[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sports Illustrated Predictions

goldengrhm1

Sports Illustrated Predicted that the Panthers would go 12-4 and 4 win the NFC East, win the NFC Championship game and win the Super Bowl. I was just wondering what people's opinions are on this. This is definitely a bold decision in my opinion. I don't know how the Panthers can go 12-4 without a RB. They have a great defense but can they win a superbowl?

Sports Illustrated Predicted that the Panthers would go 12-4 and 4 win the NFC East, win the NFC Championship game and win the Super Bowl. I was just wondering what people's opinions are on this. This is definitely a bold decision in my opinion. I don't know how the Panthers can go 12-4 without a RB. They have a great defense but can they win a superbowl?

960750[/snapback]

I have to admit, Carolina winning the NFC East would be an impressive feat. :D

I think its a decent pick. It is so boring when everyone picks the Pats colts or Eagles. The Panthers ended up fielding a decent team near the end of the year despite their injuries. At a minimum bringing back Smith, Davis, Foster and Jenkins should greatly improve the team. I think they play solid defense and make few mistakes on offense and go far in the playoffs.

However I hope I am wrong....Go Bucs!

I doubt it. they dont even know who will be starting in the backfield yet.

SI always reaches like this and is rarely ever right.

960963[/snapback]

Didn't they pick the Patriots last year? :D

Seriously, I bought season tickets for the Panthers this year and I am very excited about my expections for the team. This team was able to bounce back from a horrid start and nearly make it back into the playoffs winning 6 out of their last 8 games. I laugh when they say we don't have a running back, Davis and Foster are plenty good to help the running game to be more successful this year and Delhomme is proving the doubters wrong about his 2003 season and played great over the last 10 games of the season with 22 TDs and only 10 picks.... He has a good arm, great touch and is a WINNER. With Smith back and several other starters healthy this year this team will be able to score plenty of points and shut the opponent down pretty effectively with Jenkins and Lucas improving the DL and the secondary.

Will they win the SB.... ? I sure hope so, but they have to be considered one of the top 3 candidates in the NFC to emerge from the NFC this season. :D

Carolina had a chance at beating New England in the Super Bowl. I don't think New England is going this year, It will probably be the Colts or Baltimore from the AFC. The Falcons will give the Panthers the most trouble as they have in the past.

960921[/snapback]

It's amazing what a team full of steroid users can do...

Every year in Vegas I pick the Bears to win the SB (NO laughing please) and some other team in the 20/1 range.  This year I picked Carolina @ 18-1. :D

961081[/snapback]

Holy crap, how did you get those odds? When did you place that bet, may I ask. I was in Vegas in March and took Tampa Bay (long shot, I know) at 25-1 odds.

You have a good shot with that Carolina pick.

Holy crap, how did you get those odds?  When did you place that bet, may I ask.  I was in Vegas in March and took Tampa Bay (long shot, I know) at 25-1 odds.

You have a good shot with that Carolina pick.

962879[/snapback]

To be precise 6/23/2005 @ Bally's. I have $20 each:

Carolina SB @ 18/1

Chi Conf. @ 28/1

Chi. SB @ 60/1 :D

Edit for:

Tampa was 40/1 on that day.

Edited by rocknrobn26