[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick sucks

Guest THEbigred

Guest THEbigred

Great pocket presence, Mr "most exciting player in the NFL"

But I guess it is "exciting" when a QB turns it over a lot.....just sucks when you need players on his team to do well and keep it out of Owens' hands, you worthless POS. :D

Guest THEbigred
I'm more irritated that Crumpler dropped that pass for a TD.  I needed him to catch it to win this week.

985894[/snapback]

1 - Dunn is playing, just sparingly (and I repeat wt-f)

2 - Crumpler didn't drop it, it was broken up by Dawkins

3 - I hate Vick that stupid POS.

All I know is that Vick's legs had lifted me into a tie (which I would have won due to our reserves scoring tie-breaker) until he lost some yards kneeling out the clock at the end.

Only Bulger, Brady, Bledsoe, and Collins had better weeks in our scoring format this week, and only Bulger had a solid edge.

I'll definitely give Vick the start next week on the road in Seattle.

Edited by BadgerBacker

All I know is that Vick's legs had lifted me into a tie (which I would have won due to our reserves scoring tie-breaker) until he lost some yards kneeling out the clock at the end.

Only Bulger, Brady, Bledsoe, and Collins had better weeks in our scoring format this week, and only Bulger had a solid edge.

985917[/snapback]

you will be disappointed

985917[/snapback]

good luck watching him run on something other than turf..... :D:D

985917[/snapback]

:doah: That sucks

Hmm, 224 totals yards, 158 passing with only 23 attempts, a long pass for 58 yards, against the NFC's Pro Bowl back field.

McFlabb had 257 yards passing on 45 attempts, twice the attempts. His long pass was only 24. :D

When Vick's line needs to learn to pass block, they all ready have the run blocking down, then he can pass more instead of running for 20 yards and a 1st down.

Edited by WaterMan

Watching Vick run last night made me wonder at what point the Falcons put Schaab in at QB (he'll be a very good one I think) and move Vick to a RB. I honestly think that is the way to go. He's got great cuts even when teams know he is running. He could put up 1500 yards rushing in a season. Combine that with an actual QB, and the Falcons might be tough to beat...

When Vick's line needs to learn to pass block

986130[/snapback]

What the hell are you talking about? Vick's line did a more-than-adequate job of pass-blocking last night. The problem is that Vick can't throw to anybody besides Crumpler. He had ONE outstanding pass last night (the 58-yd bomb to Jenkins). Outside of that, he had the passing prowess of Anthony Wright. Being only 12/23 for 156 yds and ZERO passing TDs is pathetic when one considers how dominant Atlanta's running game as. And let's not forget Mr. Hype's interception and two fumbles.

I find it amazing that so many people think that Vick is the reason for Atlanta's (moderate) success. They run the ball and play defense a hell of a lot better than he plays QB. Vick's inability to complete passes and his propensity for turning the ball over (12 INTs on only 321 attempts and 16 fumbles (7 lost) last year) is what's holding them back.

Vick sucks .... as a fantasy football QB. As a football QB, he just wins games, which is the bottom line.

I had him as my fantasy QB in a league last year after falling for all the hype. Now having learned my lesson, I won't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Vick is a decent NFL QB and sure is fun to watch.

Vick sucks .... as a fantasy football QB.  As a football QB, he just wins games, which is the bottom line.

I had him as my fantasy QB in a league last year after falling for all the hype.  Now having learned my lesson, I won't touch him with a ten foot pole. 

Vick is a decent NFL QB and sure is fun to watch.

986287[/snapback]

All true....he helps them to win their football games and by osmosis will develop into a much better passing qb......if that happens while he's still lightning quick, then look out. When the guy runs, even for 5 exciting yards and kepps a drive going, that's a great play for his team.

And give it a break calling the guy stupid.......like you know....

some of the comments made in this thread are embarassing.....

All true....he helps them to win their football games and by osmosis will develop into a much better passing qb......if that happens while he's still lightning quick, then look out.  When the guy runs, even for 5 exciting yards and kepps a drive going, that's a great play for his team.

And give it a break calling the guy stupid.......like you know....

some of the comments made in this thread are embarassing.....

986448[/snapback]

That's perhaps the most ridiculous statement I've seen posted on this board. Yeah, good QBs develop by "osmosis." It has nothing to do with having the ability to throw the ball accurately or being able to read defenses. Vick will develop into an NFL-caliber passer just by showing up to work. :D

It's his fifth year in the league and I have yet to see any evidence of Mr. Hype developing into an NFL-caliber passer. And it's not like they're running a complex version of the WCO (like, say, the Eagles). Hell, they run the ball so often, it's difficult to even call it a WCO.

Edited by Bill Swerski

good luck watching him run on something other than turf..... :D  :D

985974[/snapback]

It's certainly the case that he's had his biggest running games on turf and didn't do well vs. the Seahawks in the playoffs.

But it's hard to bench a guy who was the 14th highest scoring QB/RB/WR/TE in your league for Week 1. And I realize this varies by format. Vick was only the 33rd highest scorer in the MVP Challenge this week.

What the hell are you talking about?  Vick's line did a more-than-adequate job of pass-blocking last night.  The problem is that Vick can't throw to anybody besides Crumpler.  He had ONE outstanding pass last night (the 58-yd bomb to Jenkins).  Outside of that, he had the passing prowess of Anthony Wright.  Being only 12/23 for 156 yds and ZERO passing TDs is pathetic when one considers how dominant Atlanta's running game as.  And let's not forget Mr. Hype's interception and two fumbles.

I find it amazing that so many people think that Vick is the reason for Atlanta's (moderate) success.  They run the ball and play defense a hell of a lot better than he plays QB.  Vick's inability to complete passes and his propensity for turning the ball over (12 INTs on only 321 attempts and 16 fumbles (7 lost) last year) is what's holding them back.

986271[/snapback]

This is true. On the evidence of last night, Atlanta have a ferocious and aggressive D and Warrick Dunn is a much better runner than he's given credit for. Vick, on the other hand, often looked a liability and was more likely to bring his D back out on the field than to sustain drives.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Just because he is not a good FF QB does not mean he isn't a good QB. He wins games with his presence and his legs. He has incredible arm strength and if he can work on his accuracy, he will be deadly.

I went to virginia tech and saw him in 99 and 00 and he can definately pass when he needs to.

Anyone who drafts him as a FF QB is retarded.

Just because he is not a good FF QB does not mean he isn't a good QB.  He wins games with his presence and his legs.  He has incredible arm strength and if he can work on his accuracy, he will be deadly. 

986726[/snapback]

If one isn't accurate by his 5th year in the league, he's not going to get much better.

I went to virginia tech and saw him in 99 and 00 and he can definately pass when he needs to. 

Ryan Leaf was a great passer in college as well.