[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Parker over . . .

Furd

I think jones will  have a harder time against skins same for dillon at CAR

westbrook should  have decent day agains SF

I think Parker will have another 100 + yds 2 TD's vs houston

987641[/snapback]

Parker looked great, but Houston, while not a great defense, doesn't give up many rushing TD's (last year they only allowed 4) - last week they kept McGahee to 0 --- so I wouldn't pencil in 2 TD's for Parker.

....wait, the kid can catch too. Nevermind. Just when you think the Steelers running game is finally going to breakdown.

Parker looked great, but Houston, while not a great defense, doesn't give up many rushing TD's (last year they only allowed 4) - last week they kept McGahee to 0 --- so I wouldn't pencil in 2 TD's for Parker.

....wait, the kid can catch too. Nevermind. Just when you think the Steelers running game is finally going to breakdown.

987698[/snapback]

Mike Ditka could probaby go 100 yards behind that O Line.

Roethlisberger can throw too. That will open things up.

2 TD's seems a bit much, but 100, 20, 1 TD is possible.

Furd,

I haven't researched your other RBs, since I do not have them, but this is what I got so far about Parker's opponent this week, Houston in Houston.

The single most shocking thing that I discovered was that they gave up only 4 rushing TDs all last year! Which explains why in Rhino's spread sheet for opponent, Houston is ranked as the 8th toughest for RBs.

So I looked at the eight games they had at home vs the top RBs:

Houston was 3-5 at home

SD: LT 26-121-1

OAK: Zereoue (!?!) 14-117-2

MINN: Moore 20-92-0, plus 12 catches for 90 yards and zero TDs

Jax: Toefield 5-22-0

Taylor 3-9-0

GB: W Williams 6-42-0

A Green 5-15-0

Favre threw 50 passes!

TENN: A Smith 21-90-0

IND: Edge 28-104-0, plus 7 catches for 54 yards and zero TDs

CLEV: Suggs 26-131-0, plus 3 catches for 23 yards and zero TDs

In my opinion, there are only two stud RBs on that list (LT and Edge), and they both had 30+ points in our scoring system. The rest of the list is kind of crap, to be frank. But from the little I have seen of Parker, I would think that he is more of a Zereoue/Moore/LT back, than a Edge/Suggs type. Abd I also would suspect that HOU has a tough time against smaller backs, for whatever reason.

Again, the thing that is puzzling is how they only gave up 4 TDs to RBs all last year. They were not know to be a great, or even a good DEF. And I haven't seen too many Texan homers here on the BB, so I will have to look into the DEF roster and look for clues.

In week one last week in BUF, the HOU run DEF gave up 152 yards on 36 carries. Again, no TDs to RBs. Now the BUF OFF is not the most effecient in the NFL with a new QB, but you would think they could convert one RUSH TD. Hell, their only TD was a Tackle elligible!

I would think that the similarities between PIT and BUF are pretty scary: Great DEF and pound the ball running. I think that PIT has a better OL, and a bigger threat at QB, but the game will be in HOU and not in PIT or BUF.

Right now, on Tuesday, I would think that Parker will get the majority of carries, except for Bettis in short yardage and goal-line situations. Staley and Haynes will not be a factor if the game is even kind of close. Parker only played three quarters last week, and I expect him to be on the field more this week (PIT might as well find out what they have).

With HOU OFF in the state that they are, I see PIT controlling the ball and getting Parker 25 carries and a couple looks on screen/swing passes. If he gets the touches, i see 150 total yards and a score. The only reason why I do not see him scoring more is because of Bettis, Roth keeping HOU honest, and the fact they only gave up 4 rushing TDs all last year.

Week three at home vs NE, not a good matchup, week 4 a bye week, then in SD. If he somehow manages to produce in week 3 and 5, its his job the rest of the year, Staley or no Staley.

Disclaimer: I am, in no way shape or form, a Steeler fan. They have an easy enough schedule to make the playoffs at 12-4, but will ultimately fall short. I think they will be hamstrung as long as Cowher is coaching them in the playoffs.

I wouldn't.  Jackson at Arizona is too good to pass up.  Matchups like that are why you drafted him.

987787[/snapback]

Sorry, Pitt is a running team. STL is a pass 1st team, as witnessed against the lowly 49ers. All this talk about the running game went right out the window after they fell behind.

Parker is this year's revelation :D

I'm taking a close look at Parker vs. Julius Jones myself.  You know the Skins won't be jumping out to a big lead, so Tuna will definitely keep running.  However, the Skins looked stout vs the Bears in shutting down the running game.

987874[/snapback]

I have the same dilemma. Thinking about L.Jordan and Parker as my starters. Jones is a stud, but the Skins controlled him real well last year. I believe something like 20/52.

I cry bs to whoever moved this.

The emergence of Parker raises a dilemma for nearly everyone that owns him. It is probably THE issue of week 2. I thought that it might prove insightful for some of us to discuss this.

I thought the main NFL Fantasy Football forum was one in which, in part, we were to discuss "hot topics." If you can show me a hotter one than this at the moment, please enlighten me.