[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will have the better year?

RokoMotion

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't Hate Steve Smith if I could have him on my team, I would, he would be a solid gamble. And right now in his career thats all he is, a gamble, and a good gamble at that. He has the possibility of being a solid #1. But just look at the facts, he had one good year, one. Let's see him put up one more good year before we start comparing him to Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens. Even if your just comparing injuries, your comparisons should be to equal players, not 2 future hall of famers. Now thats stupid. :D

961718[/snapback]

If you'd put it that way I wouldn't have thought you were such an idiot - ONE broken leg does NOT make someone "injury prone"; if you think it's a gamble because of the one-year wonder status + injury, that's more understandable.

And as pointed out, Smith has more of a track record of success than Burleson - he had 50-800 in '02.

• 8 months later...
Exactly.  Smith will rock this year.  Look at his numbers towards the end of 2003.  He's the man in Carolina.  I think he takes the place of Mus and is a top 5.

962464[/snapback]

Smith = THE MAN!! :D

Burleson = The Invisible Man!!! :D

How different a year makes on this post......

Just wished I drafted Steve Smith instead of Joe Horn last year!!! :D

Nice shot about Porter. :D  I've got to disagree on this one.  I've really payed attention to Smith this offseason just to see how he looks.  I don't care if Minn. has a more balanced attack and therefor other teams can't double Burleson like they can Smith.  Smith looks flat out fast and quick.  The big thing is that Delhomme completely trusts him and will throw the ball his way all day.  Watch Smith run a slant and see for yourself how badly he burns the CB.  Smith is in for a big year this year. 

Note:  I'm a little biased as he's my #1. :D

959473[/snapback]

One guy that got it right and reaped the rewards of owning Smith last year. :D

burleson all the way, and its not even close imho.

he is one of the very few "safe" WRs. safe meaning here "will produce every week", and that group is small: harrison, chad J, moss, owens...., finito, oh well and burleson.

reason is talent on the other positions, so not possible to key on him fully, plus he is "unproven" to defensive coordinators so the wont have him as SUCH a threat as moss on their list. and later, when they will have him on this list, they will be in flow.

travis taylor and troy williamson may be better "rivalling" talent on the vikings, more as SS has in Car, but on the same not that means less doube/triple team, which would be a REAL problem for him to overcome early

958830[/snapback]

:D

Love reading this thread, thanks Dave!

funny funny funny.....

lets see later how many of you have steve msith on their rosters, of those who are that high on him now. trust me, he wont be in the top 10 WRs, so you all have ALL chance to get him in every league you are in.

lets see this debate after week 3 again.

Burleson will have sick numbers.

960988[/snapback]

And one guy that was WAY off!!! The only guy with sick numbers was Steve Smith, not Burelson.... Smith was not only top 10, but #1 WR all year and tied or lead all WR categories last year!!! DOMINATING is the best way to describe Steve Smith. :D:D

Guess you didn't have a good FF season last year?? :D

Edited by PSULions

And one guy that was WAY off!!!  The only guy with sick numbers was Steve Smith, not Burelson....  Smith was not only top 10, but #1 WR all year and tied or lead all WR categories last year!!!  DOMINATING is the best way to describe Steve Smith.  :D  :D

Guess you didn't have a good FF season last year??  :D

1458970[/snapback]

:D