[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cedric Benson

enigma

The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Cedric Benson practiced in a light work out this morning. I'm hoping to get some more insight on how much playing time he might actually have since different sources mention anywhere from a few reps to 10 plus reps. Has anyone living in the Chicago area heard any new sound bytes about Bensons' playing time ?

Thanks

The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Cedric Benson practiced in a light work out this morning. I'm hoping to get some more insight on how much playing time he might actually have since different sources mention anywhere from a few reps to 10 plus reps.  Has anyone living in the Chicago area heard any new sound bytes about Bensons' playing time ? 

Thanks

980798[/snapback]

Hearing the same stuff here in Chicago. I wouldn't expect too much the first week unless Da Bears are getting blown out. Then again, getting blown out is a very good possibilty for Chicago.

I think this week the ratio will be 3:1, with Jones getting the work.

Jones is underrated and has had agreat pre-season, tho PS doesnt mean much.

From what I know there is concern with Benson blocking.....

Tough match-up for CHI this week but Jones should put up decent #'s, esp if you are rewarded for receptions.

Draw your own conclusions, but I doubt he'll get > 10 carries this week:

• 10SEP05 Daily Southtown on Cedric Benson: Bears RB Cedric Benson practiced with the first string at times on Friday and it seems likely he'll get some carries in Sunday's game, but coach Lovie Smith has not confirmed that Benson will play against the Redskins.

• 09SEP05 Chicago Tribune : Coach Lovie Smith remained as elusive as the Bears hope Cedric Benson and whoever returns kickoffs and punts can be. For the second straight day, Smith refused to divulge how much Benson would play, although the rookie RB will be placed on the active roster. Benson took reps with the second-team offense again at Thursday's practice. "I think he's getting closer," Smith said. "Anyone who is on the 45 [-man active roster], we feel like they're ready to play and help us. We feel a lot better about him right now than we did earlier."

• 08SEP05 Chicago Daily Herald on Cedric Benson: Don't expect to see too much of Bears rookie running back Cedric Benson on Sunday. With Kyle Orton at the controls, it's a safe bet the Washington Redskins will send blitz after blitz. Putting Benson on the field too much could get Orton pummeled because the rookie running back may not have enough experience in blitz pickup and pass protection. Benson is listed third on the depth chart, although he ran some plays with the No. 2 offense at Wednesday's practice. He will be physically able to carry the ball if the Bears want to give starter Thomas Jones a rest. No decision on his playing time has been made public.