[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Neb vs. Pitt

Phat1

This has to have been the worst game I have ever seen the Huskers play. The offense was flagged at least 5 times for not even being able to line up correctly. 4 or 5 guys in motion on every other play, receivers not running routes, and missing 2 FG from inside the 30. It was totally pathetic and it pains me to say this being a Husker fan.

At least the defense is playing well, blocked 2 fg attempts, which won the game.

But the absolute worse thing about the game was an injury that happenned to a Pitt DB. He made a great play on the ball and broke up a pass that would have been a huge 1st down. On the play, and I'm not sure how it happened, he broke either his leg or ankle. I couldn't tell, but his whole foot rotated 360 degrees. It was sickening. This is the type of injury that could end a career. Best wishes to him and to a speedy recovery.

Very sloppy game by both teams, although there were some bad calls. The intentional grounding on Stocco when Owen Daniels was being held on his route (obvious on the replay, shoulder pad was even hanging out) was very poor officiating.

The penalties made this a very difficult game to watch.

theeohiostate  Posted 9/17/05 09:34pm

You should turn on to ESPN2 and check out the Wisconsin/NC game then.........that will make you feel better.

I had to turn off all football after the Husker game. I was afraid that I'd go into shock if I saw a team actually line up and run a play without getting fllagged for only having 5 men on the LOS.

The Skers did it 6 or 7 times, 2 in a row running the exact same play. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::bash: