[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do your player rankings change due to EOS

Steeltown Dre

If you look at The Huddle's EOS projections, you see some interesting things. The listing below is the EOS for the RBs. The players right now are ranked according to the huddles projected stats, and my league's scoring. The EOS plays no bearing in this. Many other rankings I've seen are similar, but have Alexander higher. At any rate, the ranking is not important - what is important is how do you use the EOS in drafting?

As you can see, LT2 has a -4, and Holmes has a -8. Where as DD and KJ have positive numbers. But in most lists I've seen, LT2 is always a #1 RB, and the rest of the list is similar.

1 Tomlinson LaDainian -4

2 James Edgerrin -3

3 Holmes Priest -8

4 Alexander Shaun -1

5 Davis Domanick 1

6 McAllister Deuce -1

7 McGahee Willis -2

8 Dillon Corey -4

9 Barber Tiki -3

10 Jones Kevin 5

11 Portis Clinton -1

12 Lewis Jamal 0

13 Jones Julius -4

14 Westbrook Brian 0

15 Johnson Rudi -2

Moving onto QBs, here is the list:

1 Manning Peyton 1

2 Culpepper Daunte 0

3 McNabb Donovan 2

4 Bulger Marc 2

5 Favre Brett -1

6 Hasselbeck Matt -1

7 Brees Drew -2

8 Green Trent -4

9 Brooks Aaron -2

10 Vick Michael -1

11 Brady Tom -5

12 Palmer Carson -2

13 Plummer Jake -2

14 Leftwich Byron -1

15 Collins Kerry -5

Does anyone move Trent Green further down, as well as Brady?

Mainly, do you feel that a player will still score well given his EOS - like regardless if LT plays Baltimore or Denver, he's still putting up 100, 1?

I'm sure The Huddle used the EOS when projecting a players stats for the season, so if my rankings are based on The Huddles projections, it already includes the EOS. Therefore, I should not use it AGAIN to bump players further down or raise others, as it has already been included. Is this accurate?

But then why do most other rankings outside of the huddle seem to be so similar? Do you think they all are using an EOS type analysis when projecting stats? It seems that regardless of whether LT2 had a hard schedule or an easy schedule heading into the season, he would be the #1. But shouldn't there be the argument that since Holmes has such a hard schedule, he should be behind a guy like DD?

Thanks in advance.

The rankings and projections do take the EOS into account to be sure, but the "higher up" you go in talent, the less the EOS matters. Conversly, the more average a player is, the more the EOS will affect him.

An example is Manning. He always had a terrible schedule when IND was in the AFC East and yet he still did well because he is so talented.

Players like the rookie RBs who have yet to prove talent are more affected by the EOS which is why Ronnie Brown is lowest and why Benson was the highest (until he decided to vacation this summer). EOS is why players like Trent Green is not automatically the #4 QB and yet Bulger is. The higher up you go, EOS may only change a ranking a spot or two but mid-level talent can have a players ranking changed much more based on their schedule.

Talent is #1 - no doubt. Some players are always bigger than their schedule. The EOS is most valuable not with top 10 players but with Tier2 and beyond.

Great - just the type of info I was looking for. So I guess re-ranking based on EOS is entirely unnecessary, and looking at your top tier players in early draft rounds should not focus on EOS at all. But when making a pick in the middle to late rounds, it could be a thing to take into consideration, even though the rankings have done so already. Thanks.

There is nothing more worthless than pre-season EOS rankings. In today's NFL, teams go from the outhouse to the penthouse and vice versa overnight. Nobody has any idea who will have good/poor defenses until several games into the season. Draft the best players. Look at the schedule starting in about week 5.

There is nothing more worthless than pre-season EOS rankings.  In today's NFL, teams go from the outhouse to the penthouse and vice versa overnight.  Nobody has any idea who will have good/poor defenses until several games into the season.  Draft the best players.  Look at the schedule starting in about week 5.

963023[/snapback]

That is why the EOS only considers the top 10 best and worst defenses from the previous season and not 16/16 split. There is enough consistency in the top and bottom 10 for a valid comparison.