[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

W. Parker for Portis?

luke davenport

It would not have seemed possible in pre-season, but what do you think of me giving up W. Parker for Clinton Portis? I also have L. Betts and he has D. Staley so that part works.

Do I trade new school stud for old school stud?

Thanks.

I would do it. That's an awesome upgrade from a WW pick-up.

Portis is the undisputed stud in WAS and Gibbs is dedicated to the run, so you know what you're getting in return all year long.

Parker is the rave right now, but such an unknown commodity. What will be his starting status in Week 4? Week 8? Week 12? Nobody knows. People can speculate all they want, but in the end, ya just dont know.

It would not have seemed possible in pre-season, but what do you think of me giving up W. Parker for Clinton Portis?  I also have L. Betts and he has D. Staley so that part works.

Do I trade new school stud for old school stud?

Thanks.

993069[/snapback]

If you can't make THAT decision on your own, you are in hugh trouble.

I can't believe some idiots out there are seriously considering giving up their solid draft picks for a guy like Willie Parker. Think Q. Griffin, Mewelde Moore. Whats even worse if people are posting "should I trade Willie Parker for a top RB" posts. Yes, of course you should trade Willie Parker for Clinton Portis. You'll be better off come week 5 when Parker is splitting time with Bettis/Staley.

Don't let the prospects for a nice week 2 from Parker cloud your thinking. FF is a 16 week season.

Swammi says: Grab Portis, and send the guy a thank you card (unless you can hold him off a week, in which case you can realize the huge Parker day yourself, and trade him on Tuesday next week). If Parker goes nuts this Sunday (he will), his value will be even higher next week.