[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thats going to leave a mark

Sgt. Ryan

Stoops loses his first game in September in his 6 yr stint as HC. Peterson was injured, and didnt look the same when he came back, though he did nothing with the exception of the opening TD drive of the 2nd half. Bomar is the better athlete at QB, but continually underthrows his Wrs, while Thompson over throws is. Neither QB can hang onto the ball, and this is at home vs unranked TCU. The OL is outright terrible outside of Joseph, and the Secondary plays 8 yds off on every play still thinking about the 4th of Jan.

Long year for Sooner Nation, but most of us knew this was coming. Bomar is the future, so they should just let him play as a freshman, and put in those kids from the #1 recruiting class after enrollment in and play for 2006.

Now back to the bat cave until January...... :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

every sooner fan blames peterson's 'injuries' when he has a bad game.

last year our running back had fliping turf toe vs. OU and still gained 100 yds, while we held the 'OMG I INJURED MY SHOULDER SO MY LEGS CANT RUN' Peterson under 100 yds (first team to do so).

our RB, not nearly as highly touted, has more yds, vs. a better team, w/ a much worse injury to a much more important part of his body for his position vs. ur amazing RB w/ a hurt shoulder and you guys make excuses. your QB's suck right now (didn't expect it personally, but they do).

SICK OF THE EXCUSES. atleast neb fans can admit when our players flat out SUCK. (as they have for the most part since TO left)

anywho, got off work, heard the GREAT Horned Frog news, and did a dance! :D:D:D

SOONER BOOMER! :D:D:D:D

Not that it will make you feel any better, but the TCU defense looks much improved from last season (I think they were ranked somewhere in the 90's). It's tough to win when your QB's can't hold on to the ball in the 4th quarter, though.

Hats off to Clemson. I think most Ags knew this was gonna be a close game and the Clemson kicker came thru. Football is always a game of 1 or 2 plays and Clemson ended up on the right side of those plays (A&M's first td called back on a questionable hold...ended up in a fg...the halfback pass that was dropped that would have been a td). Congrats Clemson.

Stoops loses his first game in September in his 6 yr stint as HC.  Peterson was injured, and didnt look the same when he came back, though he did nothing with the exception of the opening TD drive of the 2nd half.  Bomar is the better athlete at QB, but continually underthrows his Wrs, while Thompson over throws is.  Neither QB can hang onto the ball, and this is at home vs unranked TCU. The OL is outright terrible outside of Joseph, and the Secondary plays 8 yds off on every play still thinking about the 4th of Jan. 

Long year for Sooner Nation, but most of us knew this was coming.  Bomar is the future, so they should just let him play as a freshman, and put in those kids from the #1 recruiting class after enrollment in and play for 2006.

Edit to add, 

Who the hell cares who John Galt is.  He didnt even show up here until after USC had made it to the Orange Bowl last yr.  Who signs up for a message board in December.  An alias tool, thats who.    :D

965467[/snapback]

Any bets as to whether or not Sarge breaks his agreement AGAIN, if Oklahoma upsets Texas?

If you look at the scoring possibilities after the TD going for 2 would have been the way to go. The way that Clemson was able to move down the field all night there was a good chance that they would get another field goal opportunity, however with the time remaining I thought the Aggies would(should) be able to at least put 3 more points on the board so the decision seemed "OK" at the time but..... :D

Coach Fran's comments from his Tuesday media luncheon.

At the time of the 2pt conversion I made the argument to kick the XP since it was so early in the 4th and you'd go up by 9 with another score. My fellow Aggie sitting next to me at the bar argued to go for 2. I can't honestly say either one would have been a "bad call" to make but when it doesn't turn out the way you would have hoped you are sure to be second guessed.

One of the joys of what you do or fans do is second guess. Have you ever felt so second guessed over the past several days?

"I'm pretty insulated from what y'all say or what anybody else is saying. But nobody second guesses himself more than me. It's a lot easier when the game's over to say we should have gone for two. I was telling one of the coaches I think I've been criticized for going for two too early before. I don't know if I've been in that situation. With nine minutes and 30 seconds or whatever it was, and we had just went 80 yards in three plays, you just think there's going to be more points scored and with another touchdown on the board it's going to be a nine-point lead, and you know, sometimes I think you can get into that two-point cycle a little too early. Obviously right now I wish we would have gone for two and made it but, you know, we debated it on the head sets. That's one of those decisions, again, that you got to make it -- the right decision. If I could have known we'd only had three more plays the rest of the night I know what I would have done. You just don't think it's going to go that way, the way the game had been going. We played 16 snaps in the second half and scored 14 points. It's not like we weren't moving the ball pretty good most of the time. We got it back on those three plays we had and we didn't move the ball, and that probably hurt us as much as anything. I certainly am not trying to dodge any criticism for the call. I don't want make it sound that way. That's just what goes through your mind."

You went for two against Texas Tech with 11 minutes left last year.

"I did. Sometimes it's feeling like you've got a two point play in your pocket, too. And I didn't really feel like we did there. If I've erred before usually it's for being too aggressive and I probably wasn't that game."

You went for two in the first half against Virginia Tech a few years ago.

"Yeah, and there are probably more times where you probably say you did that a little too early. You should have gotten the sure point and let the game play itself out. On our two point cards there's how much time is left. That's the question you ask yourself and we debated it, and we decided there were going to be a lot more points scored in this game and a lot more possessions and a lot more things happen, and that wasn't true."

Stoops loses his first game in September in his 6 yr stint as HC.  Peterson was injured, and didnt look the same when he came back, though he did nothing with the exception of the opening TD drive of the 2nd half.  Bomar is the better athlete at QB, but continually underthrows his Wrs, while Thompson over throws is.  Neither QB can hang onto the ball, and this is at home vs unranked TCU. The OL is outright terrible outside of Joseph, and the Secondary plays 8 yds off on every play still thinking about the 4th of Jan. 

Long year for Sooner Nation, but most of us knew this was coming.  Bomar is the future, so they should just let him play as a freshman, and put in those kids from the #1 recruiting class after enrollment in and play for 2006.

965467[/snapback]

Sgt. Ryan will be back, if his sooners beat texas. I knew he couldnt sit back

and not say anything, I just never heard this tone before.