12 games in a single season. He has upside as a Denver back and begins the year as the starter but his risk ideally makes him worth no more than a back-up slot. He could be big this year - and he could end up just being a 32 year old player with durability issues playing a very tough schedule.

I am not high on Bell - I would have never touched him anyway and I am not high on Anderson either. They both deserve to be ranked and both have upside. I think Tatum could post bigger numbers than Anderson all things equal but regardless I have drafted/auctioned 10 teams so far and have yet to take one of them. I just see too much risk, too much downside and too little reliability in either of the players. I'd draft one of them if they fell far enough but someone always wants them more than I do.

Nice schedule against opposing defenses though . . .  :D

955159[/snapback]

what is nice about @MIA, @JAX, WAS, NE, PHI, NYJ, @DAL, BAL and @BUF? :D

Nice schedule against opposing defenses though . . .  :D

955159[/snapback]

what is nice about @MIA, @JAX, WAS, NE, PHI, NYJ, @DAL, BAL and @BUF?  :D

955172[/snapback]

How's about a little :D and some :D not to mention a bit of :D and lastly some :D to top it all off.

:D

Here's the thing about Denver RB's that some people seem to keep missing. Once the starter is determined, he remains the starter period. The only time this was different was last year when Q just wasn't getting it done or injury. Look at Denver's home page and you'll see for yourself that there always is one main RB. I have been high on Bell all year and really thought that he would win out, but apparently Anderson is in extremely good shape and has played great during camp. The thing that keeps him above Bell at this point is Shanny trusts Anderson to block better than Bell.

I still think Bell has higher upside, but he may get only 5 touches per game this year just spelling Anderson. Make no mistake that if Anderson is named the starter, then he will be the starter for the entire season. No need to handcuff anyone or second guess who is going to start from week to week. All things being equal, it looks like Anderson will be the back and could have a 1500 yd. season. Sounds crazy from a 32 year old back that only had 1 good season, but he could be really good this year.

Having said that, I too would only grab him at best as a #2 RB but what a great #3 steal somone could get.

I've got both in a BOTH auction to go with McAllister. Not thrilled but once I had bought Bell I felt I had to buy Anderson.

I've got Anderson in another and took him early because I was a little concerned about Lewis' bone spurs and the fact he's got an early bye. I should have probably went Barlow there but if Anderson can start the first 5 games of the season I've got both byes covered.

I'm not thrilled about having either player but sometimes you've got to try and turn chicken$hit into chickensalad.

For what it is worth, Fantasy Football Index has Mike Anderson Rated the 5th OVERALL pick.  Even ahead of Manning!  While that may be much, they do have Bell as the 38th RB on the board.  At least the Index knows a Fraud when they see one!

955211[/snapback]

I swear he's on the cover of their magazine when I walked by the rack looking for Maxim at Albertson's this weekend...

I've got both in a BOTH auction to go with McAllister.  Not thrilled but once I had bought Bell I felt I had to buy Anderson.

I've got Anderson in another and took him early because I was a little concerned about Lewis' bone spurs and the fact he's got an early bye.  I should have probably went Barlow there but if Anderson can start the first 5 games of the season I've got both byes covered.

I'm not thrilled about having either player but sometimes you've got to try and turn chicken$hit into chickensalad.

955223[/snapback]

I'm hurt that you used Barlow and any Denver RB in the same sentence. :D

I just did the write up on Anderson - thought I had.

955131[/snapback]

Mike Anderson - DEN YEAR TM GMS TYD TTD CAR RYD YPC RTD CAT CYD CTD

Performance: 32

TD Only: 27

Keeper: 39

Auction: 4%

2002 DEN 15 553 4 84 386 4.6 2 18 167 2

2003 DEN 10 310 5 70 257 3.7 3 12 53 2

Avg 13 432 5 77 322 4.2 3 15 110 2

PROJ DEN 720 7 640 7 10 80

(-Risk) (+Upside) Anderson has been given the starting job in Denver over Tatum Bell and all signs point to him keeping the job. Anderson comes off a season ending injury last year where he tore the muscle from the bone in his groin. His rehabilitation has gone well over the past year and as evidenced by his 95 yard run against the Colts, he is healthy once again.

What is not in his favor is that he is 32 years of age and has never started more than 12 games in any of his five seasons in the NFL. His only season of note was back in 2000 when he gained 1487 rushing yards with 15 touchdowns but the next four years were without fantasy relevance. Add in that the Broncos face a tough schedule against the AFC East and NFC East and Anderson may be fortunate to hit his previous high of 12 games in a single season. He has upside as a Denver back and begins the year as the starter but his risk ideally makes him worth no more than a back-up slot. He could be big this year - and he could end up just being a 32 year old player with durability issues playing a very tough schedule.

It wasn't up this morning. I hope you didn't feel pressured to write one up. :D

For what it is worth, Fantasy Football Index has Mike Anderson Rated the 5th OVERALL pick.  Even ahead of Manning!  While that may be much, they do have Bell as the 38th RB on the board.  At least the Index knows a Fraud when they see one!

955211[/snapback]

That's too high but at least they have the right guy on top.