[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ohio State / Texas

ROCKNE

However, you fail to mention that OSU plays one of the toughest schedules in the country year in and year out as does Michigan which usually leaves one or both of them since they play each other with 1 or 2 losses...meanwhile overrated Florida teams , Texas, KSU play shucks for schedules and get up for 1 or 2 games and walk away in the title game. Think about it...does anyone want to play at Wisconsin..no..Minnesota can be decent, but add in Purdue and Iowa plus biggies with Michigan...and back in the day and soon to be again Penn State and that is one helluva conference schedule. the big 10 virtually eliminates itself from title contention each year....now the BUCKS add Texas, Miami in the past, and USC coming up.....sounds like suicide to your season to have to get up for every friekin game.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSU is over rated.  Texas is over rated.  Tressell is a lying cheat,  Brown is a gutless conservative.  But Texas did win a big game last yr vs Michigan, and they can do it again here.  Texas wins on the road.

978615[/snapback]

:D

Thats a perfect statement for OU or Pittsburg, but Texas will win the Big 12 and OSU will place 1 or 2 in the Big 10. OSU was ranked #9 to start the season, they should finish inside the top ten.........overrated? i think not. If anything OSU is underrated if you judge strickly off preseason polls. :D

However, you fail to mention that OSU plays one of the toughest schedules in the country year in and year out as does Michigan which usually leaves one or both of them since they play each other with 1 or 2 losses...meanwhile overrated Florida teams , Texas, KSU play shucks for schedules and get up for 1 or 2 games and walk away in the title game.  Think about it...does anyone want to play at Wisconsin..no..Minnesota can be decent, but add in Purdue and Iowa plus biggies with Michigan...and back in the day and soon to be again Penn State and that is one helluva conference schedule.  the big 10 virtually eliminates itself from title contention each year....now the BUCKS add Texas, Miami in the past, and USC coming up.....sounds like suicide to your season to have to get up for every friekin game.

979057[/snapback]

Please...Please...Please...don't talk when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Thats a perfect statement for OU or Pittsburg, but Texas will win the Big 12 and OSU will place 1 or 2 in the Big 10.  OSU was ranked #9 to start the season, they should finish inside the top ten.........overrated? i think not. If anything OSU is underrated if you judge strickly off preseason polls.  :D

979262[/snapback]

Hmm. IN the Big 10 the 2nd best record is #2, so that may be possible, considering Iowa and Michigan and a bunch of other over-rated teams form that conference. The Big 12, is clearly weak this yr, but I wouldnt put Mack Browns name on that trophy just yet as Big 12 Champs. he has never, ever won a conference title, and as pathetic as OU and A@M looked, I wouldnt be surprised if either of them or Texas Tech beat the Horns.

USC, Georgia, LSU, Va Tech, Miami, would all take them behind the woodshed, Maybe even Iowa, Tennesse, Fla St, and Notre Dame as well. Michigan has no defense, and Vince already showed he could shred them. I just don't see either of these 2 teams as good as their current ranking. I aint hatin, just my opinion.

So in reality OSU is over-rated, and Texas is over-rated. Neither deserve to be in the top 5 in my opinion, and both are currently.

Edited by Clark Griswold

OSU is over rated.  Texas is over rated.  Tressell is a lying cheat,  Brown is a gutless conservative.   But Texas did win a big game last yr vs Michigan, and they can do it again here.  Texas wins on the road.

978615[/snapback]

:D Don't hold back tell us how you really feel.

Edited by sacosud

OSU is over rated.  Texas is over rated.  Tressell is a lying cheat,  Brown is a gutless conservative.  But Texas did win a big game last yr vs Michigan, and they can do it again here.  Texas wins on the road.

978615[/snapback]

Finally, someone who knows what they are taling about. :D

It's too early to really tell which team is better, we will only find out by tonight's result. So many teams are over or under rated at this point it's tough to tell.

One thing we do know so far head to head this year

BIG XII 1-0

Big 10 0-1

BTW GMniners ... guess who was the last non-conference opponent to beat USC. Note they did it at home and at USC in back to back years.

Answer …

Kansas State Wildcats

Now Ohio State is making it look easy.

980999[/snapback]

The dynamic Smith gives this offense with Ginn and Holmes on the outside, makes this offense really difficult to stop.

Young is a F'ing STUD!! The D had better strap it on tight, this is going a DOOZY.

Prior to the game I was very noncommittal regarding this game, but with the exception of the trunovers Texas looks real good. If they can keep from turning the ball over again, or atleast keep from turning it over on their side of the field, I think they win the game. The INT was a stupid mistake by Vince, but I'm sure Mack has talked to him about that. While Smith is defintely a much better qb than the other OSU qb, he has had trouble keeping drives alive. If Texas can stop turning the ball over I can see them winning by 6 to 9 points. This is a great game.

What a piece of sh*t. #80 cheapshots the Texas CB in the back of the endzone pushing him into the cameras, then the dude is wide open in the endzone and drops a perfectly thrown ball not once, not twice, but three times.

And whats with #9 on the first series cheap shotting Young knocking his helmet off. Wasnt it last yr that one of the OSU LBs cheap shot the Wisconsin QB as well. Does Tresell teach this sh*t at the ohio St U. I knew he was a lying cheat, but is he really a lying cheat, cheapshot artist as well. :D

The story of this game is turnovers and field position thus far. 3 have turned into 9 pts, while Ginn and penalties have given OSU a short field practicaly every series.

Texas DL dropped an easy INT, and the fumble down in Texas territory ruled down could come back to bite the horns.

Excellent game thus far

Edited by Clark Griswold