[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you do this

had03

I would be giving up Gonzo and Stephen Davis in return for Curtis Martin. I am looking for another solid back to pair with Deuce McCallister. I would be replacing Gonzalez in the lineup with Ben Watson. Here are the other backs on my roster as of now:

Reuben Droughns

Mike Anderson

JJ Arrington

Stephen Davis

TE's I have other than Gonzalez are:

Ben Watson

Chris Baker

I don't know what I can expect out of Anderson now, and Arrington looks like crap. So next week I would have to choose between Droughns and Davis to start with Deuce. Do you think this helps me or would I be better off keeping Gonzalez and starting one of my other backs. Any help is appreciated....

I don't like that trade at all. I base that on the fact I feel Stephen Davis will conitinue to do well. Even if you disagree is Martin the best choice in a trade?

Gonzales is a difference maker at tightend.

His TE is Dallas Clark - I guess that is why he is wanting to make a move cause he isn't sure when he will be back. I guess I am just worried that I am going to have to look at a huge hole as my #2 RB all season and thought with Martin I wouldn't have to worry about it. If I don't do it, then I am saying I am ok with going with Stephen Davis, Droughns, or hoping Mike Anderson comes back. That is what scares me I guess.

I see CMart as only marginally more valuable than S Davis. Not enough to offset the value of losing Gonzo. There are only three or four TE difference makers, and you have one of them w/ Gonzo. Is DeShaun Foster available for you to pick up to back up Davis?

Edited by luke davenport

I'd stay with what you have. Gonzo puts up top receiver type numbers and besides Gates he gives you an advantage over erveryone else at the position. I think one of your 4 other Rbs will pay off either with Davis keeping the starting job and performing, JJ picking it up, Mike Anderson getting healthy, or maybe even Droughs winning the job after a solid performance on Sunday with Suggs out.

I'd rather keep Gonzo and Davis then make that move. Martin will be solid but I don't think he'll come close to repeating last season. Arrington should get a little better as the season goes on and if he can stay healthy Davis will be fine. Don't get me wrong, they're both questions but giving up a stud TE like Gonzo for what could amount to a slight improvement at RB I don't think will help you. I'd stay put.

I would only do it if I got another WR or TE in return that I could use in my line up. Martin should do well. Hes always been a player you can count on every year. But I dont like doing a 2 for 1 unless your getting a down right stud or the players you give up are not players you need to start weekly.

Good luck

Edited by Jedi_knights_2004

Thanks guys for the responses....I was thinking that Davis would probably not stay healthy - so in my mind, I was basically trading Gonzo for Martin. But I do agree that if one of my backs ends up panning out, losing Gonzalez would weaken my starting lineup overall. I guess now I am leaning to starting Droughns this week and just see how things pan out.