[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McCallister's Backup

elmanx

I've got Deuce McCallister and I want to have his backup in case of injury. I assumed that his backup was Stecker (who I currently have), but I noticed that in the last game A. Smith got 3 carries to Stecker's 1 carry.

Can anyone who watched the game put these stats into context?

Any thoughts on who will get most of the carries if Deuce goes down?

Thanks for any replies.

Why does it really matter?  And on a side note...you might want Deuce's backup in case he puts up a 2.3 YPC on a consistent basis lol

986477[/snapback]

bingo. while the saints' ol did look impressive against the panthers at times, this is not a denver situation where you can plug'n play with backups. i have deuce, and i'm not spending a waiver pick on his backup should (god forbid) anything happen to deuce. that's what my other rb bench depth is for, i.e. better options than antowain/stecker.

I had Duece last season. When he went down with the ankle, Stecker carried the load.

987829[/snapback]

Last year when Deuce went down, they tried Kijana Carter first and he basically stunk, so Stecker had to be the guy. But they really want him as a special teams player and a change of pace third down back, and really don't want to use him as a 20 carry a game guy -- that's why they signed Smith this offseason.