[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

betting league

crispirons

Texans

Titans

Saints

Bucs

979787[/snapback]

hey big mike, thanks for the picks but the betting league is for betting league contestants only. there are 9 of us competing for top handicapper. appreciate the pics though. always good to see another perspective. feel free to comment on any of our picks and throw your 2 cents in whenever you want. members of the betting league this yr.

los gigantes (jewish princess)

dkf (marble floor man)

chavez (roger ebert jr.)

sacrebleu( mr. tie)

spain(goat humper)

robn (bears fan supreme)

swiss cheesehead(capt. fudge packer)

godtomsatan(newbie)

crispirons(reigning king)

Den -4.5 OVER Mia - ponies always perform just swell in the regular season, it's the postseason they stink in; and, oh yeah, always bet against the high-profile college coach

Cin -3.5 over Cle - generally, ANY rebuilding takes at least half a season to take hold; Bengals are loaded for bear, Browns are rebuilding

971373[/snapback]

1-1 in the early games; shoulda taken the under in the Chi/Was game. :doah:

six of you guys with philly tomorrow. lots of people losing ground on what looked like obvious choices in denver over miami and st louis over san fran. all beware, the weak looking home dog. a few of us lost on the fudge packers. nice effort against a qb that didn't look like he could win a pop warner game. anyway partial results:

los gigantes (jewish princess) 2-1 + philly

dkf (marble floor man) 2-1 +philly

chavez (roger ebert jr.) 1-2 +philly

sacrebleu( mr. tie)1-1-1 +philly. hello mr. tie

spain(goat humper) 1-2 + philly

robn (bears fan supreme)1-2 +philly

swiss cheesehead(capt. fudge packer)1-3

godtomsatan(newbie)3-1

crispirons(reigning king)3-1

obviously........swiss, godtom, and myself are hoping for a philly loss. everyone but swiss can be at least 50% if philly wins with josh and dkf having a shot at being tied for the lead after week 1.

Dammit...I was very close to picking Washington over Chicago and/or the under on that game. And, of course, my statement "I keep looking for a reason not to pick Denver over Miami" is kind of ironic. As crispy said, "beware the weak-looking home dog" -- especially in Week 1.

:D

Oh well. At least the Vikes looked just as bad as the Packers (with a worse defense).

lol....i think mr. tie sacrebleu has done it again.  played under 50 and wouldn't you know it.  he's lucky the raiders had to go for 2.  he's in the lead for the third tiebreaker already. :D

977394[/snapback]

:D

I can t beleive this.

I also just tied in 32 homers, which is a decimal scoring league, and this is my second time tying in that league :D

on the other hand I have only a vague memory (and I m not liking it) of what the 2nd tie breaker is. Something about superbowl prognostication?

well back to my frenchness, will be back in the US for MNF.

note to self and all others who look at the betting league threads: when you see a good portion of the members take one team, go the other way. :D

sorry robn for not clarifying with the over/under numbers. assumed everyone knew. my bad. btw, i pick alot of o/u's.

frenchie, nothing to do with the superbowl for tiebreakers. 1st, most wins...obviously. 2nd, least losses. 3rd, your lock, most tiebreakers. i think this will also help you with tiebreaker 2 theoretically. and fourth, a rundown of winning weeks by tied players. most 3-1,4-0 weeks wins.

email will be sent with new spreads shortly.

los gigantes (jewish princess)2-2

dkf (marble floor man)2-2

chavez (roger ebert jr.) 1-3

sacrebleu( mr. tie)1-2-1

spain(goat humper) 1-3

robn (bears fan supreme)1-3

swiss cheesehead(capt. fudge packer)1-3

godtomsatan(newbie)3-1

crispirons(reigning king)3-1

Well, the 1-3 in the first week is an improvement over the 0-4 collar I was wearing after week 1 last year....

In the interest of a good Packer season, I am going to use my Reverse-Mojo Powah on as many remaining Packer games as possible (this means "Chavez is picking against the Pack more often than not")