[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Of the "suprise" TEs

Monsters Of The Midway

Chris Baker (NYJ)

Marcus Pollard (DET)

Ben Troupe (TEN)

Ben Watson (NE)

Courtney Anderson (OAK)

Ernie Conwell (NO)

Alex Smith (TB)

I'm sure at least a couple of these guys are available in quite a few leagues. How would you guys rank them and should any of them be considered a top 10 TE for the rest of the season?

Chris Baker (NYJ)

Marcus Pollard (DET)

Ben Troupe (TEN)

Ben Watson (NE)

Courtney Anderson (OAK)

Ernie Conwell (NO)

Alex Smith (TB)

I'm sure at least a couple of these guys are available in quite a few leagues.  How would you guys rank them and should any of them be considered a top 10 TE for the rest of the season?

985552[/snapback]

Troupe

Pollard

Watson

Anderson

Baker

Conwell

Smith

Stay awat from rook TE's after just one game.

Didn't Conwell shatter his jaw?

I might move him down to the bottom spot there.

985939[/snapback]

If he did he must have been on some really good drugs when they interviewed him after the game. :doah:

If he did he must have been on some really good drugs when they interviewed him after the game. :doah:

986062[/snapback]

My bad. I saw this:

Updating previous reports, the Associated Press reports New Orleans Saints TE Ernie Conwell (concussion, jaw) left the team's season opener Sunday, Sept. 11, with a concussion and displaced jaw.

But not this:

New Orleans Saints head coach Jim Haslett said TE Ernie Conwell (wrist, jaw) had MRIs on his jaw and wrist and they came back negative. Conwell's jaw was dislocated, but it was popped back in place. He will be listed as questionable for the team's Week 2 game.

I guess he'll heal up quick.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I was thinking pretty hard about Baker, he did look good in that game to me. One other note as we look at these guys...I listened to a lot of talk about how much Grudin and Co think of Alex Smith, who was a 3rd round pick and might be very good. I know Grudin probably will want Griese to minimize errors this season and the combination of those two things might make this kid a viable alternative for some. I'm sitting here with Dallas Clark and wondering if I should grab one of them just for this week. I lost one game by 2 points this week, and could have won it with that little manuever. :D

Gruden really does like how Alex Smith plays. He coached him in the senior bowl and raved so it was no surprise when he was drafted. I dont expect the 2 touchdown performance to continue but he will still get his fair share of looks. The only other TE worth noting on the roster is Becht who is mainly a blocker.