[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joey Harrington

WaterMan

Watching last night's game, he SUCKS.....he has 3 huge receivers...a decent tight end in Pollard...Kevin Jones....and can't move the ball, at home, against the Rams D?????? Makes it difficult to draft a Lion receiver with confidence, unless Garcia takes over.....

I'm not sure if he sucks. But I doubt that he will ever be more than an average QB. You expect a little more from the 3rd overall pick.

His supporters have always pointed to the lack of offensive talent around him. Well, this is the year.

The thing that concerns me most about Harrington is that his teamates do not respect him. Not a good thing when you're talking about your "field general."

Harrington did not look good against the Rams, but I would pin most of the blame on his "offensive line." Dreadful.

Watching last night's game, he SUCKS.....he has 3 huge receivers...a decent tight end in Pollard...Kevin Jones....and can't move the ball, at home, against the Rams D?????? Makes it difficult to draft a Lion receiver with confidence, unless Garcia takes over.....

956486[/snapback]

I thought Garcia looked worse.

Harrington did not look good against the Rams, but I would pin most of the blame on his "offensive line."  Dreadful.

956505[/snapback]

I didn't see the game.

I hope that this doesn't became the new crutch for Harrington.

I'm not sure if he sucks.  But I doubt that he will ever be more than an average QB.  You expect a little more from the 3rd overall pick.

His supporters have always pointed to the lack of offensive talent around him.  Well, this is the year.

The thing that concerns me most about Harrington is that his teamates do not respect him.    Not a good thing when you're talking about your "field general."

956494[/snapback]

Lack of offensive talent is a bad excuse. If you are a good/great QB, you make the offensive players better (Favre- Levens, Robert Brooks, Freeman, etc. those guys were average, but had pretty darn good years with a great QB). And I'm not comparing Harrington to Favre :D

I didn't see the game.

I hope that this doesn't became the new crutch for Harrington.

956529[/snapback]

Until he's cut, it will always be someone else's fault other than Joey's...

He was under pressure last night, but he also threw a lot of bad balls; at guy's feet, over their heads, behind them, etc. He's just not very consistent.

Is it just me or does he just suck? I mean, he has the talent, why can't he do anything on the field?

956482[/snapback]

I'm not so sure how much talent he really has. He was hyped as a Troy Aikman type; not a huge arm but good intangibles. Unfortunately, he doesn't appear to have much in that department either.

The thing that concerns me most about Harrington is that his teamates do not respect him.    Not a good thing when you're talking about your "field general."

956494[/snapback]

Why do you believe that his teammates dont respect Harrington? I mean, what makes you say that they dont respect him? Have players made statements to that effect?

Last night's game was GOD AWFUL for the Lions. Lord knows I've done my share of Harrington bashing here, but that O-line was not good last night. In the second quarter, they kept coming out in 3 and 4 WR sets to spread out the defense, but the Rams were still getting to Harrington. Why don't they roll him out more?

He threw two or three balls into the ground about 3 yards in front of his receivers.

I feel really bad for this team. There is just no way Harrington should be starting.

On a lighter note, did anyone see Mariuchi on the sidelines? When the Rams were marching it up and down the field at will, his expression was priceless. He sort of had a glazed look in his eyes, and I could just imagine him thinking "darn, I wish I was the coach of the Rams." :D

Why do you believe that his teammates dont respect Harrington?  I mean, what makes you say that they dont respect him?  Have players made statements to that effect?

956539[/snapback]

Yes.

I know a guy that is good friends with a Lion.

That, plus the lack of public support his teamates give him.

I'm not so sure how much talent he really has.  He was hyped as a Troy Aikman type; not a huge arm but good intangibles.  Unfortunately, he doesn't appear to have much in that department either.

956536[/snapback]

Sorry, I ment the talent around him.

Dominic Raiola is supposed to be a pro bowl calibre center.....he showed nothing of the likes last night...him AND Jeff Backus....ironically, the 2 were drafted in the 1st round of the 2001 draft (I could be wrong...I DO know they were the 1st 2 picks in the draft)...

what worries me even more-so is the fact that it was the Rams defense.....THE FRIGGIN RAMS......:doah:...I have KJ locked in as my starter in wek 1 vs GB.....HOPEFULLY the OL can give Harrington more than 2 seconds to throw so he can be somewhat productive and allow KJ to have some room....

and yea...KJ looked good...even with the crappy OL..

I understand the gripes made about Harrington but you cannot blame last night on him. The coaching was as bad as the O-Line. They made no adjustments to help relieve the pressure. How can any QB be expected to preform when after three steps he is being hit? Yeah, Harrington made bad passes last night but in the other two games he did fine. I just do not understand how you can blame Harrington for last night. No, I am not a Harrington fan, just sick of the Harrington bashing. I have yet to hear anyone blame the play calling or the scheme. If you put Harrington on the Rams and Bulger on the Lions, the same things would have happened last night. If that O-Line does not improve, KJ will have a long, long year.

I heard at some point last night Michele Tafoya asked a Rams person (can't remember who) why the Lions had so much trouble picking up the Rams blitz. The answer was "we have problems picking it up too in our practices". Not sure if that means the Rams are getting creative with their blitz packages or what, but I'm hoping the Lions aren't really as bad as they looked.

I heard at some point last night Michele Tafoya asked a Rams person (can't remember who) why the Lions had so much trouble picking up the Rams blitz.  The answer was "we have problems picking it up too in our practices".  Not sure if that means the Rams are getting creative with their blitz packages or what, but I'm hoping the Lions aren't really as bad as they looked.

956793[/snapback]

what!?....that's just insane to me...I do like Coakley, though....didn't know the Rams got him

I understand the gripes made about Harrington but you cannot blame last night on him.  The coaching was as bad as the O-Line.  They made no adjustments to help relieve the pressure.  How can any QB be expected to preform when after three steps he is being hit?  Yeah, Harrington made bad passes last night but in the other two games he did fine.  I just do not understand how you can blame Harrington for last night.  No, I am not a Harrington fan, just sick of the Harrington bashing.  I have yet to hear anyone blame the play calling or the scheme.  If you put Harrington on the Rams and Bulger on the Lions, the same things would have happened last night.  If that O-Line does not improve, KJ will have a long, long year.

956780[/snapback]

Well said, example - 4th and 1

With all the playmakers on the team, lets run the fullback up the middle for a loss.

:D:D:D nice call