[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12th team bailed on me right before draft

Itsnottatooma

Leaving in a few hours to draft in Dallas. I just found out that one guy can't make the trip. In spite of knowing about the date of the draft for over a month, he failed to ask to take this weekend off work until tonight. Guess what - no dice?

So here I am running an 11 team league. I have the choice of kicking one other team out that isn't making the trip but at least told me well in advance, gave me a list, and set up somebody there to make his pix for him, or running with 12 teams with the last team being a phantom "average score" team.

Has anybody ever done a league with an "average" phantom team? I know mfl software can handle that.

we drafted a 'dummy' team with the hope/intention of selling it.

it sold two days after our draft.

have everyone at draft participate in drafting dummy team; commish and a few others end up picking two players, but spread out the tast of drafting, makes it fairly painless we found.

good luck

When and where is your draft ... I might be willing to stand in and draft a team for you although I don't have the time to take ownership and manage it

964649[/snapback]

Thanks for the offer. Draft will be about 5PM tomorrow (Sat) in Murphy TX. I'll shoot ya a PM with a number you can call if you're interested. I'll be on the road until arriving at the host's house at about 3PM.