[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas National Champs 2005 ?

sacosud

I'm starting to think if and that's a big IF Texas can get by the Buckeyes in Columbus who can stop them on the path to the Rose Bowl??? Is there anyone that can beat them in the Big 12??? The answer is NO. I'm convinced that I'm watching at least part of the National Championship game next week in the shoe. I do believe my beloved Buckeyes are contenders but have alot more pot holes to the Roses than Texas. OSU must beat Iowa,Michigan,Texas and even Penn State will be a challenge at Happy Valley at night. WHO does Texas play that has a chance ???? Mizzo???? a broken Sooners??? A&M?????? I would say Texas beats OSU and they are Rose Bowl Bound beating OSU in the enviroment they are going to have to face is not going to be a easy task but IMO they win here in Columbus book the Horns to Pasadena to play USC. I have been to a few big games in the past such as Michigan vs OSU "95" in Ann Arbor probaly the biggest, but this I think by far will be the biggest game I have attended as a Buckeye fan because so much is rideing on the outcome!!!!!! The crowd is going to be electric and the Shoe can be down right deafening at night. The last night game I attended was OSU vs UCLA and at times I could not hear myself think. I would think it will be even louder Sat. night. I have not watch the Texas game yet but I have on DVR and the score was 60-3 "ouch" La Lafayette is probaly not as good as a MAC school but I'm looking forward to watching to see what Vince's arm looks like. Do you guys see anyone in the Big 12 stopping the Horns???? Mizzo????

I think most will agree Texas is the odds on favorite to win the Big 12 this year but just as you mention Penn St will be a tough road test for OSU, I think you'll find similar road tests for Texas this year. On paper Texas probably beats A&M but at Kyle field all bets are off.

9/10 at Ohio State Tough Game

9/17 Rice W

10/1 at Missouri W

10/8 Oklahoma (in Dallas) Tough Game

10/15 Colorado W

10/22 Texas Tech W

10/29 at Oklahoma State W

11/5 at Baylor W

11/12 Kansas W

11/25 at Texas A&M Tough Game

At Ohio State & Texas A&M are going to be tough and Texas has yet to prove they can beat OU. Texas will be Texas and will lose at least one of those three games.

9/10 at Ohio State Toughest game prior to bowl season

9/17 Rice

10/1 at Missouri

10/8 Oklahoma (in Dallas) Tough game - Stoops has Brown's number, but I thinkg Texas gets it done this year.

10/15 Colorado

10/22 Texas Tech This game will be tougher than most people expect.

10/29 at Oklahoma State

11/5 at Baylor

11/12 Kansas

11/25 at Texas A&M Texas' #1 rival, all bets are off - Tough game.

I'm a Texas fan, and I have serious questions regarding Texas' offense. If Vince gets hurt, the horns are done. I really question if Texas has a legitimate RB, for the first time in years. Selvin Young is quick, but injury prone, and has never carried the load. If Texas beats Ohio State, and If Vinces stays healthy, I see my beloved Horns getting their ass handed to them by USC. If Texas loses to Ohio State, but wins out and Ohio State looses twice, I see Texas in the Rose Bowl getting their ass handed to them by USC. If Vince Young gets hurt, Texas doesn't even win the Big 12 South, and will not get a BCS game.

I just look at that Oklahoma game and think, wow what a difference a year makes. That could end up being the bear trap for the Horns. I'm not sold on teh fact that Oklahoma is THAT bad, and you said it, Stoops has Browns number. It could be a game where at the end of the year, we'll look back and see that the better team lost. Look how many times it happened to Florida State vs Miami. FSU had the better team in many of those games, but it wasn't to be.

9/10 at Ohio State  Toughest game prior to bowl season

9/17 Rice

10/1 at Missouri

10/8 Oklahoma (in Dallas) Tough game - Stoops has Brown's number, but I thinkg Texas gets it done this year.

10/15 Colorado

10/22 Texas Tech This game will be tougher than most people expect.

10/29 at Oklahoma State

11/5 at Baylor

11/12 Kansas

11/25 at Texas A&M  Texas' #1 rival, all bets are off - Tough game.

I'm a Texas fan, and I have serious questions regarding Texas' offense.  If Vince gets hurt, the horns are done.  I really question if Texas has a legitimate RB, for the first time in years.  Selvin Young is quick, but injury prone, and has never carried the load.  If Texas beats Ohio State, and If Vinces stays healthy, I see my beloved Horns getting their ass handed to them by USC.  If Texas loses to Ohio State, but wins out and Ohio State looses twice, I see Texas in the Rose Bowl getting their ass handed to them by USC.  If Vince Young gets hurt, Texas doesn't even win the Big 12 South, and will not get a BCS game.

970927[/snapback]

I'm a UT grad, but you just KNOW they're gonna get ambushed by Mizzou as they look ahead to playing OK.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's the "Texas Classic" 11-1 season: steamroll the big ones on the sked but still find time to trip up to Southwest Oklahoma Poly A&I Tech - or whatever.

Beware of Kansas, Mangino might decide to put himself in on the o-line. He could block an entire 4 man rush!

by the way i am a hard core KU fan, but mangino is just huge. KU's defense might turn a couple head this year (an no i am not suggesting that they will beat texas, although they came pretty fricking close last year) :D

Big 12 Football just overrated every year

USC has been the best team in the nation for three years and after this year, will show itself to be the best college team ever assembled.

Enjoy the view.

Darcy

:D

I'm starting to think if and that's a big IF Texas can get by the Buckeyes in Columbus who can stop them on the path to the Rose Bowl??? Is there anyone that can beat them in the Big 12??? The answer is NO. I'm convinced that I'm watching at least part of the National Championship game next week in the shoe. I do believe my beloved Buckeyes are contenders but have alot more pot holes to the Roses than Texas. OSU must beat Iowa,Michigan,Texas and even Penn State will be a challenge at Happy Valley at night. WHO does Texas play that has a chance ???? Mizzo???? a broken Sooners??? A&M?????? I would say Texas beats OSU and they are Rose Bowl Bound beating OSU in the enviroment they are going to have to face is not going to be a easy task but IMO they win here in Columbus book the Horns to Pasadena to play USC. I have been to a few big games in the past such as Michigan vs OSU "95" in Ann Arbor probaly the biggest, but this I think by far will be the biggest game I have attended as a Buckeye fan because so much is rideing on the outcome!!!!!! The crowd is going to be electric and the Shoe can be down right deafening at night. The last night game I attended was OSU vs UCLA and at times I could not hear myself think. I would think it will be even louder Sat. night. I have not watch the Texas game yet but I have on DVR and the score was 60-3 "ouch" La Lafayette is probaly not as good as a MAC school but I'm looking forward to watching to see what Vince's arm looks like. Do you guys see anyone in the Big 12 stopping the Horns???? Mizzo????

966180[/snapback]

I would say that right now the toughest challenge Texas will face in the Big 12, would be Tech. Texas is lucky to have them in Austin this year, as UT has had hell in Lubbock the past few years. Tech will once again be putting up big numbers on offense, and they truely hate Texas. However, I would not count OU out yet. I have been to 25 Texas/OU games in the last 27 years. That is truley one of those games where a teams record has little barring on the outcome of the game. Especially since every year, the stadium will be split 1/2 Orange and 1/2 Red. Also, I would never count Stoops out of anything.

Big 12 Football just overrated every year

USC has been the best team in the nation for three years and after this year, will show itself to be the best college team ever assembled.

Enjoy the view.

Darcy

:D

974587[/snapback]

Im not so sure USC was the best team the last 2 yrs. Let alone this year. I know they got a piece of the hardware, but LSU was pretty darn good 2 yrs ago, and OU was ambushed last yr. USC won big, but the way that game played out, it was disappointing to the fans who expected a slugfest for 4 qtrs. had those same breaks gone the other way, OU could have easily won by 30. And Auburn a year ago was as good on defense as Ive seen in some time. Campbell and those 2 Rbs, could have given SC a nailbitter.

This yr I see SC losing the BCS game if it gets a team with a sound defense and SC actually has to make adjustments at halftime without Chow. Beating up the patsies of the Pac-10 should lead SC to the Rose Bowl rather easily, unless Notre Dame pulls the upset. But then they may be so far ahead in the BCS like OU was 2 yrs ago, they still get in the BCS game.

Edited by Clark Griswold

I would say that right now the toughest challenge Texas will face in the Big 12, would be Tech.  Texas is lucky to have them in Austin this year, as UT has had hell in Lubbock the past few years.  Tech will once again be putting up big numbers on offense, and they truely hate Texas.  However, I would not count OU out yet.  I have been to 25 Texas/OU games in the last 27 years.  That is truley one of those games where a teams record has little barring on the outcome of the game.  Especially since every year, the stadium will be split 1/2 Orange and 1/2 Red.  Also, I would never count Stoops out of anything.

977889[/snapback]

I would have to agree. Tech is online to be a South contender any year. Year before last they had a down right pitful defense; ranked 105th (guessing) or worse. Last year they finsihed ranked around 45th. If they improve this year say a 25th ranked D. The Big XII and the rest of the NCAA better take notice!!!! Leach has recruited some serious playmakers on Both sides of the ball. Praticually the whole team this year are juniors with several seniors as well. Just think Graham could possibly be a three year starter at Tech after Hodges is gone. And with his HS numbers that is downright scary........

If Tech can continue to average appx. 45pts per game and sport the 25th ranked D in Div 1-A, I say game on, Tech beats all comers.......JMO

OU's AD is a bafoon for lettling this guy(Leach) go!!!!!!!!!

Texas actually beat Tech 55-15 was it last year?? in Tech....I know the score was something close to that so I'm not too worried. This year everyone talks about Vince, but it's the defense that makes us a contender. Auburn's D coordinator showed what he can do against Ohio State and I'm anxious to see us against OU/A&M.....and whoever we get to play after that. I also agree that one of those games like Mizz or Tech might sneak up on us, but this is the best shot Texas is going to have to go all the way.

Texas actually beat Tech 55-15 was it last year?? in Tech....I know the score was something close to that so I'm not too worried. This year everyone talks about Vince, but it's the defense that makes us a contender. Auburn's D coordinator showed what he can do against Ohio State and I'm anxious to see us against OU/A&M.....and whoever we get to play after that. I also agree that one of those games like Mizz or Tech might sneak up on us, but this is the best shot Texas is going to have to go all the way.

986763[/snapback]

Your coach is a loser, he does not know how to win. I doubt someone can go from never winning a conference title at any level to being a NC coach in one swoop.

11/25 AT Texas A&M

Nuff said. Vince's chicken legs might get snapped in Reggie's last home game.

986646[/snapback]

I have no doubt that Vince has trouble sleeping at night, with thought of the vaunted Aggie defence. Lets see giving up 25 points to Clemson this year was actually not bad, considering the 41 points Utah laid on them last year, not to mention the 35 points Baylor scored on the ags. Oh and let us not forget that mighty effort against Tenn in the Cotten Bowl, bet the Vols were black n blue after that effort.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know fellas I said before OSU game and I'll say it now..I don't think anyone is left on the schedule that can beat Texas. They have the right look this year. OU is going to get crushed in the shootout this year. Aggies looked average against TSU and really Tech and Mizzo maybe...maybe give the Horns a game. Vince is the leader the Horns havve been looking for and the whole team has that swagger..the one that says we can't be beat. Texas Rose Bowl bound..I hope I'm wrong only because we still have only 1 loss and need Texas to lose at least 2 "which won't happen" but who knows.

Definitely agree the Aggie DEFENSE looked very average Thursday night. If they play that way against Texas Tech they are in big trouble. It seems like it has been a long time since the Aggie offense was carrying the team. Right now they are just going to have to try and flat out-score people.

Having said that I think we still give them a game at home vs Texas. They may have just been overlooking Texas St but they'll be up for the Horns.

I don't know fellas I said before OSU game and I'll say it now..I don't think anyone is left on the schedule that can beat Texas. They have the right look this year. OU is going to get crushed in the shootout this year. Aggies looked average against TSU and really Tech and Mizzo maybe...maybe give the Horns a game. Vince is the leader the Horns havve been looking for and the whole team has that swagger..the one that says we can't be beat. Texas Rose Bowl bound..I hope I'm wrong only because we still have only 1 loss and need Texas to lose at least 2 "which won't happen" but who knows.

1016782[/snapback]

Tht is because you are an idiot big 10 fan who figures that your team is the best until they are beaten and then that team is the best. :D