[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tight Ends vs. O.K. Wide Recivers

joeyb7

I'm in a 12 team league that does not require a TE, instead they're simply interchangable with WR's if you wish.

In my league WR's are receiving 8 points per TD, vs. RB's at 6, and I found that I was able to draft crumpler and heap when the WR's were getting thin.

Will either of them put up points that would surpass or equal mid to lower tier recivers such as a kevin curtis, tyrone calico, reggie williams - you get my drift?

I'm not sure if I should start either of them over a B. lloyd, B. Engram, etc.

Thanks

Edited by joeyb7

I'm in a league that does the same thing and I understand your dilema....I think Lloyd would be your best bet here...49ers will be behind early and often and will have to throw so someone has to get it....Lloyd will score probably some cheap TD's but who cares how....I think he has a better upside than either TE you mentioned...hope that helps....good luck.

Take a look at various projections and past performances for your answer. Look at Crumpler, for example - 750 yards and 6 TDs last year? All mid-tier WRs (and most WRs that are draftable) have higher upside than that.

I think I'd probably lean towards mid tier WR then second or third tier TEs. Unless you have Gonzo, Witten and Clark like seminoles did. Crumpler is probably worth taking a risk but with not as much consistency you may find with some mid level WRs.