[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevan Barlow

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure about that, my man?  This depth chart from the Bronco's website current as of yesterday. 

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=134

956340[/snapback]

LMFAO! We're talking about SKELETOR here! Unless he is personally updating in real time, I really don't think ant Denver RB depth chart is worth anything, unless it's on toilet paper!

The Niners will put forth the worst offensive performance in NFL history this season (yes, worse than the Seahawks of the early 90's, can't remember the year). That being said, Barlow is still a starter and a decent one-week fill in as your #4. No problems with getting a starter in the 9th round.

You sure about that, my man?  This depth chart from the Bronco's website claims to be current as of yesterday. 

956340[/snapback]

it still has clarett on it :D

griffin has hardly even practiced all preseason, while dayne has been looking very good. regardless, neither one of them is worth a pick in a 12 team league...anderson and bell are a clear #1 and 2.

griffin has hardly even practiced all preseason, while dayne has been looking very good.  regardless, neither one of them is worth a pick in a 12 team league...anderson and bell are a clear #1 and 2.

956350[/snapback]

Like I said, the Bronco's depth chart claims to be current as of Sunday, August 28th.

Now, ask yourself this: when did the Broncos actually announce that they cut Clarrett? I'll give you a hint: it wasn't before August 28th.

LMFAO! We're talking about SKELETOR here! Unless he is personally updating in real time, I really don't think ant Denver RB depth chart is worth anything, unless it's on toilet paper!

956345[/snapback]

I know what you are saying. But that same depth chart has listed Mike Anderson as the #1 RB the entire preseason. Never once was it anyone else. And Anderson is, barring injury, going to enter Week 1 as the starter. Go figure.

I took Barlow in the mid-5th round of my 12-team keeper league. Not exactly my ideal RB#2, but I already have Rudi and a very solid group of WRs (Harrison, Horn, Roy Williams).

SF's offense may suck this season, but Barlow is the starter and there's no indication of RBBC. IMO, he's a decent pick in leagues where you have to start 2 RBs. I'd strongly suggest spending a late-round pick on Gore, though.

SF's offense may suck this season, but Barlow is the starter and there's no indication of RBBC.  IMO, he's a decent pick in leagues where you have to start 2 RBs.  I'd strongly suggest spending a late-round pick on Gore, though.

956619[/snapback]

Right - Erickson shows no propensity to do RBBC; and Barlow has the ability to justify him not doing so.

Sounds like last year's difficulties pretty well got his head out of his ass as well.

Right - Erickson shows no propensity to do RBBC; and Barlow has the ability to justify him not doing so.

Sounds like last year's difficulties pretty well got his head out of his ass as well.

957891[/snapback]

Erickson? You mean Nolan right?

griffin?  he's running 4th on the depth chart.. :D

956336[/snapback]

You sure about that, my man?  This depth chart from the Bronco's website claims to be current as of yesterday. 

956340[/snapback]

not that i'm one to gloat and point out when i was right and someone else was wrong.. :D

As a tortured niner fan in my opinion Barlow will be lucky to keep the starting job by the halfway point. He's not a Nolan guy and he's not a westcoast back (he can't catch). The niners will be behind most games in the second half like last year so that means they're going to the air to try to catch up. So that said there is only 2 real niners of fantasy value, Johnson the TE, and Lee the Punter....

As a tortured niner fan in my opinion Barlow will be lucky to keep the starting job by the halfway point.  He's not a Nolan guy and he's not a westcoast back (he can't catch).  The niners will be behind most games in the second half like last year so that means they're going to the air to try to catch up.  So that said there is only 2 real niners of fantasy value, Johnson the TE, and Lee the Punter....

966028[/snapback]

I think you are basing your opinion on the very bad Niner team of last year. In the last month of 2003 when Barlow finally became the featured back ahead of Hearst, he excelled. In that month, Barlow rushed for 433 yards and 4 tds. As far as him not being able to catch the ball, he caught for 163 yards and a td during this time period. Even sharing the load, his yards from scrimmage were over 1300 yards and he scored 7 tds for the year. Those are stats that any featured back would kill to achieve. The only knock on him at that time was that he fumbled too much. That was a fair criticism. Everyone knows he fumbles, but the coaching staff was willing to overlook it because of his natural ability to run the ball. Put any rb in his situation last year, and that back would fail. The reason he failed last year is because the Niners let their best players on the OL leave via free agency.

I think you are basing your opinion on the very bad Niner team of last year.  In the last month of 2003 when Barlow finally became the featured back ahead of Hearst, he excelled.  In that month, Barlow rushed for 433 yards and 4 tds.  As far as him not being able to catch the ball, he caught for 163 yards and a td during this time period.  Even sharing the load, his yards from scrimmage were over 1300 yards and he scored 7 tds for the year.  Those are stats that any featured back would kill to achieve.  The only knock on him at that time was that he fumbled too much.  That was a fair criticism.  Everyone knows he fumbles, but the coaching staff was willing to overlook it because of his natural ability to run the ball.  Put any rb in his situation last year, and that back would fail.  The reason he failed last year is because the Niners let their best players on the OL leave via free agency.

966129[/snapback]

You have some good points Ghost, infact I hope I'm wrong in my observations with Barlow. I did watch him during every game last year and he did not perform well, in fact M. Hicks did better than him average wise with the same line but had fumbling issues himself. The O-line did stink last year, and is better this year. They gave up alot of points last year and had to come from behind limiting what they could do running. I think that still may be the case this year. Barlow is not good at catching the ball and the niner westcoast backs of the past Craig, Watters,Hearst were so much better than Barlow, its just not a fair comparison.

Ultimately Nolan will make the decision, and if Barlow's attitude and production are like last year, he's finished.

Edited by mitpdub

Geez, I've really got to go against the norm here. Kevan Barlow is an absolutely worthless pick in a redraft league. A 9th round WR has way more value. That offense is so horrible that I can't even imagine a scenario where I would start Barlow, fearing every game there is a possibilty he gets 30 yards and the offense only gains 100. Goal-line vultures and upside backups have much more value than Barlow.

Edited by Seahawks21

griffin has hardly even practiced all preseason, while dayne has been looking very good.  regardless, neither one of them is worth a pick in a 12 team league...anderson and bell are a clear #1 and 2.

956350[/snapback]

Griffin was waived yesterday.

Part of the reason for this (besides Griffin being hurt and not practicing much) is that Dayne has looked terrific at times in the preseason. Sounds crazy I know, but the Broncos recently turned down a trade offer for him (reportedly from the Eagles). Given Bell's propensity to fumble and get dinged, it wouldn't shock me if Dayne was elevated to the starting role sometime this season--only if Anderson goes down of course.

966159[/snapback]

uhh, yeah. that's why i bumped this.

Part of the reason for this (besides Griffin being hurt and not practicing much) is that Dayne has looked terrific at times in the preseason. Sounds crazy I know, but the Broncos recently turned down a trade offer for him (reportedly from the Eagles). Given Bell's propensity to fumble and get dinged, it wouldn't shock me if Dayne was elevated to the starting role sometime this season--only if Anderson goes down of course.

and i agree with all of that.

Edited by Azazello1313

Part of the reason for this (besides Griffin being hurt and not practicing much) is that Dayne has looked terrific at times in the preseason.  Sounds crazy I know, but the Broncos recently turned down a trade offer for him (reportedly from the Eagles).  Given Bell's propensity to fumble and get dinged, it wouldn't shock me if Dayne was elevated to the starting role sometime this season--only if Anderson goes down of course.

966159[/snapback]

Didn't Dayne get lots of props for his pre-season with the Giants in 2004......and then fizzle out in the regular season? :D

Didn't Dayne get lots of props for his pre-season with the Giants in 2004......and then fizzle out in the regular season?  :D

966505[/snapback]

yeah yeah, but i don't care about any of that. dayne has been running the ball like a beast, IMO. it's not inconceivable he could be denver's best back this year, and i say that as no slight to bell and anderson.

last year, if i recall, all that hype was the result of one big preseason game where he got into space and ripped off a couple long runs. this year, i'm seeing him hit the hole hard and fast, never leaving yards on the table. no 80 yard TDs to get the huddle chatter going like 2004, but lots of nice looking, tough 5 yard carries.