[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would I be completely stupid?

1stimer

I have 3 decent RB's ... E James, J Jones, and A Green

I know a lot of people are down on Green this year and a lot of people were down on Martin last year. I know he has issues going on outside football and all, but at least he does not have a court case hanging over his head.

Here is my dilema ... Green has a history of going off his first game of the year ...

9/13/04 @ CAR 33/119 2td and 2rec/-3yds and 1 additional td

9/07/03 v. MIN 15/53 2td and 7rec/62 yds

9/08/02 v. ATL 27/155 and 6rec/42 yds

9/09/01 v. DET 17/157 2td and 3rec/20 yds

That is a heck of an average for first game of the year. James has a tough matchup with BAL and Jones is going against a not quite as stout but definitely decent SD D.

Would I be completely insane giving Green a shot to do what he has done in the past? Between James and Jones, I would probably sit James although I am not sure. A lot of yards and td's sound really good though if Green would keep up his trend.

I'm in the same boat with James, R. Johnson, and McAllister.

As of now I am starting McAllister and Johnson. Could change by Sunday but probably not.

You will hear the Don't Bench Your Studs theory on this one, but your not benching your studs because you have 3 of them. No matter what you have to bench a stud. Now you are benching your overall #1 pick, but you would have been a fool to pick one of the other STUDS #1.

I really like Green this weekend and if healthy, for the year as a solid starter. I just don't know which of the other two to bench this week. I'd probably bench Jones myself. If you can't start Green against Detroit, who ARE you going to start him against? You will have plenty of opportunities to bench him the rest of the year. Take a peak at the Pack's schedule outside of the division...

I'd go with James and Jones.

Be careful about trying to play match-ups during the first 3 or 4 weeks of the season. Team defenses change considerably year-to-year even if the personnel don't change that much. It often takes a few weeks for defenses to show their true colors.

I'd play James and Jones for at least a month (barring injury of course) before I started thinking about match-ups.