[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning Strategy - Wk 1

podunker

Since I advocated “The Peyton Manning Draft Strategy”, I thought I would keep everyone up to date on how things are going each week. Anyone else that followed the strategy or just took Manning in the first round can update their season here also. I have him in Phenom's FFL Omega League. He had one of the toughest match-ups he’ll have all year, except for when he play the Patriots, this week.

Two TD’s and 254 passing yards were good enough for 19.96 points in my league scoring. My two starting RB’s were Westbrook (20.60) and Jordan (13.50). Just a little above average from them if you combine the scores. I like to at least get 30 points out of two RB’s in most scoring systems. My three starting WR’s were Mason (17.90), Coles (12.60), and Muhammed (11.90). Who to start at WR’s was my toughest decision of the week. I was going to start Coles no matter what; I figured they would be in a shoot out with the Chiefs. That didn’t happen, they looked terrible and Coles dropped some easy passes that would have been huge. My big decision was with the other two. It was between them two and McCardell. I was pretty sure on Mason, just because I like his talent and figured they would get behind and have to pass some. Boller at QB was my only indecision with him. Muhammed was going to get lots of targets because he is the only option in the Bears passing game and he catches a lot of short passes. I also knew they would have to pass some, because Washington would stuff the run. The negative was the rookie QB Orton. I figured McCardell would get more targets than usual with Gates out, but still wasn’t sure if he really was the No. 1 WR on the team, and how many LT would get also. I went with my gut feeling and started Muhammed. Obviously, it was a bad decision, as McCardell went off and had 37.30 points. Heap was my starting TE; he didn’t see many targets and only scored 7.80 points. My Kicker Wilkins had a good day with 15.00 points. I had a slight lead on my opponent going in into the Monday night game. He had McNabb and I had Westbrook, and the defense. I ended up winning by a comfortable margin of 135.49 to 105.45. Losing the 25 points by not starting McCardell didn’t come back to haunt me.

Over all – Manning will only get better after this week; he did miss an easy TD to Harrison in the first half. My two RB’s were solid, I liked the way Jordan ran and caught the ball on Thursday and Westbrook was a big part of the Eagle game plan receiving and running. He’ll have better rushing stats against some weaker defenses than Atlanta, and Jordan just needs to get in the end zone. I noticed he ran on the goal line initially, so not as worried about Crockett stealing his TD’s. I will have decisions to make at WR all year with those four guys. McCardell proved to me that he was the No. 1 WR for the Chargers. I will pay close attention to how having Gates back influences his production. Coles can’t do anything but get better. I think Mason and Heap both will be better with Wright at QB. Muhammed will still get lots of targets and the Bears will improve throughout the season. The Eagle defense looks good. Hated to see them lose Trotter last night. I may look for a TE on the waiver wire this week, in case Heap continues not to be targeted enough. I’m very happy with the results from week one, 1-0 baby!

Sorry such a long post, I'll edit it down next week!

Edited by podunker

I took Manning in the 5th.

He got me 20pnts

My RB were Portis (12) and C.Martin (7) - AGreen and Benson on Bench

WR - SSmith (19) Driver (4) - TJ Housh, T Williamson on Bench

TE- McMichael (11)

K - Akers (5)

D - NE (4) - Colts on bench

I lost to Dillon JJones Delhomme and Bills D.

I'm hoping for a little more help from my RB this week.