[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFFL Online Draft Sucked

Mjbdisc

We held a live online draft last night on myfantasyleague.com and it was the most miserable experience ever. we switched over because so many huddlers claimed this site is the best. well the support staff is responsive but last night soured everybody. the computer kept freezing, it was difficult to select players because they are only listed alphabetically and not by rankings, I literally had to undo 15 picks because people were getting frozen out. Now our group wants to return to yahoo which say what you will never has any issues with the draft. Anybody else have similar issues?

We just drafted through CBScportsline and I found it to be awesome. That is my first online draft and it is very easy and has the players ranked by how they finished last year in our league scoring system which I thkn helps a little bit as well.

Not a big fan of MFL drafting feature. Yes you have your draft list for when it's your turn to draft, but if you want to preselect your draft list is not there and you have to search for players and that's a pain. Makes you not want to preselect.

Wench I believe you had a problem in GVE with preselects?

Always have used Yahoo for my local league, mainly because it's free and most of my league mates barely can get the $50 entry fee together. These are my relatives also and Yahoo seems to be very user friends especially for computer newbies or those not on as much as us.

I have only used MFL and I’ve never had any problems.  Why would you want the site to rank the players – wouldn’t that cut down on the number of stupid picks people make because they haven’t done their research?  :D

972601[/snapback]

good point

When you have 90 seconds to pick, its nice to have some sort of default rankings especially later in the draft.

but that was just a minor issue. the system wouldnt stay open at all times so people were getting frozen out of the room which forced me to pause the time and undo picks on numerous occasions. my head still hurts from all problems we had. we had people just stop picking because they were so fed up with getting kicked off the draft page. it really was that damm bad.

We held a live online draft last night on myfantasyleague.com and it was the most miserable experience ever.  we switched over because so many huddlers claimed this site is the best.  well the support staff is responsive but last night soured everybody.  the computer kept freezing, it was difficult to select players because they are only listed alphabetically and not by rankings, I literally had to undo 15 picks because people were getting frozen out.  Now our group wants to return to yahoo which say what you will never has any issues with the draft.  Anybody else have similar issues?

972506[/snapback]

Not sure what the issues were, but I've used mfl.com for years and have never experienced anything like what you've described, either in live draft or any other mode.

The mfl.com guys do site maintenance at times (usually very late at night), and I suppose that could have been an issue. On the other hand, this week is probably one of the busiest of the year for myfantasyleague, and perhaps they had a huge number of leagues all drafting at the same time. :D

By the way, what is "difficult" about selecting players that are listed alphabetically? If I want Rod Smith, I scroll down to Smith, Rod, pick, boom.

When you have 90 seconds to pick, its nice to have some sort of default rankings especially later in the draft. 

972752[/snapback]

I presume the 90 second clock was the reason you had to undo so many picks. Not jumping on you here, but setting up a live draft to skip a pick or do an autopick after 90 seconds is simply not a good idea. People lose connections or get called away, the server can slow down at times, etc. Sounds like that was a huge part of your problem.

Besides this, if you're going to require people to pick in 90 seconds, they had better well have their complete rankings (up to however many rounds they're drafting) right at hand. Depending on the software to tell people who they should pick in the later rounds of a live draft is another way to set yourself up for trouble.

I turned the timer off at times but without the timer, the draft takes forever. You guys can nitpick about things we could have done but the bottom line is their server was unable for whatever reason to support a live draft. We never had a single problem in 5 years using yahoo's draft. When we all get booted off the system and then have trouble logging on time after time, well there is something seriously wrong with the MFL system that needs to be addressed. I don't know if my experience was an aberration, hopefully it was.

I turned the timer off at times but without the timer, the draft takes forever.  You guys can nitpick about things we could have done but the bottom line is their server was unable for whatever reason to support a live draft.  We never had a single problem in 5 years using yahoo's draft.  When we all get booted off the system and then have trouble logging on time after time, well there is something seriously wrong with the MFL system that needs to be addressed.  I don't know if my experience was an aberration, hopefully it was.

972904[/snapback]

Sorry your draft at MFL was messed up. I can't agree with you though. There is nothing seriously wrong with MFL. If anything, you experienced performance issues. It happens, especially this time of season.

I suggest you take your feedback over to MFL's support board. That's where it should be. Hope you have a next time at MFL because it really is a good site.

I have used MFL for years and have never had a complaint...EVER.

Until last night.

Our draft was a nightmare for over an hour (Somewhere between 7 and 9 pm central).

The bottom 'picking' window couldn't process stuff before the top part automatically refreshed.

If you logged out, it was impossible to get back in.

I couldn't get it to show anything other than QB's for a while.

This affected every member of our league, regardless of computer speed.

After a while everything worked fine, but our 2 1/2 hour draft lasted almost 4.

Not a big fan of MFL drafting feature.    Yes you have your draft list for when it's your turn to draft, but if you want to preselect your draft list is not there and you have to search for players and that's a pain.  Makes you not want to preselect. 

Wench I believe you had a problem in GVE with preselects?

Always have used Yahoo for my local league, mainly because it's free and most of my league mates barely can get the $50 entry fee together.  These are my relatives also and Yahoo seems to be very user friends especially for computer newbies or those not on as much as us.

972705[/snapback]

I didn't preselect anyone in GvE and I recall a couple people having problems with it but I think they were problems of people unexpectedly falling to them.

I agree with Big Talker - I think the problem here was the 90 seconds - you do need a timer in a live online draft but I think having a 3 minute timer would have solved the problem.

MFL just wrote me back and they admitted that their server was overloaded last night and offered us a full refund.  So, that's definitely cool of them and I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that last night's debacle was just an abberation.

973144[/snapback]

:D

The myfantasyleague guys are very cool. And I agree--based on my long track record with their service--that last night was indeed an aberration. Sorry you and your league mates had a bad first experience.

I would suspect part of the problem last night is that so many leagues all drafted at the same time and overloaded the servers. If there is something I know about, it is how difficult it can be when sudden peak demand overloads the system.

I have about 8 leagues on MF and I have never had a problem with any of them. But I have never drafted this late in the summer at MFL either.