[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ohio State / Texas

ROCKNE

Touchy Touchy are we. You reply as if I care about any of these schools. I don't. I also dont see it as a mental hex, but Mack getting outcoached by Stoops, and OU has clearly been more physical in this series which has contributed to 5 straight wins. Just because Texas beat up OSU tonight at the horseshoe even after trying to give the game away 3 times inside their 35, doesnt mean they can break through in Dallas. Though Im glad because they now have beaten your team, you think they will now cakewalk everyone else. :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Hookem Horns :D

Great game OSU fans!! I think you guys need to stick with the passing QB during the clutch for now though. That fumble he had was just a nice hit but he did make some nice reads last night. Nice D OSU and I was impressed with your kicker even though he missed the long one. How about that kickoff that almost went through the back of the endzone? I thought it was going to go into the stands!!!!!

Im worried about the OU game for obvious reasons but the A&M game scares the heck out of me this year. I think Texas will handle Tech np.

We have no one to blame but ourselves!!! 3 turnovers and no touchdowns!!!! It was heart breaking!!!! I had a great time all the way up to the frigging end of the game!!!! We just have to strap it up and get ready for San Diego State and then Penn State. Life will go on and so will the Buckeyes, Go Bucks. Give the Texas defense some credit they flat just stopped us. I have no voice and literally sore all over. The crowd in the south endzone gave it all we had from the first play to the last we screamed our heads off. Texas played lights out and won in a hostile enviroment. OSU is done for the Rose Bowl with a loss by the Hawkeyes and Wolves will be very difficult to get back in the race. I know later down the road I'll look back and really appreciate what a great game I witnessed but right now....I'll just say congrats to Texas. You have 2 things you can do pack it up or Buckeye up....Go BUCKS.

OSU fans shouldn't be to worried at this point.  It's early and there's time to climb the polls.  I honestly don't know if there's anyone besides USC who will run the table this year.  Should end up being another BCS disaster for us all to b*itch about.

981858[/snapback]

That USC/ND game is looking hugh right now though. If OSU runs the table they'll be right there in the BCS hunt.

That was the best OSU game i've seen since Tempe with Miami. You lose some , you win some.

Needless to say, Texas won the respect of everyone in the country last night. Great program and great QB.

Touchy Touchy are we.  You reply as if I care about any of these schools.  I don't.  I also dont see it as a mental hex, but Mack getting outcoached by Stoops, and OU has clearly been more physical in this series which has contributed to 5 straight wins.  Just because Texas beat up OSU tonight at the horseshoe even after trying to give the game away 3 times inside their 35, doesnt mean they can break through in Dallas.  Though Im glad because they now have beaten your team, you think they will now cakewalk everyone else.  :D

981580[/snapback]

No, your uninformed comment about Ohio State being over-rated is stupid. If you came out of that game thinking that way, you don't know what the heck you're talking about. Texas beat up OSU and tried to give the game away? :D That's downright asinine. The defense created those turnovers; and Ohio State had turnovers of its own as well.

Ohio State will likely be back in the BCS by the end of the year. Count on it.

We have no one to blame but ourselves!!! 3 turnovers and no touchdowns!!!! It was heart breaking!!!! I had a great time all the way up to the frigging end of the game!!!! We just have to strap it up and get ready for San Diego State and then Penn State. Life will go on and so will the Buckeyes, Go Bucks. Give the Texas defense some credit they flat just stopped us. I have no voice and literally sore all over. The crowd in the south endzone gave it all we had from the first play to the last we screamed our heads off.  Texas played lights out and won in a hostile enviroment. OSU is done for the Rose Bowl with a loss by the Hawkeyes and Wolves will be very difficult to get back in the race. I know later down the road I'll look back and really appreciate what a great game I witnessed but right now....I'll just say congrats to Texas. You have 2 things you can do pack it up or Buckeye up....Go BUCKS.

981757[/snapback]

A man with class.

Wasn't around the forums this weekend.....just wanted to say Nice Game!

Sort of ugly.....but both teams came to play hard. Nice fans.....you guys are welcome here in C-Bus anytime! :D This game could have gone either way right down to the wire....a foot here, a TD there......it was great to see two top-ranked teams that BOTH came to play for a change. :D

Tough loss.....and it will still be a great season.....but I'm already looking forward to the rematch next year!

Great show Texas! :D

Edited by SteelBunz

Why is that, cause I call em like I see em.  I mean theohiosucks ripped several schools for being over-rated, but refuses to admit his team ranked 4 isnt.

984214[/snapback]

After my beloved Wolverines embarassed me I was really rooting for Texas. You say Texas beat up the Opraheyes. It was a great game and I'm glad Texas won, heck I picked them to win but they didn't beat up anyone. They won a close game. Nothing I saw made me think Ohio State was overrated unless you want to argue that Texas ain't that great.

• 4 weeks later...
Lost my vocal cords tonight in the Horseshoe, for nothing. :D

The defense played their hearts out. Hawk, Carpenter and Schlegel were beasts and did something not many teams have done; contain VY and the running game. He did have a solid day through the air, but Texas as a team rushed for 95 yds and the D forced 3 turnovers including 2 VY ints. A good chunk of Texas' offense came through big pass plays.

Unfortunately, the offense didn't do squat with the opportunities presented to them. 6 FG attempts ain't gonna cut it. Zwick and Smith are both ok QBs who didn't have it in them to make ONE play when the team needed it the most. Fumble on first play of last drive; safety in the end zone by hanging on too long, throwing right into defenders' chests deep inside own territory.. :D

And now I learn VY is a junior. I don't want to play against this guy again, ever; esp. at their place. If we still have our two-headed QB deal going next year, we'll get crushed. :D

Big props overall to Texas. They were the better team and deserved to win. VY is awesome.Oklahoma will get annihilated this year by the Horns.

981561[/snapback]

Guess I was on the right track abt Okla., until they fooled me last week. :D