[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 2 - TAKE 2

Hugh 0ne

Hugh One - Thanks for your advice Hugh One. I value your insight. :D

I'm in a performance scoring league. 6pts for rushed/rec TDs (more pts for longer TDs); 3pts for 25 rushes; 1 pt for every 25 yds rushed; 4 pts for every 4 rec.

What 2 RBs would you play this week?

L Johnson home against Oak

K Jones @ Chic

W Dunn @ Seattle

DD home against Pitt

I know the line, "Go with your studs." I know I picked K Jones and DD to be my starters, but after I drafted, they and their offenses have stunk in preseason and 1st week. It looks like a trend. "Start your studs" may not mean K Jones and DD this year. I may have blown it on draft day.

Pittsburgh looked great last week and that along with Houston's slumping offense - I'm afraid to start DD.

K Jones at Chicago looks lame.

W Dunn knows how to run and produces when he gets his carries, but how much will Duckett chip away at the carries, especially inside the 5 yd line?

L Johnson - not the starter. Many are saying bench him, but I still feel like he'll get about 1/4 to 1/3 of the carries. With KC's great offensive line and Oakland's poor defense - I could see him scoring and maybe a long one. It will be a high-scoring game. KC would be smart to try to keep Oakland off the field. Give them less chances to score. Now, if that doesn't sound like an obvious comment from John Madden.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh one,

Matt Hassleback Vs ATL

Or

Kurt Warner Vs STL

30yds=1pt

td=6pt

992475[/snapback]

I like Warner. Mainly because of the matchup, and because Fitz and Bolden are better options than Engram and DJax. And it should be a shoot out. Yep. Warner.

Ok Mr. Abs here is the scoop and its not pretty... :D

Delhomme or Bledsoe League #1 (leaning towards Delhomme)

Delhomme or Farve League #2 (leaning towards Farve)

WR#3 Parker, Booker or Matt Jones (leaning towards Parker here, but Gates could get some of his throws.) I really like Jones and Jacksonvilles chances in the air with the Colts...?

edit 4pts for passing TD, 6pts for receiving TD

Thanks Hugh...Mr. ABS :D

Edited by devilwoman

Thanks Hugh for doing this again

JJones vs. Wash.

or

Parker at Hou.

Holmes is my other starter

Leaning towards Parker but, always "start your studs" has been inbedded in my brain. One week does not make stud status IMO.

Scoring is in the Sig.

Thanks from one Viking fan to another!

992486[/snapback]

Well fellow Vikings fan, I have good news for you. You can't go wrong this week. Both JJ and Parker will have solid games. I'd favor Parker slightly, but I think both guys get you over 100 yards and at least 1 TD.

Hey Hugh,

A few questions, big week for me:

QB: Hasselhoff vs ATl or Delhomme vs NE

WR:

I plan on starting Burleson and DJax and need one more

Lelie vs SD

Muhammad vs Detroit

Randle El @ Houston

I'm leaning Hass and Mush (Detroit's D ain't that good).

Any thoughts?

992488[/snapback]

Tough call on the QB's. Both have tough matchups. I might lean towards Delhomme because Steve Smith is a game breaker, but it's really a tough one.

I'd start Lelie, as much as I hate Plummer, Randel El is the 3rd option on a team that doesn't like to pass, and Muhammed, well, let's just say there aren't too many Bears worth starting right now, so it'd be Lelie by default, not by choice. :D

Hey Hugh,

Please pick one for my flex position.  Standard scoring with 1 pt/reception.

Arrington

K. Curtis

B. Lloyd

Thanks

992491[/snapback]

Is none an option?

Arrington had 8 carries for 5 yards in his NFL debut.

Curtis is the 3rd option on a passing team with a good matchup.

Lloyd, well, he plays for the 49ers, and if that's not bad enough, he has a tough matchup. :D

I think Arrington will improve, since it's virtually impossible for him to get worse, but I don't know how much better he'll do, especially in a game that will force the Cards to abandon the running game early. That being said, I'd still start Curtis and hope Bulger looks his way a few times. It should be a high scoring affair, so his chances should improve.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Hugh, thanks for answering my WR question yesterday.

I have a tougher question for you regarding which 2 RBs to start from the following:

J. Lewis @ Tenn

Edge @ Jax

W. Parker @ Hou

L. Johnson @ Oak

I'm leaning towards Lewis and Parker.  I know some on this board advocate ASYS

This basically is a question of who do I bench between Edge and Lewis.

Your thoughts?

Thanks again.

992495[/snapback]

Nice options. Bench LJ for sure. Then you really just can't go wrong. I think I'd bench Edge too. Lewis should run all over Tennessee, and Parker should have a field day against Houston. I think Edge should have a solid game, but with the pass happy Jags, it could turn into a shootout, and you could see alot more passing than running from the Colts. I think all 3 will do well, but I'd start Lewis and Parker too.

thanks for the reply...I have another quickie..

I already have the COlts D...I see that the Giants D is out there...I have Rian Lindell & Matt Stover as my Kickers ...should I drop (don't laugh) Stover and pick up the Giants D?

992520[/snapback]

Giants D are minus one starting CB this week, and not that good even when healthy. Carryin 2 kickers makes no sense, but neither does picking up a worthless defense. If you're looking for a bye week defense, see who's playing the Bears or 49ers when the Colts have their BYE, and there's your defense.

Hey Hugh,

WR WDIS, if you please:

Branch v Car:  Branch looked good LW, but tougher matchup v pass D

Kennison v Oak: Good Matchup, bad upside with T-Gonz first look

Thanks, I'll take your comments off the air...

992523[/snapback]

Well, I think you go Kennison here. Mainly because of the matchup. Don't worry about Gonzo, there should be enough to go around against the Raiders.

Is peerless going to play anytime soon?Is he worth picking up? Was thinking of dropping samie parker for him.Thanks in advance for anything you can offer.

start three wide outs.big bonuses for longer td's

--------------------

qb-m.bulger b.griese

rb-LJ Caddy Willyparker Sjax

wr-c.johnson ,TJ housh, chris chambers,bobby engram,travis taylor,samie parker

te-jason whitten

k-brian lindell

def-buffalo chicago

992526[/snapback]

I haven't heard anything new on Price. The only way he has any chance of success, is if he goes somewhere like Philly that has a TO to take the double coverage, and then he might be able to find his old self from the Buffalo days.

Tough call. In a keeper league he might be worth a flyer, but I doubt you'll see much if anything from him this year.

Hugh... Brooks vs the Giants or Leftwich vs. Colts

Performance league... 6 pts for passing/rushing/receiving TDs.  3 point bonus for 300+ yds passing and 3 point bonues for 60% completeion percentage avg.

Thanks!

992532[/snapback]

Both nice options. I like Leftwich and the NEW Jacksonville pass first offense this week against the Colts.

I've got 4 QB's:

Brady (at CAR)

Dilfer (at GB)

Brunell (at Dal)

Wright (at Ten)

My opponent plays Moulds & Heap.  I think I play Wright this week, not just because the Tennessee secondary is awful, but to guard against a hugh day Moulds / Heap.

Am I right?

992535[/snapback]

Well, Moulds plays for Buffalo, so I'm not quite sure I understand the reasoning. I wouldn't start Wright to offset Heap, I can tell you that much. Play your best QB option this week, and that's Tom Brady.

Glad your back! Two questions.

WR (pick 4)

CJ

Burleson

Lelie

Bryant

Lloyd

Jenkins

(Or would you drop Jenkins and p/u G. Lewis, Ferguson, E. Parker, Re. Williams)

RB (pick 3)

Duece

DD

Willie P.

Caddy

Thanks again for coming back to us. The week wouldn't be the same with out the Hugh FFA...

Hi Hugh,

Torn on starting DD again this week vs. a tough PIT defense with the way the HOU offense looked last week. Is DD still a better option than Dunn?

Dillon

Then DD or Dunn?

Do get pts per rec so DD should hopefully be better, but Dunn looked pretty good running the ball on MNF. :D

hey hugh,

running back question for you.

must start 2 rb's: r,johnson vs. minn(must start i think)

w.mcgahee vs. t.b.(tough but untested)

w.dunn vs. sea.(good matchup loses td's to vick and duckett)

l.jordan vs. k.c.(missing nt but sould be a shootout)

i'm leaning towards johnson and jordan but sould you ever sit mcgahee?

one more question would you trade d.driver for b.leftwich.

thanks for the help

Edited by bent1969

Hugh... performance league, 6 pts for tds, 1 pt for every 25 yards passing starting at 50. No penalty of int's.

Favre vs Cleveland

Palmer vs Minn.

I've already slotted Palmer in... just wondering if you can think of any reason to start Favre (other than the fact that he's facing Cleveland... and he is Favre.).

Thanks.

Hey Hugh-

I play in a standard 10-team ppr league that gives a point for every 20 yards rushed or received and 1 point per 50 yards passed. We start 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 LB and 1 DB. Please take a look at my team and suggest any areas of weakness and what I could do to try and strengthen it.

QB Palmer

QB Leftwich

QB Pennington

RB McGahee

RB Portis

RB Cadillac Williams

RB Larry Johnson

RB Ricky Williams

WR Wayne

WR Michael Clayton

WR Boldin

WR Lee Evans

TE Clark

TE Troupe

K Josh Brown

DEF Philadelphia

LB Bulluck

DB Dawkins

Also...what are your thoughts on Ricky when he gets back on the field? Thanks for your help.

992546[/snapback]

Nice depth, decent for a 10 team league. Your glaring weakness is at the WR position, you need a stud WR. Maybe a package of Cadillac and either Palmer or Lefty can get you a top WR, try something like that.

Well, Moulds plays for Buffalo, so I'm not quite sure I understand the reasoning. I wouldn't start Wright to offset Heap, I can tell you that much. Play your best QB option this week, and that's Tom Brady.

992705[/snapback]

Doh!

Meant to type Mason. Anyhow, thanks!

WR's...I have to start 3....here's the scoring rules...

1 pt per rec

1 pt per 10 rec yds

5 pt bonus@100 yds

rec TD's:

6 points

Plus 1 point for a ReTD of 10 to 29 Yds

Plus 2 points for a ReTD of 30 to 49 Yds

Plus 3 points for a ReTD of 50 to 99 Yds

options...

A Johnson v Steelers

A Boldin v Rams

A Bryant @ Packers

K Curtis @ Card's

R Ferguson v Browns

T Taylor @ Bengals - likely the odd man out...

R Gardner v Patriots - I won't consider him until he actually plays (likely this week)

what do you think Hugh?...

preciate the feedback :D