[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP players

mhayhurst

Well, I waited to hear the results and they are grim. It seems Harrions IS out for the season and now I'm truely left with ?'s on who to pick up. The top 2 guys listed above were picked up earlier today so I am left with:

Haggans (Pit)

O. Thurman (Cin)

Wong (Hou)

K. Morrison (Oak)

L. Fletcher (Buf)

I guess there's otehr possibilites, but those guys are at the top of the )pts) in my league. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

You mean MLB in the Cover-2 isn't a completely irrelevant position?  :D

Is that why Brackett and Quarles are both outscoring June and Brooks??

1023119[/snapback]

You are such an idiot. I seem to remember teaching you this very thing when I was selling Quarles to you last offseason.

You are such an idiot.  I seem to remember teaching you this very thing when I was selling Quarles to you last offseason.

1023508[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic, Corky, but you didn't "teach" me any such thing. I saw this thread and thought of the Fusion post when you told Crispy to "do his homework" so he would know that that plays are "funneled to the weak side" in the Cover-2. It was in reference to his Barrett Ruud pick over Thurman and, of course, it was stated with your usual condescension and self-righteousness.

Now you're saying you were praising the Cover-2 MLB when "selling" me Shelton Quarles. :D Who are you trying to fool here? You know as well as I do that you wouldn't have been trying to sell me Quarles at all if you thought he would score this well. And it wasn't even for an upgrade at another position -- you wanted one of my LBs.

For the record, you -- or anybody else -- can believe what you want to believe about defensive systems and their impact on stats at each position. I'm of the belief that making tackles is a specific talent, just like rushing the passer or one-on-one coverage. Some guys have the instinct and rack up tackles. Some guys don't. Some guys simply don't fit a particular system and/or have trouble learning it. In general, though, tacklers are BORN -- not "plugged in".

Ray Lewis made a ton of tackles in Marvin Lewis's system, then he made a ton of tackles in Mike Nolan's system, and now he's making a ton of tackles in Rex Ryan's system. Zach Thomas switched schemes this year and is still a tackle machine. London Fletcher's tackle stats weren't even affected when he switched TEAMS. Donnie Edwards has 6 consecutive years with 100+ solos and he's played in several different systems. Barnett has played under 3 different D coordinators so far and his tackle numbers have been very consistent. The list goes on and on...

It would be silly for any IDP fantasy player to ignore the defensive system when evaluating players. I'm just saying that, especially with rookies, I put way more stock into my evaluation of his pure tackling instincts than the system he'll be entering.

Oh really, so when did this great knowledge, and philosophy finally sink in.

You traded me Ray Lewis for Julian Peterson. Should anyone really believe you have a clue now. And I was offering Quarles in the deal for Lewis instead, but you would have rather had Peterson. So I knew what I was giving, but Quarels is aging and TB just drafted Rudd to be the future MLB. I was selling high, you idiot.

deal for those interested

Sarge gives up

McCardell, Keenan SDC WR

Peterson, Julian SFO LB;

Year 2005 Round 2 Draft Pick

Swiss gives up

Branch, Deion NEP WR

Lewis, Ray BAL LB

BTW, Why were you in Fusion in the first place. Trying to pick up more knowledge. You certainly did a great job of turning a superbowl team a yr ago into a 0-3 laughing stock so far this yr. In GMX yoru other IDP league, you are what 0-3 as well.

So lets sum this up, you are 0-6 in IDP leagues, traded Ray Lewis for Julian Peterson, learned the cover 2 scheme from me in trade conversations, and are spitting that out here, like you are some sort of IDP genius, stipped a SB team to a laughing stock, and you are giving any sort of advice.

For the record Swiss: -

Im 2-1 in Fusion, 2nd highest point total in the league, lost week 2 by 1 pt, 2004 Champion

http://football17.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/47123

Im 3-0 in Sofa IDP - highest point total in the league.

http://football2.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/75409

Im 3-0 in DW II - highest point total in the league

http://football27.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/22440

Im 2-1 in GMX - lost Pennington and J Walker and still the highest point total in the league

http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/70376

Im 3-0 in Dynasty Wars - 2nd highest point total in the league

http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/16921

Id say 13-2 through 3 weeks in 5 IDP leagues is just a tad better than 0-6 in the 2 you represent yourself in. So please tell us all, Who is the teacher and who is the pupil.

For those scoring at home,

Click the links above to GMX and DWII and find out exactly how swiss is doing. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Uhh...now we're getting into an IDP league competition? Well, if I had as much time as you do, I could try to impress everybody here in the IDP forum by explaining the salary cap rules of GMX and how you'll be lucky to be able to keep 5 of your top 10 starters next year. Or I could figure out the average age of your starters in DW2 and describe, in detail, how badly your Taxi Squad blows.

I don't know about your other IDP leagues and I don't really care (not sure if anyone else does). In GMX and DW2, your teams are built to win in the 1st year -- and you might very well do that. My goals were to field teams full of young players that would take a year or two to mature. The payoff is a squad full of players who are in their primes at the same time and for 3-5 years. That's also why I didn't blow up my salary cap in the first year. I'm not criticizing your strategy at all, actually. I'm just saying that my teams aren't built to win right now, so my 0-3 records aren't surprising OR disappointing.

Speaking of "not surprising"...I was trying to initiate an informative conversation about defensive schemes vs. individual talent, but, of course, you lashed out like somebody stole your teddy bear in pre-school and went on a rant about how great you're doing in all your IDP leagues. Congratulations! :D

P.S. Why was I perusing the Fusion forum? Well, since it's apparently not obvious, I was simply trying to glean as much info from the IDP Fantasy Football God we all know as Corky. Everybody should try it.

Uhh...now we're getting into an IDP league competition? Well, if I had as much time as you do, I could try to impress everybody here in the IDP forum by explaining the salary cap rules of GMX and how you'll be lucky to be able to keep 5 of your top 10 starters next year. Or I could figure out the average age of your starters in DW2 and describe, in detail, how badly your Taxi Squad blows.

I don't know about your other IDP leagues and I don't really care (not sure if anyone else does). In GMX and DW2, your teams are built to win in the 1st year -- and you might very well do that. My goals were to field teams full of young players that would take a year or two to mature. The payoff is a squad full of players who are in their primes at the same time and for 3-5 years. That's also why I didn't blow up my salary cap in the first year. I'm not criticizing your strategy at all, actually. I'm just saying that my teams aren't built to win right now, so my 0-3 records aren't surprising OR disappointing.

Speaking of "not surprising"...I was trying to initiate an informative conversation about defensive schemes vs. individual talent, but, of course, you lashed out like somebody stole your teddy bear in pre-school and went on a rant about how great you're doing in all your IDP leagues. Congratulations! :D

P.S. Why was I perusing the Fusion forum? Well, since it's apparently not obvious, I was simply trying to glean as much info from the IDP Fantasy Football God we all know as Corky. Everybody should try it.

1024851[/snapback]

"Corky" i.e. Athenae that no matter how many times you flush it, it just won't go away. :D

Edited by DKF

My aging GMX corp consists of

Favre/Pennington

LT

Westbrook

Dunn

J Walker

L Coles

D Driver

Randle El

Gonzo

T Suggs

W Smith

K Vanden Bosch

A Davis

O Thurman

Z Thomas

K Morrison

E hartwell

B Sanders

Zach Thomas has at least 2 more productive years after this,

Favre is washed up, I admit, but so are the GB Packers and Ill find another QB by next season and let Favre come off my books then.

My taxi squad is loaded with talent that will come up next yr when I let 2500 drop off my salary cap this offseason. Ill once again compete for a title for yrs to come, while your players will be FA before you have a team around them to compete.

Lets not even discuss DW II, there will always be a sucker like you to take my trash for your stud. I have a ton of cash, picks, and depth to trade to consistently stay competitive, but that league has quality owners that will put up competition yr in yr out. You certainly dont fit that criteria in either league.

BTW, Corky was a nickname well before you found this place. Why don't you do a lil research and find out who and where it came from. Instead of like everything else, running with what someone else says, and trying to make it your own.

Swiss, lets just say you are as novice a IDP fantasy owner as there is. yet you come across as all knowing, when you regurgitate everything you hear from someone else. Have an opinion, dont be such a plagiarist, and don't act as if everything you say you know from experience, or is a fact. Your experience is dealing stud players for average or injured ones and were on the short end of every deal you made.

My taxi squad is loaded with talent that will come up next yr when I let 2500 drop off my salary cap this offseason.  Ill once again compete for a title for yrs to come, while your players will be FA before you have a team around them to compete. 

1024998[/snapback]

Unless you plan on dumping over half of that vaunted taxi squad, you need to buy a new calculator. I count less that $1k coming off your active roster next year.

:D You do have $1500 in unused cap currently, which would total, $2500, but you have at least $1000 automatic increases. Leaving you with $1500 again.

Edited by DKF

Unless you plan on dumping over half of that vaunted taxi squad, you need to buy a new calculator. I count less that $1k coming off your active roster next year.

:D You do have $1500 in unused cap currently, which would total, $2500, but you have at least $1000 automatic increases. Leaving you with $1500 again.

1025131[/snapback]

DKF, not you too. Do you seriously think I will stay put and not make any moves between now and next yrs RFA. Why dont you just let me worry about my cap, and yrs from here on out. I think I have a proven track record of how to handle these things, and this league will be no exception.

DKF, not you too.  Do you seriously think I will stay put and not make any moves between now and next yrs RFA.  Why dont you just let me worry about my cap, and yrs from here on out.  I think I have a proven track record of how to handle these things, and this league will be no exception.

1025206[/snapback]

Oh, you can manage it, I have no doubt about that. With no 1st round pick, you have enough space to handle the cap, and sign your rookies. I also have no doubt that you will make some profitable trades.

I am only questioning shedding $2500 in salaries.

Well, I waited to hear the results and they are grim. It seems Harrions IS out for the season and now I'm truely left with ?'s on who to pick up. The top 2 guys listed above were picked up earlier today so I am left with:

Haggans (Pit)

O. Thurman (Cin)

Wong (Hou)

K. Morrison (Oak)

L. Fletcher (Buf)

I guess there's otehr possibilites, but those guys are at the top of the )pts) in my league. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

1023334[/snapback]

This is a good list to choose from, with the execption of Haggans. Here's how I rank them:

Morrison

Thurman

Fletcher

Wong

Haggans

Fletcher seems like the obvious choice, but I am really impressed with both Morrison and Thurman. Fletcher had a strained hammy, but played well last week. Morrison has been a machine and is all over the field - probably the most pleasant surprise this year. Thurman is rock solid, and a big year is on the horizon as well. Wong is decent, but probably won't put up the numbers as the top-3. Haggans is hit or miss, and the 4th best linebacker on the Steelers.

Swiss, lets just say you are as novice a IDP fantasy owner as there is.  yet you come across as all knowing, when you regurgitate everything you hear from someone else.  Have an opinion, dont be such a plagiarist, and don't act as if everything you say you know from experience, or is a fact.  Your experience is dealing stud players for average or injured ones and were on the short end of every deal you made.

1025115[/snapback]

:D

First of all, I've ALWAYS paid attention to defensive players and their statistics -- before I started playing ANY kind of fantasy football. This was the first year I had an opportunity to play in IDP leagues. So what? If I really cared enough, I would show you why the vast majority of my trades have paid off. Some of them have helped both owners and some of them are clearly lopsided in my direction. Offhand, I can't think of one that I would take back.

As for Corky, I don't give a damm where the name originated. It's a reference to the famous retarded character of all time. Corky = mentally challenged. You = mentally challenged. Corky = mindless entertainment. You = mindless entertainment. Understand, Corky?

Oh look -- I just used a QUESTION MARK! Ever seen one before, Sarge? I'll help you out...if you're typing or writing a question, you should end the sentence with a "question mark". It looks like this: ? It's the key right next to the "period" you mistakenly use in its place. Don't forget the shift key!

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

This is a good list to choose from, with the execption of Haggans.  Here's how I rank them:

Morrison

Thurman

Fletcher

Wong

Haggans

Fletcher seems like the obvious choice, but I am really impressed with both Morrison and Thurman.  Fletcher had a strained hammy, but played well last week.  Morrison has been a machine and is all over the field - probably the most pleasant surprise this year.  Thurman is rock solid, and a big year is on the horizon as well.  Wong is decent, but probably won't put up the numbers as the top-3.  Haggans is hit or miss, and the 4th best linebacker on the Steelers.

1026577[/snapback]

Getting back to the question at hand :D I completely agree with Runner here if you need a fix for this year. Long term and possibly toward the end of the season (ie playoff time) I think Thurman will end up being the better option. Morrison is just what he said, a pleasant surprise, he could end up like June and tail off in production whereas Thurman is an obvious talent and is just touching on his potential. Put simply Odel is Marv's new Ray Lewis.

Edited by rajncajn

:D

First of all, I've ALWAYS paid attention to defensive players and their statistics -- before I started playing ANY kind of fantasy football. This was the first year I had an opportunity to play in IDP leagues. So what? If I really cared enough, I would show you why the vast majority of my trades have paid off. Some of them have helped both owners and some of them are clearly lopsided in my direction. Offhand, I can't think of one that I would take back.

1026851[/snapback]

LMAO, I think its obvious where your user name came from. Every owner you have traded with has turned your ass into swiss chesse.

BTW, 0-6 in 2 IDP leagues combined only prove your either

A ) ignorant to IDP, which you no doubt are.

or

B ) just stupid and trade stud players for Athena players.

I could really care less which you are. As I am just enjoying the hell out of kicking your ass in both the IDP leagues you play, 5-1 in those same 2 leagues, compared to you 0-6 :D .

BTW, let me know when the rest of the league is done pounding your ass in lopsided rape trades. I could use another stud for my title run in both leagues. Athena, what am I thinking, Ive already took the only one you had. :D

And back to the subject at hand. Thurman is a beast and when the weather turns colder and teams pound the rock more against Cincy, he will rack up even more stats for you, as Morrison is going to be a stud, but he doesnt have a defined position yet, and could be a risk to put up a goose egg as the season goes on. Any way you can pick up them both and play the matchups each week?

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

And back to the subject at hand.  Thurman is a beast and when the weather turns colder and teams pound the rock more against Cincy, he will rack up even more stats for you, as Morrison is going to be a stud, but he doesnt have a defined position yet, and could be a risk to put up a goose egg as the season goes on.  Any way you can pick up them both and play the matchups each week?

1027166[/snapback]

Gotta agree w/ Sarge here. Morrison has been a surprise, but Thurman is a potential stud.

Now, I'll ask nicely. Please take your pissing match to one of your BOTH Forums. Thank you, drive through.