[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Panther RB ?'s

PantherDave

swerski pulled a sarge. he deleted a post so he wouldn't look like the idiot that started this whole thing in the first place. i would never go out of my way and slam you without having a reason. just saying that i'm propping all the guys i draft wouldn't make me do that. calling me a crybaby however, will make me evil. deleting the post doesn't reflect well on you. i'm waiting for you to either deny you deleted it or sack up and say you did. either way, you look pretty bad imo.....and i'm sure to others. at least be a man about it. my bet, is that you come back and deny it and i call you a LARGE SIZED NON TRUTH TELLER. am i right??

edit: sarge i know you don't do that anymore so i apologize in advance for dragging your name into it. but we all remember when you used too. :D

Edited by crispirons

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let me get this straight: Pittman is "much better" back than Jones, yet has never rushed for a 1,000 yds in a season and his career-best numbers are almost equaled by what Jones did on the worst offense in the NFL last season?  Ummm... OK.  :D

962037[/snapback]

Are you saying that if Pittman was on Chicago, Pittman wouldn't have beat him out for the job last year? :D

If so... you're disagreeing with 2 different NFL coaches who made that decision 3 times (4 if you count when Pittman took the job from Jones again in late December of 2003, as you pointed out).

I'm pretty sure Pittman would have beat him out again. So would have Marcel Shipp, and even that gay black guy from Revenge of the Nerds (in case anyone missed the Lamar Latrell reference earlier).

Swerski, does it hurt to be so wrong so loudly? If you look in the mirror, can you see the wrongness?

Thomas Jones will be on the bench by week 5, and will never be named a starter again in his lifetime, unless it is because of injuries to the guy who beat him out.

Swerski, does it hurt to be so wrong so loudly?  If you look in the mirror, can you see the wrongness?

962126[/snapback]

Actually, the only thing I can see is your bias. Looking at their stats, it's very clear that Pittman is only marginally more talented than Jones (if at all). Only someone who is heavily biased or a complete idiot wouldn't be able to see that. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're in the former group. Neither were good enough to carry the rock 250 times on either the Cards or Bucs between '00 and '03 (Pittman only hit 200 carries once in ARI). And they put up very similar stats last season as featured backs on different teams.

Are you saying that if Pittman was on Chicago, Pittman wouldn't have beat him out for the job last year?  :D

Either way, but I'd expect to see a lot of RBBC, because neither is that much better than the other.

Thomas Jones will be on the bench by week 5, and will never be named a starter again in his lifetime, unless it is because of injuries to the guy who beat him out.

Funny, I've already said that. :D Meanwhile, the "much more talented" Pittman will be on the bench behind Cadillac in TB.

Only someone who is heavily biased or a complete idiot wouldn't be able to see that.

962162[/snapback]

Which one was Jon Gruden when he decided that Pittman was better than Jones?

Do you really think you can judge the quality or running backs better than him (and to a lesser extent, Coach McGinnis)?

I can't help but smile a little when I find myself arguing the "Jon Gruden" side of a football debate against the "Swerski" side... :D

Which one was Jon Gruden when he decided that Pittman was better than Jones?

962241[/snapback]

Sounds like Gruden couldn't decide which to use, since they have pretty much the same level of talent...

2003:

Jones: 137 carries, 627 yds

Pittman: 187 carries, 751 yds

Sounds like Gruden couldn't decide which to use, since they have pretty much the same level of talent...

2003:

Jones: 137 carries, 627 yds

Pittman: 187 carries, 751 yds

962925[/snapback]

Dude... you're embarrasing yourself. These stats are available on line.

Pittman was the starter all season, except for 3 weeks in December when he was injured and in court.

Thomas Jones is a career backup. He has never beat out even a mediocre back in his entire life.

Believe differently? Draft him. Draft him all over the place. Grab him in redrafts and keepers and dynasty leagues. Make him your franchise player. Hand your money to other people. I beg you. :D

What the heck is your point? You are trying to argue that Jones is a good player... despite the fact that you admit that he will never start again?? :D

You have yet to show any evidence of his laughable "proven talent".

Dude... you're embarrasing yourself.  These stats are available on line.

Thomas Jones is a career backup.  He has never beat out even a mediocre back in his entire life.

962960[/snapback]

Um, wrong. He beat out Anthony Thomas, a former 1000-yd rusher and NFC Offensive ROTY, last season. "These stats are available online," dude. :D

Nice try, though. :D

Pittman was the starter all season, except for 3 weeks in December when he was injured and in court.

So, if Pittman was so much better, why did Gruden run RBBC? If Pittman is so much more talented than Jones, why couldn't he ever be a featured back? Why has Pittman never had a 250-carry, or 1,000-yd season?

Believe differently?  Draft him.  Draft him all over the place.  Grab him in redrafts and keepers and dynasty leagues.  Make him your franchise player.  Hand your money to other people.  I beg you.  :D

No, I dumped him from my keeper league a couple weeks ago. I know that his days as a starter are numbered. Angelo can't make himself look any more foolish by letting that #4 overall pick sit on the bench.

What the heck is your point?  You are trying to argue that Jones is a good player... despite the fact that you admit that he will never start again??  :D

Since you have obviously failed to grasp it, my point is that Jones has had success at the NFL level comparable to that of Pittman. C'mon, dude... these stats are available online. Why would Gruden spend TB's first-round pick on Cadillac Williams when he already has the ultra-talented Michael Pittman on his squad? :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Since you have obviously failed to grasp it, my point is that Jones has had success at the NFL level comparable to that of Pittman.  C'mon, dude... these stats are available online.  Why would Gruden spend TB's first-round pick on Cadillac Williams when he already has the ultra-talented Michael Pittman on his squad?  :D

962981[/snapback]

You proved my point, man. My argument was never that Pittman was good. My argument was that he was better than Jones. And all you've done is say how bad Pittman was.

You're right. Pittman was bad. Really bad.

And Jones couldn't ever beat him out for a job. This was my point. By making Pittman appear worse... you are making your own argument even stupider.

Again, what the hell point are you trying to make?

You're right.  Pittman was bad.  Really bad.

963289[/snapback]

No, he wasn't bad. He was a viable starting back last season, just like Jones. IMO, Pittman and Jones are almost the same player. Both are talented and have been successful in the NFL. Both have been serviceable as featured backs. But they both have issues (Jones' injuries and Pittman's legal problems) that will keep them from holding on to featured back roles.

This is what took exception to...

Don't be silly.  Pittman is a much much better back than Thomas Jones. 

961902[/snapback]

Pittman is NOT a much better back than Jones. He's perhaps marginally better, if that. The fact that Pittman "beat out" Jones in ARI and TB means nothing, given that neither back was featured. Does Michael Bennett "beating out" Mewelde Moore and Onterrio Smith make him a "much better back"? Of course not. It's almost meaningless in an RBBC situation.

By making Pittman appear worse... you are making your own argument even stupider.

At least I'm not arguing false, ridiculous crap like this:

Thomas Jones is a career backup. He has never beat out even a mediocre back in his entire life.

:D

Why in the hell did I start a post wondering where Swerski is?  I'd have to say I agree with him here though.  Pittman is maybe a little better than Jones, but really they are the same back.  IMHO.

963398[/snapback]

Sigh. I'm going to side with Gruden and McGinnis on this one.

Why in the hell did I start a post wondering where Swerski is?  I'd have to say I agree with him here though.  Pittman is maybe a little better than Jones, but really they are the same back.  IMHO.

963398[/snapback]

Well, it's nice to know that someone else in this thread has some common sense.