[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The renegade drafter

whomper

Does anyone have this guy in their league? You never know what he is going to do and he picks somewhat against the norm . Well ours was true to form again in my main local last night. He has the 5th pick in a 12 team league I have the 7. He takes Moss with his first Pick at 5 I take Edge at 7. OK Moss at 5 im fine with. Top notch wr not an odd choice at all..On the way back up I take Portis in the 2nd and he takes Marvin in the 2nd. I see what he is doing. Still not a bad off the wall pick. Hes going top wr heavy and hes gonna take a chance on some tier 2 or rookie rbs. Round 3 is when he dropped the hammer on me. It gets back to him on the way down and im pretty sure he is gonna grab a rb here. Im set at starting rb and ready to pounce on Javon Walker since the guy with the 6 pick in between us is sitting next to me and I know he is taking Mcnabb. The guy at 5 takes Walker. His first 3 picks Moss, Harrison, and Walker. Awesome wr corps no doubt but left him pretty thin at back. He ended up with William Green and Ronnie Brown. Instead of Walker in the 3rd I took Horn. Our scoring is TD oriented with 1 pt rushing/ Rec starting at 40 yds getting a point every 20. 6 points per rush/ rec td. Eh who knows maybe hes a genius and im just bitter about losing Walker.

I had a guy in our 12 team local drafted 7th and he took 3 RB's to start off with and then went QB's on his next 2 picks?? That was a very strange start and our scoring is similiar to yours but it is 1 point per 25 rush/rec and 1 per 50 passing. He is very weak at WR and I picked first and still got LT, KJ, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith with my first 4 picks. I had to take Plummer in the 5th to have a QB though since it is a QB heavy drafting league with our scoring system. just as an FYI here is his roster after drafting 7th:

Vick

Losman

Delhomme

J Jones

Westbrook

C Martin

Evans

Calico

Moulds

Gardner

Bryant

Northcutt

K Campbell

So you can see his WR's are very weak, 2 from the same team and probably his best 2, and even the 3 RB's and 2 QB's he took early weren't the greatest. I bet he ends up winning the league though :D

I also sense a little hostility since you didn't get Walker as well, but he does have 3 studs at WR and is very very weak at RB

Edited by T_bone65

Had a guy with 12'th pick that took with Moss/Owens on the swing and then traded his next 2 picks for 2.09 and got Holt there. So he has what I considered the top 3 WR's all on his team.

We play 2RB/2WR or 1RB/3WR. I think I know what formation he's gonna go with most weeks.

His RB's were all RBBC guys so he is definitely hurting there.

We are TD heavy so I'm not sure how this is gonna work out for him. Should be interesting though.

I did this last year and won a lot of money. The scoring system gave TE's .2 pt/yd and 9 points for a TD. I took Gonzo with the 11th pick and Manning at 14... there was much laughter when I picked Gonzo... he wound up scoring #2 behind Manning. The WR heavy team may be unbalanced, but you can get a lot for them in a trade. I think it's cool when a pick is made that goes against conventional logic. Cheatsheet lemming teams all look about the same.

Edited by Thews40

not a renegade but this year at my local, my brother was so f'ing drunk it was hilarious :D

he was spitting out so much useless info it was the funniest Athena i've ever heard, no one could make a single pick without an indepth analysis, and the scary part , is the info. was quite accurate.

i don't know how he managed to even fill his roster positions, but he did.

had to call his wife to come pick him up :D

the draft was 4 weeks ago, but when someone picked T.Bell in the 2nd, and he got Anderson in the 11th, he was talking Athena about it the whole night, funny how things have worked out

had a guy in my twelve team also take qb, wr, wr, wr before taking any rb's.

973015[/snapback]

There's one guy in the league I commish who drafts like this every year. I can't be TOO critical because he's won the league 2 times in the last 8 years. It's like he CAN'T do a conventional-strategy draft. It makes for an interesting draft every year just to see what this guy will do!!

had a guy in my twelve team also take qb, wr, wr, wr before taking any rb's.

973015[/snapback]

I did that lasy year with Culpepper-Harrison-S Moss-A Johnson.

Week 5 traded Johnson for Burlson which worked out great.

My RB's stunk, although I turned up Nick GOings late in the year.

Missed the playoffs by 1/2 a game (had a tie). It was my highest scoring fantasy team EVER.

This year? RB-WR-RB-RB. Old school.