[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Culpepper Trade

CBizzie

5 man Keeper League that starts QB/3RB/3WR, main players of mention on my team are CPepp, LT, KJones, JJ Arrington, and Mi.Clayton/Houshmandzadeh/R.Smith at WR. Would I be foolish for shopping Culpepper for Cadillac and a mid-line WR (say Deion Branch)/or draft pick? I have no back up QB and the WW consists of Griese, Frerotte, Rattay, Losman, Pennington, McNair or worst case I send a mid rd pick to someone for an Aaron Brooks or Brett Favre type.

I predicted the Vikes offense to shut down without Moss...then I drafted him in 1 of my leagues because he was left out there in the 4th round and I could not pass him by.I wish I would have. if I was you I would make that trade if you can get it.I would not go out for a Patriot WR though. Branch is good but you know how Brady likes to spread it around. just when you think you figured out which WR is gonna be the "man" in N.E. Givens gets 10 catches..then Brown..then Faulk..and so on....and so on....

It's hard to say. I think the Caddy/Branch williams is heavily in your favor THIS year. But it's a foregone conclusion that Tice will be fired at the end of this year so who knows what Culpepper's value will be with appropriate coaching. It's a good deal either way imo and I would probably pull the trigger myself personally but there is a lot of upside to C-Pep once that bone head Tice is gone.

I'm a vikings fan, and I have to say i was shocked at how badly they played. they just looked aweful.

but honestly, you don't want to be freaking out after one week. the bucs are a good Defensive team, and it looked like the vikings were a bit shocked by them. but I have to believe it won't last., C-pep might not be as good as he was with Randy Moss, but he should be pretty good.

similarly, teh vikes are supposed to be better on D, but I won't believe it until I see they can scheme well, not just have better players. cadillac looked good, and he should be, but consider that before that last run of the day he would have finished with about 80 yds and no TDs. not a fair comparison, but I wouldn't jump ship just yet, although I understand wanting to upgrade at RB.

don't buy high (caddy) and sell low(daunte).

It's hard to say. I think the Caddy/Branch williams is heavily in your favor THIS year. But it's a foregone conclusion that Tice will be fired at the end of this year so who knows what Culpepper's value will be with appropriate coaching.  It's a good deal either way imo and I would probably pull the trigger myself personally but there is a lot of upside to C-Pep once that bone head Tice is gone.

988450[/snapback]

very good point on buying high. You'd probably want to wait until C-pep has a 300+ game then dump him like a fat girlfriend.

"don't buy high (caddy) and sell low(daunte). "

you can look at it like that or you can look at like "trade why the value is there".

1 more bad outing like this and Culpepper won't bring you cadillac by himself yet a quality WR too.

this being said I am not sold on Cadillac either. he did this against a sub par defense .I can see him getting shut down alot this year and expect Pittman to still create some noise on that team.

you got the whole week to shop Culpepper around...see what else you can get.

I watched the game, and agree that Caddy had a mediocre day. He broke the 70 yard TD in garbage time when the Vikes had to be in goal line stance. He snuck through and obviously there was no one in the secondary. Other than that run, he was just all right. Don't dump Daunte, he'll bouce back. Give him this week against Cinci, you'll see 250 passing and at least 2 total TDs. AT LEAST. Keep in mind Caddy won't get goal line carries....that is reserved for Alstott. Caddy will be decent this year fantasy-wise, but nothing great.