[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most Disappointing Player You Own

gilthorp

So, who is it?

I've got to say, that three weeks into the season, my biggest IDP disappointment has got to be Roy Williams. It's not that he's had any goose eggs so far, but I guess I would have expected him to put up better numbers than he has.

Perhaps it's this new defense and other guys that are fast and getting to the ball, but I didn't expect him to be the 23rd ranked safety in the IDPH league, and in my local where I own him (heavy emphasis on tackles) he's the 31st best safety at this point.

Ed Hartwell. I bought the hype that he wanted his own defense in Atlanta like Ray has in Baltimore. he even looked impressive in short stints in preseason. but OL have been on him virtually every play and he has been below average to say the least to start the season.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

He hasnt been the same since his rookie year.  Sure hes a force at applying pressure, but that doesnt rack up any points.

1024599[/snapback]

I drank the kool-aid when they were talking about keeping him only on one side this year, instead of switching back and forth. :D

I drank the kool-aid when they were talking about keeping him only on one side this year, instead of switching back and forth.  :D

1024642[/snapback]

he is just one of those players that will be long gone before I get around to drafting him. As many thought he would have a breakout yr this season.

So, who is it?

I've got to say, that three weeks into the season, my biggest IDP disappointment has got to be Roy Williams. It's not that he's had any goose eggs so far, but I guess I would have expected him to put up better numbers than he has.

Perhaps it's this new defense and other guys that are fast and getting to the ball, but I didn't expect him to be the 23rd ranked safety in the IDPH league, and in my local where I own him (heavy emphasis on tackles) he's the 31st best safety at this point.

1024525[/snapback]

Gilthorp,

He was a disappointment last year as well, so I don't know why you are so disappointed this year. It is because of the hype surrounding him, and quite frankley, he has not lived up to his expectation. There's a lot of good IDP DB talent out there. My guess is that Roy will finish somewhere about where he is now.

Gilthorp,

He was a disappointment last year as well, so I don't know why you are so disappointed this year.  It is because of the hype surrounding him, and quite frankley, he has not lived up to his expectation.  There's a lot of good IDP DB talent out there.  My guess is that Roy will finish somewhere about where he is now.

1025904[/snapback]

Because I own him this year. That's why!

Probably just a bad pick, I guess. :D

Charles Grant with the Saints. He went from stud last year to dud this year in record time. He gets the huge nod IMO since he was projected as a top 5 DL and as high as the number 1 pick in many places.

Ed Hartwell.  I bought the hype that he wanted his own defense in Atlanta like Ray has in Baltimore.  he even looked impressive in short stints in preseason.  but OL have been on him virtually every play and he has been below average to say the least to start the season.

1024585[/snapback]

Yup. ATL d-line is nothing like BAL d-line. Its still possible they could improve and free up Hartwell to make plays.

Grant also, I already dropped him in one of my leagues.

Charles Grant with the Saints.  He went from stud last year to dud this year in record time.  He gets the huge nod IMO since he was projected as a top 5 DL and as high as the number 1 pick in many places.

1026221[/snapback]

That's a good call. I don't own Grant in any leagues, but I thought he was in for another huge season. The same goes for Kevin Williams. Neither are in the top 30 DLs.

Charles Grant with the Saints.  He went from stud last year to dud this year in record time.  He gets the huge nod IMO since he was projected as a top 5 DL and as high as the number 1 pick in many places.

1026221[/snapback]

he can rack stats up in a hurry and Id be willing to bet he finishs in the top 10 DL again this yr. I wouldnt cut bait with him just yet.

1026221[/snapback]

he can rack stats up in a hurry and Id be willing to bet he finishs in the top 10 DL again this yr.  I wouldnt cut bait with him just yet.

1027709[/snapback]

Agreed with Sarge here & the same can be said for Julius Peppers.

My biggest disappointment this year has been Lavar Arrington. I know a lot of it has to do with the injury but it's still sucks to see him sitting the bench from both a fantasy & a real standpoint.

Edited by rajncajn

Yup.  ATL d-line is nothing like BAL d-line.  Its still possible they could improve and free up Hartwell to make plays.

Grant also, I already dropped him in one of my leagues.

1026656[/snapback]

Of course I cut Grant and he has a pretty good game. He still might be out there after another good week. I might be able to sneak him back in my lineup then.

I'm pretty happy w/ my LBs (Vilma, Bulluck, Brookings, D. Johnson, EJ Henderson) but my d-backs are a little dissapointing (w/ the exception of Polamalu). First time drafting IDPs for a dynasty league. Didn't realize that corners aren't all they're cracked up to be (C. Woodson).