[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN Chris Mortenson comments on

GRIDIRON JUNKY

What history are you referring to, exactly?  I see guys like Corey Dillon, Curtis Martin, Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn going rather well.  In fact some having career years post-30.  This age 30 thing seems to be a popular thing for FF folks to spit out without really thinking about it... in fact...

I see the injury report over the last 12 months littered with young guys like De'shaun Foster, Lee Suggs, Dom Davis, Chris Brown, Duce Staley, Deuce McAllister, Michael Bennett, Marcel Shipp.  So much for youth helping out with overcoming or avoiding injuries. 

Also, how does Holmes' two prior injuries affect this season?  Is Willis likely to get hurt or Edge?  They both missed entire seasons in the past 3-4 years.  How does that connect, exactly?

956898[/snapback]

This is a very insightful post. :D

I agree. Here are My RB's. Who would be a good WR pickup for my Larry Johnson.

RB S Alexander

K Jones

D Foster

L Johnson

K Barlow

C Benson

M Moore

956918[/snapback]

:D

Do NOT hijack a thread with an advice question. :D

From Yahoo

Chiefs head coach Dick Vermeil continues to field questions about how he will use his two talented running backs, Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson. "I really don't know [how I'd like to use them]. I don't know if there's a scientific way to do it. I think there's an impulsive way to do it. You see someone who's breathing a little hard, who's carried the ball three times and got whacked pretty good; boom, you send the other guy in. I've never really liked to run running backs by committee. But I've never had two guys like this before. It's not a problem. It's better to be that way than have only one guy."

Priest, LJ and Blaylock had a combined 500 touches last year (434 rush, 66 pass), 2723 yards and 35 total TD's.

Assuming the touches, yards and TD's equal last seasons, here's the breakdown:

70/30 split

Priest - 350 touches, 1906 yards, 25 TD's

Johnson - 150 touches, 817 yards, 10 TD's

60/40 split

Priest - 300 touches, 1634 yards, 21 TD's

Johnson - 200 touches, 1089 yards, 14 TD's

I could live either of those totals from Priest

I agree, and for a fourth or fifth round draft pick, I could certainly live with either of those totals from LJ, especially considering the floatsam and jetsam that is typically available at the RB position by the end of the fourth round in 12 team league.