[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

parker and green

She-Rocks

who else thinks that willie parker is this years william green? last year green came bustin out of the gate, only to stall by mid season...all this talk about parker - is it just hype?

i did pick him up in my friendly (aka non paying) league but am not starting him (got dillon and lt).

also a dink that they are both "willys"

I haven't heard a lot of Buzz on Parker yet. I hear he's got skills, but will he still be playing

much once Deuce and Jerome are back? if so, then you've got something.

somehow I doubt it though. I didn't see anything in preseason that said the team was

considering starting him over their two bruisers from last year (before they were injured)

but what do I know?

Green has had alot of off field issues going on, Parker does not.

Parker has a better surrounding cast vs Green

If Parker can have a great week 1 and Bus/Staley still not ready, Cowher will stay with him until 1 of the 2 are healthy enough to spell him.

If Parker struggles, Haynes is there to step in until 1 of 2 gets healthy.

From what I have seen so far, Parker is in the right situation to make a big splash, can he maintain in the near future against better defenses?

with the steelers oline.. theres no reason why he cant break off a 40 yd run or two a game and be productive throughout. if you watch the steelers as much as i do, you will see that there are often huge holes to bust through. bettis is too slow to get to them before they close at times.. and when he does get through he can only go 20 yds max before someone catches him. duce is better and has some breakaway capabilities.. parker was looking very good this preseason at finding the holes and shooting through them faster then anyone i have seen. another dimension parker brings to the oline is his ability to turn the corner and run sideline to sideline.. he is fast enough to get there, again something you dont really see from duce or bettis. if he can get past the corner, it could be a foot race which he will win.

with the steelers oline..  theres no reason why he cant break off a 40 yd run or two a game and be productive throughout.  if you watch the steelers as much as i do, you will see that there are often huge holes to bust through.  bettis is too slow to get to them before they close at times..  and when he does get through he can only go 20 yds max before someone catches him.  duce is better and has some  breakaway capabilities..  parker was looking very good this preseason at finding the holes and shooting through them faster then anyone i have seen.  another dimension parker brings to the oline is his ability to turn the corner and run sideline to sideline..  he is fast enough to get there, again something you dont really see from duce or bettis.  if he can get past the corner, it could be a foot race which he will win.

979692[/snapback]

thats what im talking bout....from what ive seen/heard there seems to be alot of hype surrounding him, but i havent seen any of the games ~ so didnt know for sure....thanks for the local insight!