[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh Priest owners. . .

CaptainHook

Fantasy owners who are relying on Priest to carry their otherwise-mediocre squads are going to be in trouble this season. Priest will put up very solid numbers, there's no way that he'll repeat 2003. LJ out-performed Priest not only yesterday, but during the pre-season as well. I wouldn't be surprised if LJ got close to 200 carries this season.

You people are slipping. 9 carries to 22 carries and this is the first time that's been pointed out in this thread? I may have to look elsewhere for fantasy help. :D

If Holmes has 22 carries a game over 16 and LJ has 9 a game over 16 I'll bet you a free memebership that when the season's done Homes stats will be 2.4 times better than LJ's.

Edited by Clubfoothead

You people are slipping.  9 carries to 22 carries and this is the first time that's been pointed out in this thread?  I may have to look elsewhere for fantasy help.   :D

If Holmes has 22 carries a game over 16 and LJ has 9 a game over 16 I'll bet you a free memebership that when the season's done Homes stats will be 2.4 times better than LJ's.

984093[/snapback]

couldn't agree more......I think

Edited by sarge5121976

What a great problem for the Chiefs to have.Priest is rock solid and Johnson looks like a gamebreaker to me.I think the bigger storyis the vaunted Chiefs defense shutting down the Jets. :D

984152[/snapback]

Well just about as equal as importance. The chiefs have a lame defense though and the Jets Offense was just out of sync :D

Edited by Hat Trick

I was amazed when I saw the burst by LJ.  He was GONE.  Priest was the man, but move over, here comes the future. 

God I hate seeing the changing of the guard..........

Emmitt, Terrell Davis, Faulk, Priest, LT,,,,,,whose next? :D

984980[/snapback]

Priest did essentially the same thing on the play before, except breaking more tackles as I remember to get there, allowing the safeties to get to him. There is no changing of the guard there, IMO. The reports of Priest Holmes demise are greatly overblown, IMO. Yes, he could get injured, no doubt. So could any other back in the league, and most do every year for a while. I'd say, considering the cuts that Johnson makes, that he might be inclined to get injured with more work and exposure. People are mortgaging their teams, proposing these hysterical trades, to grab LJ after one nice week. I'll bet you that this week will be one of his best 3 weeks of the year this year. I certainly hope so...as you can tell I am a Priest apologist... :D

Priest did essentially the same thing on the play before, except breaking more tackles as I remember to get there, allowing the safeties to get to him. There is no changing of the guard there, IMO. The reports of Priest Holmes demise are greatly overblown, IMO.

985007[/snapback]

I don't think that anybody's saying that Priest is headed for a sharp decline this season. But what is evident is that LJ is also prospering in that system (even out-performing Priest yesterday), so there's no reason to give a 32-year-old Priest coming off of a knee injury 30 carries per game. LJ will probably average 10 carries per game for the rest of the season... and possibly even more in December. That doesn't reflect negatively on Priest as a football player, but LJ's presence will ensure that Priest won't completely dominate fantasy leagues this season.

When they are breaking down game film, they'll look at the three TD's, and pretty much understand when it comes to crunch time, and if everything else is equal--Priest's TD, where he was basically stopped but still fought his way into the end zone, is the type of runner they'll need down the road.

*written by a Priest owner*--with objectivity :D

When they are breaking down game film, they'll look at the three TD's, and pretty much understand when it comes to crunch time, and if everything else is equal--Priest's TD, where he was basically stopped but still fought his way into the end zone, is the type of runner they'll need down the road.

*written by a Priest owner*--with objectivity :D

985243[/snapback]

That run was awesome. :nonpriestowner:

Fantasy owners who are relying on Priest to carry their otherwise-mediocre squads are going to be in trouble this season.  Priest will put up very solid numbers, there's no way that he'll repeat 2003.  LJ out-performed Priest not only yesterday, but during the pre-season as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if LJ got close to 200 carries this season.

984055[/snapback]

Obviously you wern't lucky enough(or smart enough) to draft Holmes! :D Whom are you trying to convince? :D

You people are slipping.  9 carries to 22 carries and this is the first time that's been pointed out in this thread?  I may have to look elsewhere for fantasy help.  :D

984093[/snapback]

I'm trying to think of a way to quantify this bet - yds? TDs? ratio of TDs to carries? not sure exactly, but if we can agree on a means, I want this bet.

I would not think that the report of LJ's domestic disturbance on Saturday night (especially considering his current state of probation from last year's) would sit too well with Vermeil. He is a big character guy, and Priest is definitely one of his guys. I know in the big picture, it probably will have little to no real affect, but I'm sure Vermeil keeps track of that kind of stuff.

Looking down the road, all things considered, in a close ball game with the game on the line, I'd look far more for Holmes than LJ. I don't think the ratio will play into that situation during crunch time.