[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Koren Robinson

Outshined

An astounding move.  Taylor, Robinson M and Williamson evidently weren't getting it done, but that's contrary to what I've been reading about camp and pre-season.  :D

969313[/snapback]

From what I understand, Taylor has been excellent in camp, but MRob is already hurting (as usual) and Williamson has been a major disappointment who is a lot more raw than they realized. They're probably just looking for depth and maybe someone who can step into a #3 WR role.

IF...I say IF...Vikings are signing KRob to a 2 year deal....I would say(beyond me to think otherwise--although this is the Viqueens we are talking about...KRob, attorney, agent and the Vikings know something Joe Public doesn't....Hi my name is Koren R. and I'm a recovering Seahawk and alcoholic....I have 28 days sober...obviously Tice and the Vikings management can't say the same(being sober) by a move like this...

Hey I'm willing to give the guy another chance if the Viqueens and the NFL are willing------NOT! This guy never sees my roster again (after having him last year)..... :D:D:D

From what I understand, Taylor has been excellent in camp, but MRob is already hurting (as usual) and Williamson has been a major disappointment who is a lot more raw than they realized.  They're probably just looking for depth and maybe someone who can step into a #3 WR role.

969379[/snapback]

Taylor has looked good, better than people thought IMO.

MRob is always already hurting.

Williamson is totally raw. Caught <100 balls in 3 years of college. What/who did they think they were drafting?

Depth at the WR position comes with the pre-req that a WR can actually catch the ball, no?

I hate this on so many levels. Anyone want to make predictions on how long it takes before this mutt gets loaded downtown and lands his ass back in the pisstank? :D

I'm gonna go against the crowd and say this is a great move. Low risk / high reward. Look he's not really even going to be counted on to step into anything more than a 4th or 5th WR role. I'm sure he isn't going to be paid much either. If he gets his act cleaned up, the guy's got some talent. Look at what Travis Taylor has done for the Vikings already for their willingness to give him a chance. He's moved into the WR2 spot. And let's not forget what one former druggie named Cris Carter did when given a second chance. Sink or swim, this move really has no negative aspects to it IMHO.

I'm gonna go against the crowd and say this is a great move. Low risk / high reward. Look he's not really even going to be counted on to step into anything more than a 4th or 5th WR role. I'm sure he isn't going to be paid much either. If he gets his act cleaned up, the guy's got some talent. Look at what Travis Taylor has done for the Vikings already for their willingness to give him a chance. He's moved into the WR2 spot. And let's not forget what one former druggie named Cris Carter did when given a second chance. Sink or swim, this move really has no negative aspects to it IMHO.

969463[/snapback]

I hear ya screamin, Cap. I guess I am just of the opinion that the best case scenario does not justify the risk. The best all-around RB on the team is suspended for the season because he couldnt just say no and has cost the team yet again. I think the continued patience they have shown with the Whizz Kid and now this signing a known drunk(with bad hands) sends a dangerous message to the other players and could undermine efforts to have a more cohesive and successful team which is what they claimed they were going for when trading Moss.

And :D you for even mentioning Chris Carter and K Rob in the same post! :D

whats the biggie?

KoRo is a pain, but he is dangerous (ok, not only to opponents, but you got my point).

i read somewhere that his suspension is already done (can anyone confirm?) and aber every team has 5 WRs (healthy), so i dont think this a too awkward signing.

especially if you scan the available free agents, now that price is gone.

williamson seems to have disappointed the staff at bit.

969822[/snapback]

Where did you get this info?

They are not pushing into the starting lineup. They are taking his development slow, so he can gain confidence intead of throwing him into the fire. Last preseason game was his 1st working with the 1st team. A dissapointment is far, far from the truth.

:D

at the blind homerism of Capn...who's probably picked him up in every league he's in...

969920[/snapback]

Only one so far. And I was hesitant to drop Chris Henry to do so. Not that it matters because my top 4 WRs are so stellar (Walker, Clayton, Fitzgerald, and Stallworth). :D