[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ten is Toughest Conference?!?

Primetime9287

Lets just say Young made an ill advised throw, and the fumble was the RB dropping the ball, not a forced turnover, but the end result is OSU had the rock deep in Texas territory 3 times and couldnt put it in the endzone and lost as a result.

982536[/snapback]

Once again, turnovers are forced. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that, unless it is so blatantly obvious (Neil O'donnels 2 INT's in Super Bowl XXX). Give the Ohio STate defense some credit ( I know Vince Young will as it will easily be the best defense he will have seen all year long) they played very well and shut the Horn offense down for 3 quarters of the game pretty much. Vince Young is a great player, and made the plays at the end and Texas won the game. Sorry if you're too biased to see that the game was close, and both teams made great plays on both sides of the ball.

2 of the 3 turnovers were blantently obvious. Young could have easily taken the sack, and refused too, instead throwing the ball in the middle of the field. Odennelesque. The fumble was a bad handoff from the QB to RB, again, nothing really to do with OSU.

The only thing that shut the Horns offense down was those 3 turnovers. The first and 4th qtr, they scored literally at will, going up 10-0, and then finishing the game with the final 12 points.

I know the game was close, but it wasnt as much to do with OSU, but Texas miscues. Like I said before Texas scored the 1st 10 pts of the game, and the final 12, 17 if you count the pathetic call on the 270lb RB scoring at the end which he obviously broke the plane, that was ruled who knows what. That led to a safety one play later. And had 2 miscue turnovers inside their 20 that led to 6 pts, and stalled 2 texas drives in the 2nd and 3rd qtr. I just dont see OSU as being equal to Texas, and there are no homer glasses here, I am no Texas fan, thats for sure. I just saw they kept giving OSU opportunities to stay in the game, and then they had to play defense themselves to bail out their miscues. The Texas D is the least talked about unit of the game, and they gave up fewer pts and 130 less yds than the so called vaunted OSU D everyone keeps raving about. I think the Texas D outplayed the OSU D. They continually stopped OSU inside thier 20, forcing FGs, while OSU simply gave up the leading TD in the last 2 minutes instead of holding Texas to a FG.

Edited by Clark Griswold

2 of the 3 turnovers were blantently obvious.  Young could have easily taken the sack, and refused too, instead throwing the ball in the middle of the field.  Odennelesque.  The fumble was a bad handoff from the QB to RB, again, nothing really to do with OSU. 

The only thing that shut the Horns offense down was those 3 turnovers.  The first and 4th qtr, they scored literally at will, going up 10-0, and then finishing the game with the final 12 points.

I know the game was close, but it wasnt as much to do with OSU, but Texas miscues.  Like I said before Texas scored the 1st 10 pts of the game, and the final 12, 17 if you count the pathetic call on the 270lb RB scoring at the end which he obviously broke the plane, that was ruled who knows what. That led to a safety one play later.  And had 2 miscue turnovers inside their 20 that led to 6 pts, and stalled 2 texas drives in the 2nd and 3rd qtr.  I just dont see OSU as being equal to Texas, and there are no homer glasses here, I am no Texas fan, thats for sure.  I just saw they kept giving OSU opportunities to stay in the game, and then they had to play defense themselves to bail out their miscues.  The Texas D is the least talked about unit of the game, and they gave up fewer pts and 130 less yds than the so called vaunted OSU D everyone keeps raving about.  I think the Texas D outplayed the OSU D.  They continually stopped OSU inside thier 20, forcing FGs, while OSU simply gave up the leading TD in the last 2 minutes instead of holding Texas to a FG.

983799[/snapback]

Is this guy serious? How could anyone watch this game and NOT be impressed with Ohio State's linebackers? They have to be the best group of linebackers of the last 10 years. They were continually in the backfield, stopping Yound, hitting Yound, hurrying passes, etc. After the initial butterly filled first series where young ran for 50-some yards, how many more yards did the vaunted QB run for? That's right, 25 yards. The best running qb in all of college football had 25 yards two ints and caused a fumble. Yes he threw for 270 yards. So what. He was 4-12 on 3rd down and 0-1 on fourth down. So much for "shredding" the OSU D. If you can't see that this was a truly great game that someone had to lose, and that both of these teams are going to be VERY good this year, you are not a college football fan.

BTW, that had to be some of the most conservative playcalling I have ever seen. I thought OSU was supposed to be opening up this year??

I didnt say I wasnt impressed with OSU's linebackers, or even DL, its the rest of their team that I think is average at best. Texas who I cant stand either outplayed this defense, or the OSU offense was offensive. I'll let you decide.

Great game regardless. I think there will be some SEC battles this yr that are as good, and I hope a certain ACC game is as well. Notre Dame vs USC should also be spectacular at Notre Dame.

I didnt say I wasnt impressed with OSU's linebackers, or even DL, its the rest of their team that I think is average at best.  Texas who I cant stand either outplayed this defense, or the OSU offense was offensive.  I'll let you decide.

Great game regardless.  I think there will be some SEC battles this yr that are as good, and I hope a certain ACC game is as well.  Notre Dame vs USC should also be spectacular at Notre Dame.

984001[/snapback]

I think the OSU playcalling was offensive. If they will not pick a QB and stick with him, and try to get the WRs (two of the best in the game atm in my opinion) into the gameplan, they will not win the Big 10, let alone have a shot at a BCS bowl. I also think the losses in the Big 10 will hurt their chances at any championship hopes they might have had. Unless Michigan and Iowa only lose to OSU for the remainder of the games.

edit to add: the Notre Dame - USC game should be one to watch!!

Edited by BLAH!