[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens game

Randall

Did anyone see Heap? Did he look okay? I saw in the stats he caught 1 pass.

962440[/snapback]

Heap looked good. Caught a decent little pass and had a few nice blocks on running plays.

Jamal got stopped on 3rd and 1 on 2 of the 3 drives he was in for.

If you knew about football but didn't know any of the players names or what they had done in the past, would anybody pick Jamal based on what they saw in last nights game?

No.

962754[/snapback]

But then again if you knew about football you would realize it's a pre-season game that doesn't mean squat. It's not like he's worried about making the team.

But then again if you knew about football you would realize it's a pre-season game that doesn't mean squat. It's not like he's worried about making the team.

962765[/snapback]

The question is how did he look in the game last night. How did Steven Jackson look in preseason? How did Moss look? I guess that doesn't mean squat either. Jamal was limping last night. Does that mean squat?

Next.

This from the Baltimore Sun (gotta do the free registration thing). Looks promising, I guess, other than the fact that the offense had a poor showing...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...sports-football

"The Ravens' first two drives stalled when Lewis was stuffed twice on third-and-one situations.

In his first action of the preseason, Lewis was held to 15 yards on six carries. The Ravens running back showed few bursts because there was little room to run, but he did test his surgically repaired right ankle with some hard cuts.

"The ankle feels good," Lewis said. "It held up for me. I had a nice little test run on it and now it's time to get going."" :D

The question is how did he look in the game last night. How did Steven Jackson look in preseason? How did Moss look? I guess that doesn't mean squat either. Jamal was limping last night. Does that mean squat?

Next.

962899[/snapback]

CMB,

I went down and reran what I saw last night on the Tivo and want to offer a retraction on the limp statement. He looked tender to me walking of the field in the 1st quarter and last night I thought he was trying to cover up a hurt foot. It did not look that bad.

Please excuse my overstating the facts.

He broke a couple nice runs of 6 and 7 yards.  He was hitting the line hard, but did get stopped on a 3rd and 1.  Overall looks good.

962315[/snapback]

Man, I was just going to start a topic about how terrible Jamal looked last night. He looked like a hobbling old man to me. He was down on 1st contact almost every time and he barely made it off the field (limping badly) when he was returning to the sideline.

Which game did you watch?

WHAT?!?!?!

he looked bad???? WHOOOOOAAAA>...

using that same logic...

mcnabb and owens must have been demoted to second string-- THEY DID NOT EVEN PLAY LAST NIGHT!!!! at least jamal plaaaayed....

come on fellas-- last pre-season game- he was put out there to take a hit or two--- not break loose... dont you know they call plays specifically designed to 'protect' these guys--- blocking schemes that crowd the middle and allow no real running room-- only room for guys-- especially guys coming off of surgery- to test out the motion in the pace of live action... enough space for them top get the ball and hit the line and go down....?

they do this for QB's too-- they run blocking schemes that allow shorter passes-- quicker passes--- so guys do not have to sit in the pocket and get nailed by some overzealous guy who is trying to make the sunday cut....

or is this the first year of football you have watched?

To me here's the line.

If he just looked rusty and we are basing stuff on his YPC or even his burst last night then I wouldn't worry because it's a pre-season game and his first game in a while.

But if he was clearly limping around and looked hobbled that is a whole different story. Then I'd be worried.