[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bucks/Hawks

GWPFFL BrianW

I expect a low scoring affair. Iowa's D line is very very young, and have looked pretty shaky. The Offense should be able to move the ball, IF they don't fumble it away like against Iowa State. Turnovers will decide this one. I know a lot of people are picking Ohio State to blow Iowa out on other msg boards. Just don't see that happening. I'll say Iowa 19 Ohio State 17, game winning field goal by Kyle Schliccer, who would have kicked his 4th field goal of the afternoon. Drew Tate will connect with Calvin Davis on Iowa's lone TD. Defense will give up a ton of yards to Ohio State, but stop them when it counts.

The spread is 7 favoring the Buckeyes...Please I would not touch that "no way" This is a game between 2 teams that look identical to me, really good defense's and both offense's have not found themselves YET...Iowa has a great QB with guts and spirit but plays much better at home for some reason. OSU does not know who really is the QB. I mean Smith had a great game against Michigan but missing time those last 2 games really hurt the Bucks against Texas and looked down right awful against San Diego St. his throws was way the heck off...short...long..at the feet of the receiver and he looked like he was winding up for crying out loud. Smith is pressing and it shows. Zwick comes in against San diego and looks awesome hitting receivers in stride and right on the numbers. I still think Troy should be the man but he just needs to relax and I don't think he can with Zwick playing so well and I think he thinks the hook will come out and get him if he does not win the game all by himself. Iowa killed us with the spread,,so I look for them to use that to open the running game. This a pick'em game Bucks 20 Iowa 17 but really you can flip that around very easy and would not shock me a bit. I don't know much about Iowa offense but they whooped us last year. I know the Iowa line might not be quite as good but I don't think the real Hawkeyes have shown up YET..I hope they wait another week. Go Bucks

There is one team in the Big Ten that has our number BIG TIME and that is Ohio St. Michigan has our number too... but how many bad Iowa-Michgan games have there been? Ohio State has blown us out many times... including the game in 1997 where we had all that hype going in, and got trounced. And of course no one will forget the 1990 game where we blew a lead in the 4th quarter and lost on the closing drive. Bottom line is.... it just seems that the Ohio State mystique always gets to us. We have no problem standing up to the Bullies from Ann Arbor... but the ones from Columbus, always beat us. Last year was so weird. They switched from our game to Texas-Missouri. My dad goes "thats a first, when was the last time that they switched from an Iowa-Ohio State game cuz Iowa was blowing them out?" Not in my lifetime thats for sure. I expect a close game. I just think Iowa needs to run the ball with Al Young. Young is a stud, and the o line run blocking has been stellar. Why Ferentz went away from Young against ISU is beyond me, since he was about the only skill guy who DIDNT fumble. I don't expect a monster game... probably not even 100 yard game... but I expect an effective game. Good luck to the Buckeyes and there fans. I look forward to a great game.

Well with Iowa's inability to hang onto the ball... I'd give that advantage to the Buckeyes. Look, unless you're USC, you can't turn the ball over 5 times, and lose the penalty war and expect to win the game. Can't do it. The only thing that does look good for Iowa... is Albert Young. Iowa CAN actually run the ball this year. With the rain... we could be looking at one of those 5-3 games. lol. The one good thing is, rain might take away from Ohio States ability to throw it deep. Iowa has been getting burnt (and then very lucky) against deep throws. Combine that with the defensesive line getting blown off the ball, and I actually think that the defense is the weakness this year. Offense will eventually gel, but the defensive line is terrible. Hopefully they improve over the course of the year... they are very young, but very talented as well.

2 Turnovers inside the 10 for my Bucks :D

Mistakes like this is what cost us the Texas game :D

GEESH!! Now a punt return TD by Ginn called back :D

This game could be REAL ugly for Iowa 'bout now. Only 13 yards of total offense allowed by the Buck D in the first half. :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Once again OSU is letting a dangerous Iowa team hang around the score should be at least 24-0 but still is 14-0. Troy looks like he is finally getting the rust off, but needs to secure the ball. OSU defense is smothering the Iowa at least in the first half. Iowa's running game has been stopped and the Bucks secondary is playing well. I have to say the referee's missed a couple obvious pass interferrance calls that should have gone against Salley. Iowa will make adjustments. Will the 2 turnovers inside the 19 come back to haunt us?????? Iowa's defense looking a bit tired but Ferentz is a good coach and will have them ready...How about Ginn on that Punt return!!!!! too bad Jenkins pushed in the back. I think Teddy may have slipped that guy anyway. If I'm Teddy I go over and whisper to Jenkins to trust the slip next time..TEDDY IS FLAT FAST IN OPEN FIELD. We need to get him in open space more, maybe put him in motion or clear him out in the slot. GO BUCKS.

WOW what a defense...I did not expect this!!! the offense looked like it's back OR is Iowa that bad!!! Albert Young got destroyed and Bucks got in Tate's head early and really frustrated the kid..I have to go back to Tate plays like crap away from home in big games. Troy looked like the rust was finnally gone. Smith hit receivers in their breaks and in stride and was no longer winding up. Hawk Carpentar, Schlegal hands down the best in the country. NO REASON to be cocky we have a long way to go and need lost of help to win the Big Ten considering we don't play Purdue and oh by the way they don't play Michigan either...Ouch...National Champion shio is in ther very back mirror need alot of help to even get a chance. Good Luck to Iowa a class school just ran into a OSU team that found themselves this week....I hope...what's SCARY is Freeman and D'andrea come back from injury probaly by Penn State 2 more incredible linebackers to rotate in...WOW...Can the offense keep it up? :D

what's SCARY is Freeman and D'andrea come back from injury probaly by Penn State 2 more incredible linebackers to rotate in...WOW

1017670[/snapback]

The play of the LBs has more than lived up to the considerable hype. I thought that wouldn't be possible considering how much ink they were getting. But the biggest surprise has been the pass-rush. Kudla has been a beast and Carpenter is hard to block as well. With Vernon Gholston also healing up, the pass-rush can only get better. YIKES! If Everett and Malcolm Jenkins can just be steady and Whittner/Sally play within the system, this might end up being one of the best defenses ever at tOSU.:D

You have chosen to ignore Clark Griswold. View this post · Squeeze me a little harder Clark Griswold

Still waiting for someone to let me know if this A...S....S.....Dart has any substance to him?

Guess not :D

Really?What should be expected from a clown that chooses a user name like Griswold?

You all should ignore this chump like me, makes the forum so much more delightful :D

If that is true, that is sad.  Didnt Texas do the 2 step all over their ass and waltz right down and score on the first two and final 2 drives of the game.  Then they turned it over 3 times in between.  :D

1017922[/snapback]

Yep..THEY waltzed up and down in the first 2 drives to the tune of 10 points. Then THEY just handed the ball away willingly to Ohio State just so the game stayed competitive. Ofcourse they didn't have any other drives in-between where they punted or anything. Fast-forward to the final 2 drives, and there was Texas again, Waltzing and 2-stepping their way to a FG and a TD. Total domination of the defense by a bunch of chumps. :D

And of course, since then, like all typical Tressel teams, they've been progressively getting worse :sarcasmgraemlin:. Note to Choklahoma and their fraud coach: Well-coached teams actually IMPROVE as the year progresses. They don't regress and play dead in the biggest games of the season. :D

:D at Oklahoma fans talking trash.

You have chosen to ignore Clark Griswold. View this post · Squeeze me a little harder Clark Griswold

You all should ignore this chump like me, makes the forum so much more delightful  :D

1017946[/snapback]

Oh really.... When is that starting. You are sure having a hard time not posting about someone you are supposedly ignoring. Id even bet a dime that you read my every post and throw that Im ignoring Clark Griswold out to save face.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step of denial. You sure aint fooling anyone but yourself. :D

Yep..THEY waltzed up and down in the first 2 drives to the tune of 10 points. Then THEY just handed the ball away willingly to Ohio State just so the game stayed competitive. Ofcourse they didn't have any other drives in-between where they punted or anything. Fast-forward to the final 2 drives, and there was Texas again, Waltzing and 2-stepping their way to a FG and a TD. Total domination of the defense by a bunch of chumps. :D

And of course, since then, like all typical Tressel teams, they've been progressively getting worse :sarcasmgraemlin:. Note to Choklahoma and their fraud coach: Well-coached teams actually IMPROVE as the year progresses. They don't regress and play dead in the biggest games of the season. :D

:D  at Oklahoma fans talking trash.

1017978[/snapback]

I don't see any Oklahoma fans posting in this thread. Are you telling us you are a closet Sooner fan. That would explain alot about your built up frustration. Or are you trying to tell us something else, minute man. :D