[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 2 - TAKE 2

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WDIS @ WR...

I start 3 WR's

1. Isaac Bruce

2. Reggie Wayne

3. ????

My other choices:

Lee Evans (Buf @ TB)

Robert Ferguson (Cle @ GB)

Reggie Williams (Jac @ Ind)

Bobby Engram is also on the waiver wire, do you think he's worth picking up?

2nd question:

WDIS @ QB

Favre or Leftwich?

3rd and final question...

my TE's are Cooley and B. Watson...

Should I drop B. Watson for Alex Smith or Kleinsasser?

Hey Hugh, Got a little dilemma and I need you to set me straight. Let's get the easy stuff out of the way. Standard performance league (1 per 10 rush/rec, 6 for TDs). I am only concerned with my RB and WR for this question. We start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 flex.

My RB: R Brown, C Benson, B Jacobs, W McGahee, S Alexander

My WR: R Wayne, D' Stallworth, K Johnson, I Bruce, D Givens

Ok, now to the good stuff. I am considering offering 2 seperate trades to 2 different owners, but the trades will be contingent on me getting both to say yes, which I higly doubt.

The first trade I am proposing will be trading away I. Bruce, and getting W. Parker. The guy for this trade is looking to dump Parker, as he is riding his pine. I don't think he will go for this, but I thought maybe I could try anyways.

The next trade would be to trade away Alexander and get Holt and McAllister. Again, I don't think this team owner will go with it, but he might.

That would put me at the following:

My RB: R Brown, C Benson, B Jacobs, W McGahee, McAllister, Parker

My WR: R Wayne, D' Stallworth, K Johnson, Holt, D Givens

I was one of the ones who got hit with the Walker bug. I picked up Meyshawn off waiver wire this week.

What do you think? Am I stupid to even think of trading away TD MAchine Alexander? I really like him. :D

Edited by Lost

In a 12 team performance based league... 6 pt rec'v TD, 4 pt pass TD, 1 pt every 25 yrds rush/rec'v, 2 pts 200 yrds pass, 1 pt every 50 yards pass after 200, 2 pts conversion/safety, etc...

Who do I start for QB, #2 RB and #3 WR....

QB: Matt Hasselbeck (SEA) or Byron Leftwich (JAX)

RB1: LaDanian Tomlinson

RB2: Ronnie Brown (MIA), Larry Johnson (KC), T.J. Duckett (ATL)

WR1: Terrell Owens

WR2: Steve Smith

WR3: Anquan Boldin (ARI) or Michael Clayton (TB)

PK: Ryan Longwell

DEF: Buffalo Bills

Hugh,

I am looking for a 3rd WR to go along with Chad Johnson and Fitzgerald. This is a standard scoring system with 1 pt per rec as well. Thanks in advance

Mason (leaning towards him with Wright in there)

Evans (my original #3 I drafted but.........)

Bryant (had a big game last week but a headcase)

Also, in another league that scores mainly for tds as follows:

1-9 yards 6 pts

10-39 yards 9 pts

40+ yards 12 pts

I need to pick 2 from:

C Johnson (no brainer?)

S Smith (pretty much no brainer?)

Lelie (considering him as I have Plummer as my QB?)

Givens

McCareins

Engram

Galloway The last 4 are just listed to show all choices.

Edited by T_bone65

Hi Hugh. Hope all is well. Thanks for the help last week. Got myself another situation this week. Need to start 2 of the 4 WR's. 6 pts for td and every 100 yds recieving. I have listed them in order that I think is best. Please advise.

Steve Smith vs Pats. Pats have banged up secondary & Steve close to studum.

A. Boldin vs Rams. Could be a shoot-out. Concern that Fitz may get more looks.

Wayne vs Texans. Has not but up good numbers vs Tex. To many targets for Peyton. Although could be high scoring.

Burleson vs Bengals. seems like a good match-up. Concern is that the Vikes looked awful last week.

Anyhow my 2 would be Smith & Boldin. Any thoughts?

Hugh,

Brooks @NYG

Warner vs STL

It looks like a toss up, but I'm thinking Brooks. Even though Warner had a better week 1 than Brooks, Brooks should have an easier time against the Giants than Warner against his old team.

Also My starting RBs are Ahman Green and JJ Arrington. Arrington is sicks and looks like a not so good start. My other options (sigh) are Bettis and Marshall Faulk. I think I'm still gonna have to start JJ, because I have no idea how much Faulk will touch the ball.

Hugh,

I saw you were talking up Engram earlier this thread...

Would you advocate Engram given my situation for a flex starter?

Need to start 1 of these guys @ flex

S. Davis vs. NE

Driver vs. Cle

Engram vs. Atlanta

Kennison @ Oak

Stallworth @ NYG

I was originally leaning towards Driver or S. Davis based on my gut & some other threads, but then came across this one...opinions appreciated - TIA

Edited by cpt27

Please Help.

Darrell Jackson vs. ATL

Chris Chambers @NYJ

Keenan McCardell @Den

Jerry Porter vs. KC

Ashley Lelie vs. SD

Kevin Curtis @ Ariz

Sammie Parker @ OAK

LJ Smith vs. SF

Dallas Clark vs. Jax

I can start 3 WR, 1 TE and 1 WR/TE

I know who I am starting everywhere else. It is just every where I look there is different advice on who to start at these 5 spots.

8pt TD, 1pt/10yd, 8pt 200yds

Hugh - you're the COOLEST!

I am in a fix at RB. Re-Draft, Performance scoring. Rush/Rec (First 20 yds = 5pts, 2pts/10 yds thereafter) all TDs = 10pts

DD (Starting)

And need one more of the following. I was hoping one of these guys would step up, but so far only Davis has done anything and he plays NE so I'm not too thrilled.

M Bennet

S Davis

JJ Arrington

M Anderson

Already 0-1 and need to swing for the fences against a solid team, for that reason I was thinking Bennet vs CIN.

I have also offered to trade M Anderson and JJ to the Bell owner for Lamont Jordan. We'll see.

Hey there!

I tied last week!! :D Boy I hate that. But, I'm looking at the glass half full here :D

I'm looking for your "gut" feel here. :D

I looked very good starting Willie Parker last week :D (yes, I was one of them- )

My thought process is to start him again cause according to reports he is starting.

I benched "Cadillac" in favor of Fast Willie last week and went with Julius Jones. Faired well, but I would've won had I started Carnell...

Want to know what your gut feeling is this week with my RB situation first:

Parker @ Houston (phenom emerging-but will he lose goal line carries to the "bus")

Julius Jones vs. Washington (played well last week but is going against a tough skins "D"

Cadillac vs. Buffalo (nice start-but against the buffalo "D"?)

Droughns @ Green Bay(should get the nod and playing against the weak pack "D")-hmmm

Tatum Bell vs. Chargers-(i'm so high on Bell-but couldn't get it in with 4 tries )

All mmy RB's are starters(nice depth I may add) who is your "gut-lock to start?)

What is your gut on my QB situation?

Brooks vs Giants(mon night)-didn't score last week! can he handle the blitzing giants?

Warner started for me last week and at least scored for me(brooks gave me a fat zero-whew!)

and lastly my wideouts:

quick gut on the wideouts(wdis)---(see below)-

thanks for your input. I'm sure you'll be busy this week-any answer from you would be greatly appreciated

thanks again :D